It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does god use messengers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Seriously...what good is just 'faith' in something you do not know?

Its more about the nature within you...do you live for yourself and your life of flesh...or do you live for the spirit within you, and live more for others.

What good does faith in something that we dont 'know' do us? Besides, give us a 'hope'?

A great God is going to make this world, make us with logical minds...and then count on us just having 'faith'?

Its one thing to have a 'feeling' there is something more to you and this world, its another to see that many people have NDE and see something beyond here, that many people have actual experiences of things that science cant explain to us. Its one thing to have a open mind, its another to just place absolute faith in a book that we did not witness the events ourselves. There are many books...there are stories older the the Bible stories...so why doesnt people put faith in Eniki or Anu?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by fizzy1
why does God use messengers?

well it is my belief that most times
we don't hear or see his messages
to us cuz we're so busy with our own
existence. Some folks pray to him
but don't really ever expect him to
answer.

And if he did speak to some of us
it might just scare us into shock
or even death.

Messengers are used as a liaison.
Most common forms of messengers would be
pastors, priests, rabbi's, men or women of cloth
and are in tune with their spirituality.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

Well Said!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
" why doesn't God come down to handle it himself "

Oh he has. As Christ. He's not supposed to baby us all the time. And certain well actually most souls don't have faith enough to see or behold him.

a select amount of saints actually seen him in the spirit. Those in the state of grace and able to behold him in the spirit.

He left all he needs to in his teachings to us.

That should suffice, but if we don't listen to his teachings what makes you think we will listen to him in the flesh?

But dragon demese great post. kuddos.

And OP he will come down to handle everything very soon, this time for good.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hi All,

Logical Example:

Suppose I manufacture a DVD Player. Do I have to become a DVD Player to know what is good or what is bad for the DVD Player? What do I do? I write an instruction manual: "In order to watch a DVD, insert the DVD Disc and press the play button. In order to stop, press the stop button. If you want to fast forward press the FF button. Do not drop it from a height or it will get damaged. Do not immerse it in water or it will get spoil". I write an instruction manual that lists the various do’s and don’ts for the machine.

Almighty God need not come down personally for giving the instruction manual. He chooses a man amongst men to deliver the message and communicates with him at a higher level through the medium of revelations. Such chosen men are called messengers and prophets of God.

Similarly, our Lord and Creator need not take human form to know what is good or bad for the human being. He chooses to reveal the instruction manual. The last and final instruction manual of the human beings is the Glorious Quran. The ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’ for the human beings are mentioned in the Quran.

Some may argue that God does not become a human being but only takes a human form. If God only takes a human form but does not become a human being, He should not possess any human qualities. We know that all the ‘God-men’, have human qualities and failings. They have all the human needs such as the need to eat, sleep,etc.

Why did he send messengers/prophets?

Ever since people innovated the dogma of Shirk, (i.e. joining others in worship along with Almighty Lord, Our Lord had been sending Prophets and Messengers to His devotees in order to invite them to the worship of Him Alone, to order them not to ascribe partners unto Him and bring them out of the darkness of polytheism into the light of Monotheism.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
God doesn't need anything. God has messager because he is so holy that we cant be in his presents in our sinful bodies. God has messagers because God loves people and wants them to have faith in his will. God doing things for himself wont'nt even get us to really have faith in him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join