It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't There A Rating System...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
...for signatures? And make that one that refreshes to a zero star each time the member changes their signature?

Matter of fact, why not make a rating system for signatures be half moon based instead of star based? Bright half moons is the way to go for members' signatures. Anyone else think this is a cool idea? Pitch this to whom all it may concern.

A rating system in our signature area allows for nice gestures to be made to someone whose signature maybe moves someone.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Wow dude, I actually can say I understand and don't disagree with what you have written.

You are in Michigan, right? Are you watching the Spartans vs. Butler?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
the results of such a rating system may not be that that you anticipate
your ego could end up bruised

I would only go for a rating system if there was a negative potential equal to the postitive

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
A rating system in our signature area allows for nice gestures to be made to someone whose signature maybe moves someone.

You can also just u2u someone to tell them their signature moved you. I have to admit that I'm terrible about doing that kind of thing (I also never u2u someone to tell them that I thought a post or thread they wrote was particularly interesting, or that I love their avatar, etc) but it is a good way to give that person recognition.

I think honestly that adding a layer of ratings for signatures would be problematic. For one, I can imagine (though I don't know) that it would add a fair bit of server strain and programming headaches. Also, people use their signatures in many different ways that I think are not necessarily comparable -- to link to favorite threads, showcase favorite quotes, display graphics, even link to outside sites (I think you're supposed to get permission for that one though).

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Please add your ideas to the existing ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join