It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the world!FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!No wait nevermind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Why does everyone think that the world is gonna end and soon? I mean come on every single generation has thought that they are the last.
I understand the problems we face but seriously. I mean cosmologically we have been around for the blink of an eye.
I do know the Mayan, the Hopi, and all the other groups but we just need to calm down. I'm not saying that they are all wrong. I'm just saying that lets try to think of it from a more logical point of view.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Simply because man craves destruction and chaos.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

You are misunderstanding prophecy if you think the world will end. It won't. It will go on. Now the world as we know it is about to change. There are two types of people. Self-Oriented people and Whole-Oriented people. Which of the two are you? Only one type will survive and it's not the type that has been around since the dawn of time. It is time for a new earth, and that means the rules have to change.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't think the world will end some point. I think the world will preserve everlastingly and be set on everlasting fire. So the world will not end just the kind of days people have been used to will end. Only the chosen will be set outside of such a time beforehand.

Just my wise 4 cent.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The world did end yesterday.

This is just what the afterlife is like.

Come on, you didn't realize this yourself?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
World's not going to end but check this out:

the-rabbits-hole.com...

It'll take about 6 hours to go through the whole thing. Nothing saying that "LUCUS" is right but he sure has put forward a good argument.

Jason

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well I think it goes to Mans unability to remember information from, let us say a thread here on ATS to the next thread pointing to the same thing.

Must be fun, reading the same information over and over and get the feeling of it being brand new information.

Like, all the planets in our solar system is warming and changing, hmm,OH Shait intresting...

next thread is about Pluto warming and turning red, Omg , this is new information. Hard to connect these dots...

And the next thread is about Jupiter getting hit by some thing Huge, impact site grows to a x3 size of the Earth, WOW, I see no connection here..

And, let us pretend, just 6 days later, there is a thread on ATS, hmm, okey, we pretend that is about Saturn's ring getting plowed with a huge object making a huge hole in saturn rings... See , nothing here is related, all diffrent stories...

And then couple of more days, news about Venus having some unexpected surprising changes is like a total surprise and every one have forgotten about the two other planets getting hit by huge objects just Days before ...

just to point out some total fiction scenario ofcourse ...(this did not happend last fall..
)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

cosmologically we have been around for the blink of an eye

Indeed, a blink, however there are a lot of dastardly "things" floating around in space. Not just asteroids and comets, but a whole slue of things that can take us out. As far as I am aware, most scientists agree that a cataclysmic Earth event is not an "if factor", but a "when factor". We've just been lucky in this little "blink" of our existence.

Granted, it may be 2 or even 100,000's of years before another event will occur, but it will occur according to scientists (I would source this but I am pretty sure this is common knowledge), the odds are stacked in the Universe's favor. We are in a shooting gallery of a plethora of events that take place in the Universe, and that's just speaking of the known dangers that Science is currently aware of. This isn't even including the vast amounts of major, Earth changing, natural disasters that haven't occurred in this "blink" that we have managed to evolve to presently.

To quote the movie "Armageddon" - "Well, our object collision budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky." That quote speaks volumes in my opinion!

[edit on 4/3/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
I mean come on every single generation has thought that they are the last.

and one of them is going to be right, eventually!!

[edit on 3/4/10 by pieman]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Question : We are told the Dinosaurs were killed 65 million years ago, right ?
I bet you hear it ever so now and then that it is wrong, can you imagine one good reason why that needs to be lied about ? ?

I for one is past those lies, the lies in our history are made up for one reason, and that is for the ones in the shadows to be able to hide them selfs from us ...They make History so that we think there is nothing more to it, and we just keep on walking..

The end of the World scenario is well documented from all parts of the world, the 'thing' is that we are lead to belive it is only one Darg Ages, when there is 4 past dark ages, the 'Worlds' you keep hearing about, right, the 1st World etc... The thing is , what I believe, is that the Extinction events here on Earth are only some thousands of years apart, not Millions of years, which is why it Aint on CNN if you get my drift....

[edit on 3/4/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Yes but the real question is "Which generation is right?"

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

My bet that if some major thing that will destroy us comes.... that it will be a comet. I mean they are the ones we really have to worry about!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Personally I think it's a psychological thing in the collective human subconscious; a way for the individual to look outside his or her own problems to seek one that diminishes them - i.e., the destruction of the Earth or the end-times. Kinda makes massive bills, potential unemployment, uncertainty in everthing from politics to religion seem kind of trivial, doesn't it? Anyway, my theory alone so I'm not trying to vouch for anyone else. Just seems to make sense, from now all the way back through the founding of civilization itself.

I realize that could use some more in-depth explanation, but Butler just tipped off against MSU... peace!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I knew there was something wrong when I was eating french toast! It's just obvious that it was the afterlife because I never eat french toast at my house!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I think that "the end of the world is near" idea is something that we are born with. Just so we can keep thinking for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Well I think it goes to Mans unability to remember information from, let us say a thread here on ATS to the next thread pointing to the same thing.

Must be fun, reading the same information over and over and get the feeling of it being brand new information.

Like, all the planets in our solar system is warming and changing, hmm,OH Shait intresting...

next thread is about Pluto warming and turning red, Omg , this is new information. Hard to connect these dots...

And the next thread is about Jupiter getting hit by some thing Huge, impact site grows to a x3 size of the Earth, WOW, I see no connection here..

And, let us pretend, just 6 days later, there is a thread on ATS, hmm, okey, we pretend that is about Saturn's ring getting plowed with a huge object making a huge hole in saturn rings... See , nothing here is related, all diffrent stories...

And then couple of more days, news about Venus having some unexpected surprising changes is like a total surprise and every one have forgotten about the two other planets getting hit by huge objects just Days before ...

just to point out some total fiction scenario ofcourse ...(this did not happend last fall..
)

I would love to see this laid out in a thread with sources for each of the things you have talked about. I have heard of these events but dont remebmber the order and time between events.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The world isn't going to end.
The world is just going to change drastically.

Can't wait................won't be long.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

because everyone and every generation wants to be back with the creator...
or some cal it home sick

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BroketheWall]

new topics

top topics

join