It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, United States sign new arms reduction treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Russia, United States sign new arms reduction treaty

en.rian.ru

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and U.S. President Barack Obama signed on Thursday a new treaty on the reduction of strategic offensive weapons to replace the START 1 treaty, which expired in December 2009.

The document is expected to bring Moscow and Washington to a new level of cooperation in the areas of nuclear disarmament and arms control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If I would not be so skeptic these days, I would consider this as good news - But knowing that truth is far behind those smiling faces, I just start to wonder what really is signed...

First of all is the fact, that USA needs clean picture from their activities and policy against the Nukes - why? Because their media demonization of Iran and NK is in full steam, and thease trieties gives us a picture that they are dangerous aggressors in this issue.

Second, for Russia is ok to reduce very expensive Nuke armament to concentrate many new and higly needed weapon systems - fourth generation fighters and drones - also new tanks and navy ships are highly needed.

I thing playing down costs of Nukes is needed both sides.

I think Russia is playing US/Israeli ball now. I wont see these as good news for world peace, but just opposite - and green light is given to strike Iran, and that means war in caucasus and ME near future.

Sorry - any "good news" is just another bad news for me.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
100% agree about the truth behind those smiling faces.

A professor of mine always said "A treaty is only as good as the paper it's written on." This is so true. The START treaties are pointless. While governments may take some measures to reduce armaments, take a look at our military-industrial complex. We don't even know what monstrosities these guys are developing.

Also to add, ever since being awaken to the global elite conspiracy, you have to wonder if these even matter. The global elite will control all of the wars, and make sure they profit from both sides. So in the end who loses? Us.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of when Lord Chamberlin came back from meeting w/ Hitler before the start of the last war to end war (WW2).

Russia is doing this to placate the West. They are on the move-both in military and Space-this stuff isn't being reported much-if at all-in the west. And what better time-the US is bending to its knees under the new POTUS as he acts like a whimp and Putin acts likes a lion.

See these two links-as examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Nuclear weapons are nothing these days. What the real danger to everyone is mind control, and electromagnetic weapons. No treaties there, lol.

On obama talking about nukes, i doubt israel will be at that meeting for people to talk about controlling nukes. we all know they have them, but there is no control over them, as israel is a state of america already.

top topics

join