It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmaker Grilled by Tea Party Activist on His Knowledge of the Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So, since the Reps seem to not know the constitution, nor the difference it between it and The Decleration of Independence, what can we do about it? I realize that some of them do know what they contain and just don't care, yet I think when it's your job, as an elected official you shoould at least know what you are swearing to uphold and defend. It's amazing to me that politicians like him will probably be re elected because of the general apathy in our society today. Apathy coupled with the gimme frenzy taking place, before it all runs out is one of the biggest problems we have today.

www.breitbart.tv...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Constitution Quiz

Pass or Fail?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Constitution Quiz

Pass or Fail?

Thanks for the link, I am a..........

" CONGRATULATIONS!

YOUR SCORE IS: 7 OUT OF 10 ON THE CONSTITUTION FACTS QUIZ!
YOUR CONSTITUTION I.Q. IS: PATRIOT
THE AVERAGE SCORE FOR PEOPLE FROM KY IS 7.422
THE AVERAGE SCORE NATIONALLY IS 7.299

"

Us rednecks know our stuff huh?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I couldn't believe that representative in the video. The freedom of speech in the first section of article one? :shk: And he couldn't "articulate" the freedoms of the first amendment? This is basic stuff that a politician should absolutely know! This illustrates one reason we're in teh shape we're in...

The citizen was very cool and I agree with him 100%!

I got 7 out of 10 on the test. Disappointing.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Meh, start questioning anyone on ATS without the miracle of Google and you will find even some of the more rabid pro-constitution types are ignorant...

I think your true introduction to the constitution for the average citizen is when they get into a bit of legal problems.,..then suddenly they become a damn near certified paralegal

But ya, if you want to be a politician, you should probably read it, especially if your pretending to brand yourself as the great savior of the constitution...it adds to the illusion if you dont fail the basics.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I got 7 out of 10 on the test. Disappointing.

You fail you commie pinko

That test is less about the constitution and more like a crappy history class...some rather useless quizzes, erm...meant to fail, and the font size is confusing...

6/10 (hangs head)...who cares who the first confederate era whatnot president is...I mean, will that tidbit of knowledge help me against the alien menace...

-walks off grumbling-

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I expected to fail that test myself, and am quite pleased I did as well as I did!

I really love law, so maybe thats why I surprised myself, years of hobby reading.

I have a pocket constitution, somewhere. I am going start carrying it with me and reading it in my spare time.

Oh, I have a constitution app for my phone too.

No excuses for me now!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Got a 42 on the expert quiz! But I was really embarrassed about the 8 I missed. I'll have to bone up and try again!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
You fail you commie pinko

I KNOW! I'm so ashamed!

That test is less about the constitution and more like a crappy history class...

That's true. Who cares how old you have to be to be a senator? If I ever need to know that, I can easily look it up. But the freedoms in the amendments are more my style. The 1st, 9th and 14th are pretty close to my heart.

But still... I wanted an A.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So, since the Reps seem to not know the constitution, nor the difference it between it and The Decleration of Independence, what can we do about it?

We can vote them out. And pay more attention to who we're voting for in the future. Failure to research during 2008 lead to a radical idealogue heading the executive branch.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I'm a constitutional whiz kid according to the expert quiz. Although, without multiple choice I would have done badly - I don't remember every little number for every amendment - just #2.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The guy in the video is great, message is great, delivery is well done, and it's remarkable he didn't lose it.

I think the exercise is referred to as a remonstrance. I would say that considering the audience, he may have elicited a more positive response with a less militant(?) appearance. No criticism here, just may have been more effective to spread the message - different from making a statement.

gj

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What was shocking to me was only one person attempted to clap the guy and women to his right wanted him to shut up about the constitution stuff ,not one in the room was bothered its like the constitution dont matter for the majority in that vid,I suggest he dont know it because he doesnt intend to use it and the majority of people are in the know and aprove of this or why dident they help him and clap or stand up to show the head oncho it does matter ,the world is change for the worse

top topics

join