It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad to announce a new nuclear achievement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad to announce a new nuclear achievement

beforeitsnews.com

16:37 Report: Ahmadinejad to announce a `new nuclear achievement` on April 9 (Ch. 10)

10:38 Report: Chinese official says attack on Iran would be `disaster for region` (Israel Radio)

01:45 Report: Iran used China connection to acquire equipment for nuclear program (Reuters)

The latest reports from the middle east news sources indicate that there will be another announcement of nuclear achievement from Iran's leaders. The last time there was a major announcement was on Feb. 11th, 2010, when Iran's supreme leader and Ahmadinejad, both announced that Iran had become a nucl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well now, getting pretty tense over there dont ya think? you got to admire Iran's defiance ill give em that. never forget that america, is the agrresive empire, we have troops in over 100 countries... anyways, like that article says, in the face of certain new sanctions, possibly the last, Iran is to announce a new nuclear achievement... any speculation as to what that could be?

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it would be a new toilet system.

--

Articles like this just show off scare tactics either sent from the area or from the news source(to gain readers).

Either way, I doubt a real invasion or nuclear attack is imminent unless done by some sort of false flag group as attacks on this country should be quite hard to pull off with all the defenses we and our allies have.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My opinion

I'm kinda split on this one

yes Iran could make nuclear weapons, be big trouble etc

But nuclear power would make the people healthier as there would be no need to coal or oil plants, give them employment etc. as long as the plant was actually up to snuff.

It's too bad that Iran wouldn't let a country like Canada or any other country with expertise in nuclear energy take over. (Not the USA, USA nuclear plants are old fashioned) (not that Iran would do that anyway).

I'm no world leader so none of this holds any weight at all.

this is just my opinion

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This has got to be something that will end up as another step to a false flag. I await the specific announcement.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the source of this, to be honest...

Forgetting that, I would imagine it would be an announcement about an increase in the % of enriched material Iran is able to produce...Or it may be about the reactor the Russians are commissioning for them...

I'm praying its Iran confirming it has several nuclear warheads..But if its either of the above events, its a bit of a ho hum event...Neither of those are significant in light of what Iran already has already achieved...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Chavez, Ahmadenijad, and little Kim are not really into de-escalation are they? Conflict and provocation are almost a way of life for them, just like Castro, Mao, Krushchev and Stalin before them.

One of these days this eternal game of international brinksmanship is going to blow up in our collective faces, literally.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Chavez, Ahmadenijad, and little Kim are not really into de-escalation are they? Conflict and provocation are almost a way of life for them, just like Castro, Mao, Krushchev and Stalin before them.

One of these days this eternal game of international brinksmanship is going to blow up in our collective faces, literally.

How can you compare Chavez and Ahmadenijad to Kim, Stalin or Mao?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

It will be most likely related to medical isotopes that Iran needed for which they increased the processing of Uranium upto 20%. That's just my guess.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

It will be most likely related to medical isotopes that Iran needed for which they increased the processing of Uranium upto 20%. That's just my guess.

Yeah, that thought came to mind, another would probably be a higher percentage of enrichment. They may now be able to make a bigger boom.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Because the US/the West has never done anything of the kind to promote aggression or imperialist policies. You just don't see the States invading nations for oil or backing cruel regimes (remember Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war where we sold him biological weapons that he used against the defencless Kurds?). Seriously, there is no high horse and no one has moral authority anymore.
Sorry to go off topic but ignorant posts should be addressed.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

Iran's "allies around the globe" would retaliate against any strike by the United States, an influential cleric said Friday ahead of a speech by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the progress of Iran's nuclear project

Iran set to unveil 3rd generation centrifuges today. Said to be 10 times as powerful as first generation.
twitter.com...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its been known for long that this Friday is aniversary for Iranian nuclear works and they have given information to public every year this same day...

So more important is to ask why USA/UN keeps their talks about Iranian sanctions in very same day?

Coincidense? Yeah, right!

They knew Iran can be shown today as aggressor - and UN as negotiator of world peace. I see that this is just a media trick.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Iran unveils new uranium centrifuges

Iran unveiled a third generation of domestically built centrifuges Friday as the country pushes ahead with plans to accelerate a uranium enrichment program that has alarmed world powers fearful of the nuclear program's aims.

The new machines are capable of much faster enrichment than those now being used in Iran's nuclear facilities, and Iranian officials praised it as a step toward greater self-sufficiency in the face of international sanctions targeted at choking off the nuclear work.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Because the US/the West has never done anything of the kind to promote aggression or imperialist policies. You just don't see the States invading nations for oil or backing cruel regimes (remember Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war where we sold him biological weapons that he used against the defencless Kurds?). Seriously, there is no high horse and no one has moral authority anymore.

A breathtakingly stupid response, until I noticed you were from the UK.

I seem to recall that "the States" also did a little invading back in 1944, I don't recall it being for oil, or wealth of any kind, but I do recall us liberating Europe in the process, and feeding you people for the 4 years prior to that, mostly on credit, so much for our greed huh.

I have visited the US military graveyards in that faded and violent little island of yours, and it seems our investment is still there, buried 6 feet deep - while you, of all people, accuse us of being aggressors and seeking wealth through conquest.

You sicken me with your ignorance and bias.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'm just curious...

What will your stance be when they come out and state they have the "Bomb" It seems to me that many here support Iran's defiance of the west. Which is a good thing to a certain point, but at what point does it become a case of simple denial of their intentions?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And in the lead up to ww2 people where equally not willing to pay the price of peace or war, which is what I feel is the current trend..

Personally I do see some parallels, in fact far to many.. tho I am not naming any specific nation/s as aggressor/s as I feel the current situation seems to suit the agenda of all sides.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
(remember Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war where we sold him biological weapons that he used against the defencless Kurds?). Seriously, there is no high horse and no one has moral authority anymore.

IGNORANCE?

I'm glad you got Starred for the "Biological" trump card. Bio weapons were never used. Try chemical. DOH!
Yes...

Let's not forget who ALL sold him those "CHEMICALS" for those weapons.
Let''s take a stroll down real memory lane.

Source!
US, China, Britain, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Spain

[edit on 9-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm just curious...

What will your stance be when they come out and state they have the "Bomb" It seems to me that many here support Iran's defiance of the west. Which is a good thing to a certain point, but at what point does it become a case of simple denial of their intentions?[edit on 9-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

Ofcourse, I do believe Iran should have a nuclear weapon which will balance the M.E region. Either the region should be completely nuclear free which is not possible any longer thus the only alternative left is MAD. In comparison between both, I trust Iran more than Israel any given day.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ofcourse, I do believe Iran should have a nuclear weapon which will balance the M.E region. Either the region should be completely nuclear free which is not possible any longer thus the only alternative left is MAD. In comparison between both, I trust Iran more than Israel any given day.

Yes...

great point.

But Israel contrary to POP culture and ATS View has not moved outside of their strip. Iran has a long history. "Persian" I'm not saying they would BUT the Mullahs need to cool off their rhetoric!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join