It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gable (Michigan Dogman) film finally proven hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've had my suspicions about this piece of footage for many years, but it is good to see that for once Monsterquest have done something right and found the proof of this hoax.

Original Gable Film

Hoax Proof

Another hoax put to rest.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Wow! I bet a few people are probably blushing over this one.
I got a neighbor from the area and he swears the beast is real. His theory being that it is a mutated wolf which was the result of toxic waste in the area. I don't really know but this film really created a stir.
one more good hoax for the history books.

CORRECTION: my friend's from Wisconsin and was talking about the beast of Bray road not the Michigan Dogman.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by R0BCROW75]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It was indeed a good hoax video. There even looked like a tail to the ghillie suit to give that timberwolf appearance. And the style of the filming was fairly accurate to a home movie shoot. Or a low quality snow-doo commercial from the 70's.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Aw, so sad. The Gable film was some of the most interesting footage I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This should be mandatory for everyone on ATS as a lesson in healthy skepticism, just because something looks cool doesnt mean its real...

Damn, I bet we'll see some of those techniques in the future too... people dont seem to realise how incredibly easy it is to hoax something

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I still personally don't put any credit in MonsterQuest at all. Because it's a show and it wants to make money.

That's sort of the same reason I called the video a hoax a long while back- because they were marketing it. I don't know if MonsterQuest itself "proves" anything but I know that for awhile I, and other cryptozoology freaks, have sort of had their big doubts.

I highly recommend this thread, especially pages 5+:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think that MonsterQuest has any ability to deduce things that we don't have. That's all.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

This has been noted at the end of some of the Gable Film/Michigan Dogman threads but needed a thread all to itself.

When I first saw the film on Monster Quest, I thought the creature looked too much like a man walking on all fours. I also did not notice any canine features on it either. Still, it looked interesting even though the story of how it got into the lap of the DJ should of raised many red flags for me.

Star and Flagged this thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well this just broke my heart. I'm all for finding out the truth and am glad that something that was indeed not true, did come to light that it was a hoax but man am I disappointed.

This video gave me chills the first time I saw it. The way the animal took off and jumped looked so real to me. It literally made me say, "eeww, dont do that!" at the screen when I saw it take off. I'm shocked that was a man covered in a mossy suit, it looked so natural!

So another case closed, now I gotta go tell all my friends that this isn't real. In my opinion, it sets the bar high for fake looking monsters though. darnit......

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wow! I could have sworn it was authentic! I was one of the avid posters in the Gable Film thread, can't believe it was a hoax=D

How come I haven't seen or heard anything about the "sequel" with the dead body? Strange... I didn't even know there was a sequel haha=)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've never been convinced by the movie, but I've always found it rather cool.
Anyway,
michigan-dogman.com...
The guy explains how little did MQ do in factual debunking of the hoax.
(I kind of like the part, when he tries to disprove the film and people try to convinve him his wrong)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah out of all the videos I was convinced that one was authentic.. even if it was just a bear!!! I am pretty taken aback on how that guy pulled that off. What a shame, it was one of the more interesting subjects ever to be on ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The film also gave me chills. There is something about it that screams that it is real. I personally do-not-care what Monsterquest claims. Certain points proposed simply do not add up. I do not see a ghillies suit despite what they claim.

I'd like to see a reenactment. I am not sold that somebody could have gone on all fours and had the explosive athleticism the creature appears to have, especially in the hind quarters when it seems to change direction in mid-air.

I do not believe anything has been "proven".

What if the film was discovered....but not as shown or depicted. What if the beast proper was the only clip...and the wood chopping, the dog, the truck and the ridiculous muzzle/teeth at the end were added into it to buoy the notion it was fake? Trow in somebody who claims to have filmed it. Case closed. Single shooter...perfect shot. End of story.

Sorry. I see what appears to be some sort of shape-shifter becoming aware of the person filming it and suddenly charging...while sort of morphing as it charges. Everything else fails to captivate me or hold my curiosity. Nothing else gives me cause to wonder. And perhaps it is plausible that something was filmed and the rest was carefully edited in to make us dismiss it.

I go with my own senses and intuition. I don't simply fall in line when explanations are handed out and they don't meet my reasoning, senses and intuition - even if it is the television that is telling me so.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffTannen
I'd like to see a reenactment. I am not sold that somebody could have gone on all fours and had the explosive athleticism the creature appears to have, especially in the hind quarters when it seems to change direction in mid-air.

The filmmaker runs on all fours in the video posted, and it looks just like it does in the Gable film. He most certainly practiced it as it looks really convincing, but it's right there, clear as day. It doesn't look like a ghillie suit because the old camera can't make out the details that a newer camera can pick up.

Basically, the Gable video was meant to fool your senses and intuition, which is why it was so believable and popular. That kind of trickery is what people who create hoaxes are relying on. Clearly, if you don't believe this explanation, you won't believe any explanation at all. The exposing of a hoax doesn't get much clearer than this.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminallyOdd

originally posted by: BiffTannen

The filmmaker runs on all fours in the video posted, and it looks just like it does in the Gable film. He most certainly practiced it as it looks really convincing, but it's right there, clear as day. It doesn't look like a ghillie suit because the old camera can't make out the details that a newer camera can pick up.

Basically, the Gable video was meant to fool your senses and intuition, which is why it was so believable and popular. That kind of trickery is what people who create hoaxes are relying on. Clearly, if you don't believe this explanation, you won't believe any explanation at all. The exposing of a hoax doesn't get much clearer than this.

At first i believed o nthe movie, but after reminding myself of the people's description of the beast and how it looked on the movie, i didn't believed the movie was real, it didn't matched a werewolf/dogman. Also, no news or bolletin on missing persons who may have been atacked by a mysterious creatures just on a region where there have being werewolf sightings?

If someone was brutally kiled by a mysterious creature on a region where there's been having reports on werewolfs, people would certantly could after it. It would become mass news everywhere.

top topics

join