It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A break-up demand in Latin from the Knights Templar?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Don'tTreadOnMe,

Yes, Mexico is VERY Catholic. Non-Catholics are very rare here, and non-Christians are very hard to find. They are here, but they keep their beliefs pretty quiet.

You're right that it is bizarre that a group affiliated with the Freemasons would be angry that she isn't Catholic. However, I'm no longer sure that she said they didn't like her because she isn't Catholic. I KNOW they didn't like it that she is Buddhist, and I may have just assumed that they disliked that because it isn't Catholic. It still doesn't seem like the Knights Templar, however.

It is also possible that she said Knights of Colombus (a group that I don't believe I've ever heard of before?) but I'm almost certain she said Knights Templar, because as soon as she said it, I thought of _The Da Vinci Code._ That was the extent of my knowledge of the Knights Templar at that point, and when she told me the story, I said, "I thought that was an ancient group from the Crusades." She said no, that they are still around and quite powerful.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Estrella]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Estrella~~no Knights of Columbus in Mexico? Well, they website is alos in Spanish, but of course that doesn't mean they have them in Mexico.

But, even if it were KofC, I find it hard to believe. They do that sort of thing either. In fact, I've ead here that KofC was created because Catholics couldn't join Masonry.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Don'tTreadOnMe, I don't think I made myself clear. I didn't mean that there are no Knights of Columbus in Mexico. I meant that I've never heard of them, but they might exist here. I had never heard of the Knights Templar before this year, and didn't know what Masonry was either! I'll look on the web and see what I can learn about the Knights of Columbus.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sorry, I meant to supply a link here
www.kofc.org...
I did misunderstand you, sorry.

My husband belongs to KofC, but is not active in it at all. All I know is they have an intersting initiation ceremony!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join