It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa Risks Civil War after the Killing of White Supremacist Leader Eugene Terreblanche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Could South Africa slip into open civil war after the killing of white supremacist leader Eugene Terreblanche by two black workers , could South Africa end up like Zimbabwe for the white minority of farmers ? of course all these events come just two months before the soccer world cup which will start in June in South Africa a major event that South Africa entends to use to give the world a new image of post apartheid South Africa ....time will tell

economycollapse.blogspot.com...

South African white supremacist leader Eugene Terreblanche has been killed on his farm in the country's north-west.

Mr Terreblanche, 69, was beaten to death by two farm workers after a dispute over unpaid wages, police say. Two people have been charged.

President Jacob Zuma has appealed for calm, saying the killing should not incite racial hatred.

Mr Terreblanche, who campaigned for a separate white homeland, came to prominence in the early 1980s.
He became the champion of a tiny minority determined to stop the process that was bringing apartheid to an end.

"Mr Terreblanche's body was found on the bed with facial and head injuries," said Natal Police Capt Adele Myburgh.

"There was a panga [broad-blade knife] on him and knobkerrie [wooden club] next to the bed."

Capt Myburgh said Mr Terreblanche had been killed at his home outside the town of Ventersdorp, North West province, after a payment dispute with two workers, aged 21 and 15, who have been arrested and charged with his murder.

Mr Zuma condemned the killing as a "terrible deed".

"The president appeals for calm... and asks South Africans not to allow agent provocateurs to take advantage of this situation by inciting or fuelling racial hatred," his office said in a statement reported by South Africa's SAPA news agency.

"The murder of Terreblanche must be condemned, irrespective of how his killers think they may have been justified. They had no right to take his life.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh jesus I hope my friend in Sotuh Africa is okay I'll be praying for her

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The media may be trying to inflame things just in time for the World Cup, but do not worry.

The peoples of South Africa will not let ANYTHING ruin this big game. They have this as their main focus right now.

And I bet that most of white South Africans are not racists anyways. They probably are not inclined to act out over it.

Watch, South Africa will prove they are not headless chickens.

The Cup will be great! Can't wait till it gets started!

join