It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 questions from a global warming fanatic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was just visiting with friends in Kentucky one was married to a Frenchman who was very obsessed with global warming.I told him I didn't believe in it,at least not that it was man made and we discussed it maturely without incident and he actually raised a couple of questions I did not have the answers to but would like to.

The first question is a tough one;
What purpose does the oil serve?I think he meant what purpose does it serve for the earth itself not mankind.

Question 2;
What effects does the void left when the oil is extracted have on the earth?

I know there are theory's surrounding metropolitan area's sinking because of lack of ground moisture and the earth being less dense so wouldn't removing billions and billions of barrels of oil from the ground have some effect?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this
G/I

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oil doesn't serve any purpose. It is a remnant of a long past geological age where massive amounts of algae & plants grew, and did not decay.

The consequence is that a large amount of carbon was taken out of the atmosphere nearly permanently (until homo sapiens) and resulted in a more pleasant climate.

As far as the 'voids', oil is in spaces inside rocks (e.g. between sand) Usually when taken out it is replaced with water, but there can be subsidience in places due to oil extraction.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Oil is the remnant of a time when we were so technologically un-advanced that we needed to base our economies and wealth on what we could pull out of the ground and use as energy..

While Im not a big advocate of Manmade Global Warming, I am constantly wishing that the renewable infrastructure would hurry up and become the majority across the west so we can move on from our environmentally destructive past/present and embrace an age where we can easily create our own energy cheaply and move forward as a race.

The effects of removing oil? Realistically, how much oil is 100 billion barrels in relation to the size of the earth? A miniscule amount.. But in fairness, I don't know anything about this so maybe you could research it.

[edit on 4/4/10 by Dermo]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Provocative questions from Europeans, if you haven't visited I highly recommend traveling there on a tight budget (like a local). And I haven't a clue about the answers to those questions - but I find it intensely interesting why those particular questions? Some kind of deep-geologic global warming phenomena? The differences in our thought processes is shockingly different among cultures to which you are exposed.

gj

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Not necessarily many people believe the abiotic theory, which holds that oil is generated by natural processes in the earth's magma www.questionsquestions.net... Also removing the oil may lead to earthquakes. They have begun pumping in salt water now as they remove the oil.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My thought. global warming, and the taxing of buisness to control of. I believe it is a scam to get more money out of buisness and we the people. We are heading into the era of more activities. hot, sun activities, our o-zone is affected, mayan calender of position of the earth. we are just heating up. it is the cycle. our govt is making money on ignorance. we will soon cool down in the next 50 years. the polar ice caps will recover. all it is is just a cycle the earth is going thru. THE BIG SCAM, lets take a little more from them dumb poor souls. Everyone sees one sided, and takes no look at the other end of the conversation or the other opinion. Lets get facts, all facts , not truth and lies. Lets wakes up and hear the other persons oppinions and think logically for the answers. im sure the answers are all there. PEACE.

new topics

top topics

join