It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. Lawmaker: University Silence On Palin Visit Unlawful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Article:

A California lawmaker said Wednesday that a state university is breaking the law by failing to disclose correspondence about an upcoming fundraiser appearance by Sarah Palin. Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, filed a public records request with California State University, Stanislaus last week. He requested any documents related to the former vice presidential candidate's scheduled June 25 speech to mark the university's 50th anniversary

Source: newsmax.com...

Apparently this CA lawmaker doesn't have much else to do with his time. Well other than trying to use Saral Palin's name as an attention getter. I don't think he will win his arguement. A Non-profit paying a private citizen (if in fact she did/does get paid) is a non-issue (regarless if you like or don't like the person).

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow, how ,weird.

Why does he care?

She is a paid entertainer now.

Besides there will be plenty of hype further towards the event. Its a bit early to be expecting much PR this far ahead of the actual event.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Paid enterainer. Interesting concept. I guess that is what we'll find out. But, I just don't know if I can go with that exact term-in this venue. I think she would still be a private citizen.

Regardless-I bet now it will be a sold-out event with the publicity. Thanks Mr. Cal Rep-Lee.

PS I wonder it this type of request the Rep is making is something of a standard practice out there or is he just picking on Palin (which I think would be in bad taste).

join