It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Heaven to Earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
I do have to ask though, was Mary asked for permission to be the bearer of the son of God or did God just do it without her permission because then it brings up questions about God defying free will of his creations which is the most important thing he supposedly wants his creations to have ?

God did not ask and this was not the only incident where a person was told what they're going to be doing. I think there's great stress for a believer not knowing what God wants them to do. He doesn't puppeteer people either (according to the Bible) so he's more of a "macro manager" making sure the grand plan works without "micro managing" the details. I believe God knew how happy she would be with the news though. Who wouldn't be?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I believe God knew how happy she would be with the news though. Who wouldn't be?

I for one would not be happy being told that I am going to be pregnant.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
I for one would not be happy being told that I am going to be pregnant.

Not pregnant, pregnant with the son of God, chosen because you were favoured in His eyes.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

There is a difference between free choice and free will? They are both one & the same unless you want to be anal and toy with semantics. And if it is indeed limited then it is not free choice at all

I read in the Holy Quran that Humans have limited " Free Will " as Allah is the only one who has total Free will. I've also read - on muslim websites - that we merely have " Free Choice ". Anyway, they do seem to be basically the same, but, yes, our Free whatever you wish to call it is definitely limited. Allah can intervene in any matter he wishes and basically turn off your free will whenever he so pleases. I've witnessed this first hand. Just go read Media Blogs and read " Mount Coincidence " and " My Mental Evaluation " and you'll see where I did indeed witness a Human Being lose total control of his Free Will. I'm not lying either as I caught 10 Felonies thanks to Fox News and the CIA or some higher power.

Anyway, I could care less if some of you people don't want me posting things about Islam; as it has much more wisdom than Christianity anyway, and explains things much more clearer.

Allah Akbar!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Anyways, my question is this: Since Jesus was a being in heaven, wherever that is, how did he get from there to Mary's uterus? Did he become a sperm, and swim into Mary's egg? Did an Angel artificially inseminate sperm Jesus into Mary's egg like we can do today?

The simple answer is "magic", or "hocus pocus"...

The more religious answer is more akin to what happens during Transubstantiation...but in the reverse....where the spirit becomes flesh.

To make it work, (for me), you have to assume Jesus was more like an avatar of God (i.e. a fraction of the divine essence)...being hosted in a human body.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

. . .you need to think of God as not being an actual being, but a presence that is in all things and jesus being the human embodiment of this spirit. . .
I would agee with the idea of God not being a "being" in the normal sense of the word.
The pre-incarnate Jesus may have been the manifestation of God as an interface with creation, though he may have been, even in this form, not a material manifestation as we would know it, and still very spiritual, meaning above the ordinary soup of the universe.
Jesus was not an avatar but God Himself, in His own created form. Being in this form, as a human, he subjected himself to the higher wholeness of the imperceivable-to-lesser-minds ultimate mind who thought of the universe and holds its existence together by its constant thought.
Jesus, like everything, had his own localized consciousness attached to the body while in the womb, but being God, would have been fully aware of his being God, long before he was born.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Not pregnant, pregnant with the son of God, chosen because you were favoured in His eyes.

Well, me being male, I would not want to be pregnant with anyone, not even a son of a god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join