It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economist tallies swelling cost of Israel to US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Since 1973, Israel has cost the United States about $1.6 trillion. If divided by today's population, that is more than $5,700 per person.

This is an estimate by Thomas Stauffer, a consulting economist in Washington. For decades, his analyses of the Middle East scene have made him a frequent thorn in the side of the Israel lobby.

For the first time in many years, Mr. Stauffer has tallied the total cost to the US of its backing of Israel in its drawn-out, violent dispute with the Palestinians. So far, he figures, the bill adds up to more than twice the cost of the Vietnam War.

And now Israel wants more. In a meeting at the White House late last month, Israeli officials made a pitch for $4 billion in additional military aid to defray the rising costs of dealing with the intifada and suicide bombings. They also asked for more than $8 billion in loan guarantees to help the country's recession-bound economy.

Economist tallies swelling cost of Israel to US

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well this is important enough for a flag. We are giving away our grandchildren's future so some people can continue to wage holy war in the name of an outdated, racist religion.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If I were to truly express my outrage at this statement and its implications, I would probably be banned for an extreme T&C violation. The Israeli's have committed terrorist attacks against us, terrorized innocents and through the Rothschilds and their descendants conspired to create a tyrannical one-world regime and the United States of America is subsidizing them. I would go outside and scream if it were not for certain nosy neighbors who would call the police and have me hauled off to the nearest loony bin. I say let them get by on their own. Not that such is gonna happen, because they've gathered too much power. S&F for you, and thanks everybody for letting me get that out of my system.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It isnt called the state of Israel for nothing. It may not be in the books but Israel is part of the States.

top topics

join