It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can hear SMS Incoming and Outgoing sounds on my PC Speakers, anyone else hear it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

I can hear SMS Text Message Incoming and Outgoing sounds on my PC Speakers, these are not the tones that are played by the phone when the text comes in, nor is it on vibrate setting when this happens. I also do not have the Alarms set to go off at all. This also can happen with some phone calls.
It sounds like a pulsing interference maybe 3 or 4 bursts at a time for 3 seconds.
It will happen always 2-3 seconds before I get the text or call.

I have a Samsung Phone and a 5 Piece surround sound system, its cranked about half way which is ample amount for anyone within the office to hear the "pulsing" sound emanating from the speakers.

It's not the sound that I am writing about so much as the other "odd" times and strange "bodily" happenings I have documented over the past month while working the night shift.

I have a Widget that has direct access to the timeservers and my cellphone is either GSM or Cell Tower, so the time is synced with the Navy Atomic Time.

Times recorded that were not calls or SMS Text Messages in which i could hear pulses or signals in my speakers:

March 3, 2010 11:23:58 AM
March 3, 2010 3:32:70 PM - My leg felt tingly where my cellphone sits in the pocket
March 3, 2010 5:55:?? PM

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I hate to break it to you, bud, but it seems that you're showing the early symptoms of polio and will probably get it in less than a week, now.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yeah i figured as much, you think I have what, about a month left?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My phone also does this and I can hear the exact same thing quite often, even when no calls are incoming. When i do get a call I also hear those sounds in my PC speakers just prior to the phone ringing. The difference with me is I haven't felt those radiation effects that you are describing, but I keep my phone a ways away from me when I am home.
When I am on ATS reading about all the crazy stuff happening in the world and my phone makes those sounds, it makes me a little nervous

Hearing about you getting headaches and other physical effects from your phone is really alarming.. If that happened to me I would go out and buy a good set of 2way handheld radios with 25 mile range and use that for family communications and toss out the cell phone. The radios don't radiate shorter wavelength EMR like cell phones, so would be a lot safer. And some people are hyper sensitive to certain frequencies like the microwave bands put out by cell phones.. What you describe worries me a lot.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Bro you are a tripper that is just the cell changing tower roaming, and the rest of your symptoms sound like you are very anxious about this and maybe having a paranoid anxiety attack?

look it up and c for yourself and good luck laters.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Freedom_is_Slavery]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Just throw that phone away, and look if you still have strange feelings. It sounds no very healthy to me, I know why I stil have no handy - and never will.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Take the Battery out of the Phone NOW! Throw it away as far as you can.. It's a new Samsung ATOMIC Battery. I've heard of these and they are new on the Market. I didn't think they were available except in China?

The main ingrediant is Plutonium mixed with a bit of Unobtanium.

Are you Glowing at night yet? If you are, I'm afraid it's too late.

Like the Toyota Scandal, Samsung are keeping this one under wraps for the moment but, I'm sure the news will break soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Never had anxiety, I am suspicious of these happenigns however. I am really really laid back, and I am not really paranoid, skeptical it more fitting.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
this is a conspiracy the likes of which i've never encountered....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
Take the Battery out of the Phone NOW! Throw it away as far as you can.. It's a new Samsung ATOMIC Battery. I've heard of these and they are new on the Market. I didn't think they were available except in China?

Like the Toyota Scandal, Samsung are keeping this one under wraps for the moment but, I'm sure the news will break soon.

Do you have a source? I'd like to read about it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sourdiesel

Do you have a source? I'd like to read about it.

www.product-reviews.net...

I would be keeping an eye on your fridge aswell.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interference between cell phones and computers, most notably displays is quite common with new GSM/HSPA phones.

It happens in my office all the time, somebody will have their cell phone on the desk and when they get a text or a call, the computer makes a noise a few seconds before hand or the screen flickers.

Your fine.

There is no such thing as an "atomic battery". It would be illegal to place such things in a cell phone battery considering they have Lithium Ion and Lithium Diode batteries which are far less dangerous and much more efficient.

Also considering it would promote GREAT bomb making material for terrorists, the FDA and FTC would never allow the product to reach American shores.

Your just a hypochondriac

China has less than stellar reviews when it comes to what kind of "quality" has to go into their products. Cell phone batteries explode all the time if damaged, worn or any other number of reasons.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/4/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
All these sarcastic are well deserved man...

Um yeah, you know, when theres wireless information has to travel SOME WAY? Im not an expert but wireless travels by waves. Its just interfering with your speakers. So it cause it to go kind of fuzzy for a second as it 'interrupts'. Ever driven through a tunnel? Radio waves cant penetrate... all has to do with waves and interference.

Headache from cell phone you dont say... you know theres a ridiculous amount of radiation emanating off them... also magnets in there... thats why they say they're not healthy for you ya know...

I think your only problem may be paranoid schizophrenia or schizotypal personality disorder... or even a type of hypochondriasis... you're really worried about something very normal...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am probably just over reacting to this, however the tingles on the right side of my leg is concerning. It doesn't hurt or anything serious it is just annoying.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Un obtain ium - he's making fun of you, tongue in cheek, of course.

My family and I hear these signals all the time. It is really annoying because the sound is loud, pulsing, and piercing, and can happen unexpectedly. It is loud even if the volume on the speakers is turned down low. When it happens in a quiet room and you are relaxing it can be quite irritating. My family has remarked on it more than once. It happens on my PC speakers, my iPod dock speakers, and my car stereo speakers.

It doesn't happen only before a phone call or sms comes in, it happens when the phone communicates with the tower, seemingly at random. It always happens when I re-connect to the network after a recharge if I have let the battery run completely out. It is not consistent, though, and sometimes it goes days without happening at all.

I am with AT&T wireless and my phone is a Treo Palm.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
sometimes technology annoys me too. I usually go to the techies, as opposed to a bunch of conspiracy theorists...

but im SURE The PTB is probably behind your speaker interference and sleeping leg

try moving it around and kicking a tabel ,that should gett'r goin

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sourdiesel
I am probably just over reacting to this, however the tingles on the right side of my leg is concerning. It doesn't hurt or anything serious it is just annoying.

Dont worry man its very normal too.

When people have the same ring tone as me sometimes I answer my phone even when I know its on vibrate.

And for a short period of time I would feel my leg vibrating when I didnt have my phone on me. I decided then I needed to put it on ring sometimes. 3 years of vibration has a psychological effect... sometimes you just get so used to something, you EXPECT it to happen, and if it is so inherent in your mind, you might erceive that you 'feel' it.

The feeling is only perception though. Remember feeling is nervous impulse.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The leg tingleing is very common, i even get it, even at times when my phone is not in my useual poket.
Its called by some "phantom vibrating syndrome", theres even a facebook group about it,lol.

But for something a little more informative for you, heres an article on the matter...Phantom Vibrations

As for the beeps and noises, same as what the majority have said on here, nothing more than your mobile signals gettin picked up by other equiptment. Very anoying occurence in a recording studio i have to say.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Same thing happens with me and my speakers. I have boost mobile service with an i776 and not only do I get a pulsing sound on my speakers at home (5.1 surround sound), but also it interferes with my tv, headphones, and normal computer speakers. I've even heard the sound come through the speakers on my laptop if my phone was really close. The weirdest thing though, is that I broke out the old VCR a few months ago to watch some mob movies and I had horrible interference on it. Like take the sound you get from your speakers and times it by tv, it was so bad I just left my phone off with the battery out(which is what I usually do when I'm home anyway.) I've heard this noise at school as well, coming through the PA system speakers, which is weird because I was a good 6 to 7 feet away. Like I said I just leave my phone off with the battery out, screw those signals messing with my brain.

As for the tingling, I use to get that pretty often, but ever since I started leaving my phone off, it has completely stopped. I actually don't remember the last time it happened to me, so I'd guess it's been 6 to 7 months, perhaps longer. I hate cell phones, but they are a necessary evil in this day and age. I only use it if I'm going out, and I only text with it. If I do talk, it's quick 1 minute or 2 minute calls.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by RadarMan]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
tick, tick, tick tick tick... buzz tick, tick tick tick
Sounds like you're on Boost / Nextel / Sprint PTT.

Motorola iDen is notorious for interference like that.

AT&T, Cellular One, other TDMA providers in the B band cellular, even with 850 GSM EDGE, often installed Rx filters to keep the Nextel / iDen signal from interfering.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by abecedarian]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join