It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011-2012...no more gov't kicking $can$ down the road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
home.comcast.net...

How long can the government continue to extend & pretend? How long can public policy endlessly ‘kick-the-can’ down the road without addressing the underlying causes? Such a critical point is often academically referred to as a ‘Tipping Point’ or what newsletter writer John Mauldin refers to as a ‘Finger of Instability’. I am more pragmatic and as an investor, who is forced to call the timing, I refer to it as the Maturity Wall

perhaps someone more economically bond savvy can tell me if this article is really that alerting....i believe it is

What has surprisingly received little media attention is that the US Government has been steadily reducing the maturity of its treasury portfolio to keep fiscal deficits down. Whether interest rates rise or it becomes a problem for the US Treasury to re-fund the ever expanding roll-over pools, both suggest a Maturity Wall is dead ahead. It will occur no later than 2012, but it will likely be triggered with the next financial default scare.

it's been a while since i posted.....seems the gov't will no longer be able to kick the can down the road by 2012 at the latest and "austerity" measures may be employed ...we have never seen a problem like this in the usa.......

it's not a big leap to see how we have a cashless society (fiat currency collapse as gov't bond market's can't service debt.....and a global government....after many gov't become unstable following .....social upheaval and unrest following a major financial terror episode......people think we were close in fall of 2008......yet we realized we kicked the can down the road.....what else should we think will happen in the next two years.....

[edit on 7-4-2010 by cpdaman]

new topics

join