It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The image of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here's an image of Jesus taken from a 1617 copy by P. Strozzi of what is known as "Veronica's Veil," the original of which is still kept in the Vatican.

St. Veronica story in the Apocryphal "Acts of Pilate" is one of the Catholic "Stations of the Cross"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/d05dfabdfb7e1d35.jpg[/atsimg]

I've cleaned this one up a bit with Photoshop to bring out more detail. It's still in better shape than the supposedly 2,000 year old original, which is just a moldly blob at this point.

It's kind of reminiscent of the Shroud of Turin, but it curiously doesn't have a full beard. However, many of the most early representations of Jesus show him without a beard. I suppose it's assumed that Jesus, being a Jew, would have a full beard, but he was a different kind of Jew, after all.

Just a curiosity.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

i would not be surprised if the image you posted could come up in the alien and ufo forum as an ancient rock drawing of an alien

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The shroud will be on display very soon again and can (unofficialy) be watched with 3d glasses to see more detail on the wounds for example.

I can just imagine the hype...

"Buy our 3D glasses - So good you can see Jesus!"

But since when do we require 3D glasses to analyze and observe things that are inherently 3D (ie real objects)?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I once saw a newspaper article about a guy who burned his bacon one morning. He claimed that the burned bacon in the pan looked like Jesus. That's an interesting way for someone Jewish to reveal themselves - in a burned pig product.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join