It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Asks: 'Homosexuality, Is It A Problem In Need Of A Cure?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
EDIT: I Put this here in Breaking Political because it is regarding a bill and government involvement!

CNN Asks: 'Homosexuality, Is It A Problem In Need Of A Cure?'

Ok, due to me making another specific thread I know that people might say "oh HE came out with this thread".

Listen, I didn't ask CNN to present this video.
Moving on.....

Anyhow if that is what you plan on commenting then perhaps this thread is not for you.

I encourge mature discussion please.

Anyhow, is homosexuality in need of a cure?
No absolutely NOT!

In my previous thread people said that I was gay bashing when I was simply wanting a mature discussion.

Moving on, no it doesn't need a cure and doesn't need to be "reversed".
But what if some homosexuals Want to come out of that choice of lifestyle?

Is that "segment" of people a concern?
Should all homosexuals speak for that segment as well?
Of course they will speak on their behalf, should they?

"Helping" getting people out of homosexuaity whether a concern or not is none of the Government's business. Allow the scientific community to address that topic if needed.

On another note, I don't think that this Cohen guy was ever a homosexual.
However let's stay on topic instead of saying "oh he was incredibly parlimentary in his rethoric". Let's discuss the conversation not the person.

Also, this topic is NOT about "who cares what others think", or "what's it to them".

That is only valid if "them" is the govt.
Otherwise let's stay on topic

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
People are so concerned about what others think. Follow your heart, in the end that is all that matters.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by seanizle]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is how I found out that homosexuality wasn't a disease or a choice or a perversion-- I asked a homosexual. I talked, I listen, I asked and now I understand that homosexuality can be cured just as thoroughly as heterosexuality can be cured.

It really is the exact same as being born one sex. Can male sexuality be cured? What if he prayed hard enough? Maybe there is a pill?
DNA divides us into categories: male, female, homo, hetero, blue eyed, black haired, tall, short....and so on.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, pretty conservative, and don't agree with the lifestyle...that being said, Homosexuality is NOT a problem.

What someone does is their business, how they do it is their business. I know both gay and lesbians, have some as friends and co-workers. They are nice, easy going, some of them are down right funny as hell. They are everything you could want in a neighbor and friend...I don't see the problem.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
By the way, they don't really have a problem being gay, lesbian in the south in a small town. One is a mayor, many run successful businesses, all are active in their communities, churches...yup, churches... they have farms, hang out at the stock markets on auction day... might even buy you a Coke when you drop by the store after working.

Doesn't sound like the South I see on tv....lol

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
what in hell is all the fuss about it...The gooberment needs to stay the hell out of the lives of people...

I personally do not condemn nor condone this... a person is who and what they are...

It is not a problem except in the minds and fears of many that flat out are homophobic... that irrational fear is flat from ignorance.

having many friends that are gay and a sisiter that is as well.... I have been supportive of people that I know are of the life style..and I have several employees that are gay...

piss on the government...if they think this is a problem... they really need to start in their own house ...because there is the source of all our problems... continual meddling in others lives.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The government has no place in people’s bedrooms or bloomers. Period.

If some gay people find that they want to “get straight”, they can talk to their family, clergy, a therapist, a psychologist, psychiatrist, or whatever. It’s NOT the government’s business. And there definitely shouldn’t be a law that it HAS to be studied. The scientific community can certainly study homosexuality, but law shouldn’t mandate it.

The guy in the video is probably bisexual. He was in a same-sex relationship for 3 years and is now happily married. Happens all the time.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I absolutely think it should be studied and if a cure can be found then get it out to the public and let people decide whether or not they want it.

Homosexuality is a genetic abnormality of the brain, much like scizophrenia. The characteristics of schizophrenia and homosexuality are almost identical in that if one twin is found to be homosexual there is a good likelihood that the other will be as well.

As to whether it be law that it be studied? I have no problem with it. But certain people on this thread have huge problems with it I think because they fear the outcome of the study.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

1stly I notice that he craftily dodged the very 1st question put to him and in doing so he immediately shoe horned in paedophilia as a reason to keep the bill in its entirety! EPIC FAIL!

Personal Disclosure: I'm going to RANT RUTHLESSLY NOW!

Here is why...

Were any of these convicted child molestors Homosexuals at the time of commiting such criminal acts?

Were any of them convicted for child molestation due to Homosexual sexual activity?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The bloke totally ignored the very 1st question put to him and he instantly pushed his own agenda and poisoned the well of discussion from the get go!

This is not to say that those specific parts of the current bill should be disregarded at all!

P.S. Homosexuality is not a problem and the only Cure required IS SELF DETERMINATION! i.e. Make up your own mind about whether you are homosexual or not and follow that until it stops working for you. I did and I'm fine! [life long natural [inherent] homosexual tendencies but have spent past 7yrs in monogamous hetrosexual relationship! Both were and are a CHOICE!]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thanks for another opportunity feast on the rhetoric of the day.

Lots of things need cures from cancer to the money system.
But even if one considers homosexuality to be a disease there's no public policy or health mandate to cure it. Should it not be a personal choice beyond the realm of "medical advice" or subtle coercion - how one conducts one's daily affairs?

Studying the phenomena may have some scientific merit, but ethically this might best limited to basic research in neural physiology as opposed to specific disease-based "find a cure" investigations. If something about homosexuality falls out of studying brain physiology, so be it. But the scope is severly limited compared to seeking a cure and developing intervention or "treatment" practices or experiments. My perspective is that the whole concept (curing homosexualityt) would be similar to trying to develop a cure for love, passion, breathing, transpiration or cookies.

gj

gj

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
In the hypothetical situation that it is, how would you go about finding a cure? Sounds kind of ridiculous. Is there a cure for cross-dressing?

Many homosexuals could avoid discrimination if they simply chose not to impose their lifestyle choice on the majority. I do not force my heterosexuality on others, so why must the homosexuality of others be forced upon me?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Why weren't they reporting THE NEWS?

Cause this is a stupid thing to talk about, IMO.
People just are what they are.

Some people are gay. Ok.
Some people are haters.

There ya go.

I'd rather live where the gay people are.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
maybe people should be more concerned about perfecting their own lives before trying to mould people to be what they want.

What is wrong with that country.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Anyone that hates on gay people you should at least understand that they gave us some great things. Such as but not limited to

"Boom! That's right! This is all happening! You can not change the channel now!" ---Shore Leave

Truth is CNN should really stick to i-reporting as that is really the only news they have left. Sorry to disturb the thread, just wanted to throw in my two cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
With EVERYTHING going to hell in a handbasket, THAT'S WHAT they are talking about?

SERIOUSLY? No investigation on CPS kidnapping kids? Or Halliburton and Dynncorps doing human slavery? Or Wal-Mart who have slave factories in China? Or Barny Franks being a pedophile? Or BANKS STEALING TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS? Or CNN BEING COMPLICIT INTO SENDING THE US TO WAR BASED ON LIES? Or HEALTH INSURANCE INDUSTRY WRITING THE HEALTH CARE BILL? Or OBAMA WORKING FOR BILDERBERG? Or how 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB? Or OKC? Or the government MURDERING CHILDREN AND WOMEN AT WACO?

Ect...

Yeah CNN, continue doing stupid subjects like that instead of covering the HUNDREDS OF MORE IMPORTANT SUBJECTS THAT AFFECT DIRECTLY AMERICA EVERYDAY. CONTINUE COVERING UP FOR YOUR BOSSES.

That's why your ratings are in the dumpster. And you should all be there too, as the media corpse you are.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Many homosexuals could avoid discrimination if they simply chose not to impose their lifestyle choice on the majority.

Can you explain what that means? I don't understand how gay people force their lifestyle on you...

Do you mean showing their sexual orientation in public?
Do you mean showing affection toward their mate where you can see it?
Do you mean acting in a way that you suspect that they're gay?
Or are they forcing you to have sex and fall in love with a person of the same sex? Or trying to convince you that you should also be gay?

I've never understood what people mean when they say that. I would love an explanation.

I do not force my heterosexuality on others, so why must the homosexuality of others be forced upon me?

I would submit that you also show your sexual orientation in public by:

Showing affection toward your mate where others can see it.
Acting in a way that makes it clear that you are straight.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I personally believe homosexuality is spiritual in nature. I think the government already know how to turn people from straight to gay and the other way round.

Illusion is king today.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I personally believe homosexuality is spiritual in nature.

Say what?
How so?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am absolutely sick and tired of this constant notion that ANY personality trait or difference from the established "norm" is wrong and a disease and must be cured. Everyone who does not conform must be trained and pushed into a hole they were never meant to fit into. This happens with cultural differences, and the catholic church has done a fine job of eradicating different cultures and histories over the years, sexual practices, personality types, points of view. All are taught to be diseases, perversions from the norm that must be eradicated, so that everyone turns out to be a well balanced clone of everyone else.

Be different, be unique, don't buy in to the crap on the tv. Dressing up as a goth isn't individuality, it's just following a different herd in the same flock. Be wonderful, be yourself, recognise that you are an individual. There's no such thing as straight or gay, there's just sexuality. Every person I have met has had their own, unique sexuality, they just feel pressure to conform to the 3 sanctioned flavours and spend their entire lives feeling that there's something just not right, but that something must be a fault or a sickness.

Stop believing the lies. You're perfect just the way you are.

new topics

top topics

join