It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Law of A New Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A law of a new order I would like to see:

I would like to see each state of the United States, by law, have to make their own state legal tender of cash and coin. And I would like such entered exclusively into the particular issueing state's circulation. I would like for each state to design their money with keeping in mind what the state is known for or what the state stands for. But since the state governments are in bed with federal government, I don't think I will ever see this happening. But if it were to, then would states at least be able to stand on their own if and when they see it nessecary. I'd also then via state like to see 3 dollar bills, 500 dollar bills, 1000 dollar bills, and 10,000 dollar bills, and 1,000,000 dollar bills brought forth in that way. Sweet! I mean, certain of us don't like banks, so we definitly need those big bills. The 3 dollar bill would just be to be seperate from the federal's 1 dollar bill, 2 dollar bill, and 5 dollar bill.

Does anyone think there is anything wrong with each state also having their own currency to co-exist with the federal currency?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I don't think it would work for the simple fact it didn't work when they tried it in the begining. Currency flucutations due o individual states ecconomies would make some state currencys prefurable to others and cripple other states. California with the countries largest ecconomy would have money worth much more than say Alabamas. Then again the crap whole next to Alabama has a much worse ecconomy so people on the border would only want Alabama money and the values would have to be changed over. It would be like traveling through Europe before the euro.

If states were to need to stand on there own they would be able to quickly issue their own money and you could always sell off your U.S dollars. If they are worthless by that point then a state currency would also be

Don't get me wrong I hate a big fed as much or more than anyone on here but currency is something they should have the right to do.

As for the big bills I prefer 20's for money I want to keep out of the bank 100's would be the biggest I would keep because they want a bank note if you have a huge amount of cash and second off those big bills would be easier to trace. I'm sure the big bills would help some people but the could also aid inflation.

I do like that your thinking though and I love to meet another states rights person.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
A law of a new order I would like to see:

I would like to see each state of the United States, by law, have to make their own state legal tender of cash and coin. And I would like such entered exclusively into the particular issueing state's circulation. I would like for each state to design their money with keeping in mind what the state is known for or what the state stands for. But since the state governments are in bed with federal government, I don't think I will ever see this happening. But if it were to, then would states at least be able to stand on their own if and when they see it nessecary. I'd also then via state like to see 3 dollar bills, 500 dollar bills, 1000 dollar bills, and 10,000 dollar bills, and 1,000,000 dollar bills brought forth in that way. Sweet! I mean, certain of us don't like banks, so we definitly need those big bills. The 3 dollar bill would just be to be seperate from the federal's 1 dollar bill, 2 dollar bill, and 5 dollar bill.

Does anyone think there is anything wrong with each state also having their own currency to co-exist with the federal currency?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Tormentations]

first of all you need to realize that if each state had its own tender that when someone would travel to another state that it would mean that they had to go to a bank to get the exchange on it #2 that it would make free enterprise and personal business harder to manage it would be much easier to do it by region most people stay in a region than they do a state if each state had its own currency it would also mean more complex taxes and it would also mean a weakening of the central government united we stand and divided we fall would make this easier to understand. it would also mean more minting of currency and trade although this might create more jobs it would weaken the united states too much that the country would collapse and fall even quicker, it would be more efficent just to print less dollar bills, encourage localism to help local businesses which are in your state instead of these big box stores which are in multiple states to avoid these national laws on how a business can be run, this basically means that a state would make its own laws on the businesses in the state, which makes a state independent from the nation while still being part of the country. think aboiut it like this the states are the backbone with the central government being the skin making sure that the states are covered and doing there jobs and free from infections or other words corrupt laws that may injure the way the state functions.

join