It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can hear SMS Incoming and Outgoing sounds on my PC Speakers, anyone else hear it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My speakers pick it up also if the phones are close to the speakers. I moved my phone about 6' away and the speakers don't pick it up. I read an article about the phantom vibrations, which i feel also, in the Roanoke Times but can't find it now. I think it was an AP story so its out there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

March 3, 2010 5:55:?? PM

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

Come on people, this is serious!

I had exactly the same problem - almost killed me.

But then I found an amazing cure. Just send $29.95 to McKyle Pharmaceuticals (erm, no relation), and I'll, sorry they, will send you the cure.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Several years ago, I had a Samsung cell phone and it did the exact same thing. Haven't had that issue since I changed phones. I'm not sure what causes it, but it is a real "phenomenon".

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I did have a chuckle when i read the title because i thought this was common knowledge. Happens with all mobile phones when they are by speakers doesn't it ? However a friend of mine said a while back that when you hear that niose happening and you haven't sent a text or are not receiving one then it is some other source that is searching your location or frequency whatever... Just thought I'd mention that.

Also about the leg twitching, I know a few people who experience that, myself included. It is like a leg spasm in the exact place that your phone would be, yet your phone isn't there. Not sure what that is maybe just where you leg naturally spasms and the placing is coincidental. Or it could be from having you phone there all the time. Anyway really wouldn't stress any more about the noises they are common.

edit to say : Yeah as above poster mentioned just search phantom phone vibrations.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by eyesdown]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have the same thing going on. I have a Samsung, but it even happened with my Pantec.

It will make noise through my pc speakers and my surround sound in the living room.

Sometimes it will knock my surround sound out completely.

Nothing to worry about though, IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time. My Blackberry will vibrate a little on my hip I will look at it and nothing there, no message. When it sits next to my alarm clock I hear a clik-click-click sound a few seconds before I recieve a message or phone call.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Yes, I know how to read military time, I also like every other human see repeating numbers, I don't look into any significance with it, i just found it odd.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Headache from cell phone you dont say... you know theres a ridiculous amount of radiation emanating off them... also magnets in there... thats why they say they're not healthy for you ya know...

I think youm mean there is a rediculously SMALL amount of radiation coming off a mobile phone. Plenty of other devices around the home emit far more powerful EM fields and have done for years, yet nobody complains about them, do they?

As for the speaker sounds, its common knowledge, surely? A speaker is a magnet that responds to electrical impulses in order to move a cone and produce sound. EM waves moving over an conductive surface (such as a speaker wire or the magnet itself) will induce a current, hence the sounds heard from the speaker.

As for the supposed health concerns noted, probably unrelated or your a hypocondriac. Worth having them checked out, but they won't be anything to do with your phone.

The more you associate a sympton with something, or the more you worry about, chances are it will become more "obvious" and you'll make a symptom worse than it really is. I used to be a hypo myself when I was younger. I convinced myself I was having a heart attack on at least 2 occasions and went to hospital..

Nothing wrong with me at all, yet I "felt" the pain and my heart was going spastic, mainly from the self-induced panic attack.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Don't worry. Everything you said makes perfect sense, and it's not kooky.
(Although the comments here are cracking me up, but unless they experienced it themselves, I can't blame them
)

I have a samsung also (cause I'm cheap) but I have noticed the RF shielding is poor, or the transmitter is sending at full power most of the time. The funny tingles you get in your leg where you keep the phone is also normal, but the cell phone industry will never admit it. So relax, it's completely normal.

OK:
1) Sounds coming from the computer speakers.
Did you know you phone has a conversation with the cell tower every now and then? It goes like this:
Cell tower: This is tower "abc12345" to phone "xyz789". are you still near by and hearing me?
Phone: Yes I am here.
Cell Tower:OK, I'll continue to be the cell tower in contact with you then.

Cell tower:I also just got a software update for your operating system. Ready to download.?
Phone: Ready.
Cell tower: Here you go, and !!!BE SURE TO TURN YOURSELF OFF!!! after the update for a re-boot.
Phone: Transmission recieved and validated. Turning off now. Bye.

2) Batteries getting hot:
Your phone is trying to reach a cell tower but can't, so it's using all of it's battery power to YELL at full signal strength in case there is a cell tower far away. It will keep doing that until it reaches a tower, or the batteries drain.

3) Leg tingling:
Totally normal. I'm not kidding. Look - you have a high power radio transmitter you carry in your pocket and you think there won't be any nerve damage? Do you really believe the cell phone industry telling you that it is safe? C'mon dude. You're smarter then that, so wise up and stop deluding yourself. Just repeat this mantra so you can deal with it: Cell phones are powerful transmitters capable of doing nerve damage (When REALLY close to your body).

Solution? Don't wrap it in foil, cause your cell phone will YELL to find a nearby tower and drain your batteries again. Moving the phone just a couple of inches away from your body will reduce the signal strength HUNDREDS of times (called the inverse square law).

So you are not kooky, you just have a freak'n powerful transmitter. Totally explainable. And as far as the the Cell phone industry is concerned: don't believe the hype - yes they can and do cause nerve damage if in direct contact with your body. Good luck, and good health to you.

PS: People who put their cell phones in their shirt pocket directly over their heart are just asking for it. But you can't fix stupid.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

It makes sense man, thanks for this explanation!

Just throwing this crazy idea out there but what if the programmers of the hardware and or towers are setting the times up to sync the phones at certain times?
You would either conscientiously or sub-conscientiously take notice of your phone and or the times of the happenings. (I am not the only one!) Not a conspiracy, just a thought...

Ok here is where I get weird, Think about this for a second...

So my phone is about 3 feet from my leg on the coffee table, since it is a powerful transmitter and I can "feel" a sensation of tingles when the phone and the cell tower are communicating, and when the phone is sending and receiving texts. I can feel this about 2-3 seconds before the communications on the cell phone happen (I am assuming this because I can hear it in the speakers so I know its coming, as stated before). What if this "side-effect" is creating another "sense" of sorts. Maybe something where certain users of certain types of cellphones start noticing the same numbers all the time...

Or some kind of woodpecker noise, just to annoy us...that seems more plausible.

Yah yah, tinfoil hats wont save me now...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As stated by a number of posters, the pulses are normal regardless of what kind of cellphone you have and they do find their way into all sorts of electronic equipment near the phone. The cell tower periodically sends out a 'are you still there' type query and the phone answers with those relatively powerful pulses. The same signal goes out immediately before an incoming call or sms and the phone responds if it hears the signal in order to say it's ready to receive. Think of it as wireless handshaking.

An example of how strong the signals are: I had a microwave oven leakage detector I built on the desk about 6" from my cellphone when this negotiation took place and the meter on the detector went full scale which surprised me because the detector is designed for the old 'S' band or around 2.4GHz which is way above cellphone frequencies. Also had an incident in a heavy industrial environment (very noisy) where a fellow stuck his head inside a control cabinet (to escape some of the noise) to make a call and the pulses actually tripped a very large machine - the pulses induced enough current in the wiring to operate the sensitive electrical protection. Keep in mind all the warnings you see about switching off cellphones around petrol pumps too.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have no doubt that you can read time in different formats, just like everyone else. My question to you was prompted by the comments on those two specific times "weird, huh?" and "no kidding" as if there's something special about repeating digits. What's so weird about them?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I read ATS a bunch, so I have read ton of threads on repeating numbers, well I do see them almost everyday, I work from Home and I am at my PC all the time while at work so i have access to a few clocks.

I do know what numerology is but I do not know what each numbers significance is. It is just fun to see repeating numbers, because I realize that its always some "other" time somewhere else...which makes my observations of time only relevant to me. Sure we see repeating numbers, "faces" in just about everything and other strange phenomenon thats not creepy but that make us go "Hmmmm, thats queer (odd)". I was just pointing out that times were repeating maybe to setup a history or correlation between a few of the days, if I keep recording this, will the pattern continue, who knows?

But that is not why I started this thread, I am more looking at the effects or side effects of this device which had me concerned. And Thank you guys for all the cell phone tips!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My speakers always go crazy when my phone receives SMS or MMS. It's pretty normal. Just keep your cellphone 3 meters away and shouldn't affect your PC's speakers.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
idk if anyone said this, cuz im too lazy as of right now to read the thread.
but its a 100% natural occurance, every cell phone ive ever had has made these noises when next to a pc speaker.
even if i dont get a message or call. it will just randomly start making noises.
it has to do with some kinda frequency interference.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Oh sure.
I noticed this a few years ago.
Whenever I'm close to almost any speakers (computer, stereo, etc.) they emit some weird sound, even if my phone is on silent.
I had gotten so used to it I just thought it happened to everyone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join