It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Little Changes Make a Big Difference in Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.sott.net...

Quote from source:
Many people want to make a difference today but aren't sure how to go about it. The good news is: little changes can add up to big improvements and here are eight easy ways to make a big difference with just a little effort. In fact, if everyone were doing them, it would change the whole equation.

Stop buying GMO foods and ingredients.

Leading GMO researcher, Jeffery Smith tells us if only five percent of the population abandoned GMO foods it might be enough to encourage many food manufacturers to drop them as ingredients. Widespread avoidance is one way to put those who are genetically manipulating our food right out of business, while saving our health and natural foods for generations to come. (Confused about hidden GMOs? Check out the guide at the end...)

Become vegetarian and largely, or entirely, vegan.

Aside from the fact that humans aren't designed to digest animals and that most animals are improperly fed and drugged, farm animals are an enormous source of pollution. Raising farm animals produces more global emissions than all of the transportation worldwide. Rainforests are also regularly cleared for these animals headed for dinner plates.

Stop eating processed foods.

Processed foods create problems in the body, while nature's unprocessed foods are healthy and healing. If taste is stopping you from dropping processed foods, it's a sign that you need learn some more food preparation techniques. Healthy eating can be delicious.

Deeply detoxify your body.

When you are truly internally cleansed, disease is not common. When you are filthy inside, disease is the natural result. Unfortunately, you can see where most of the population stands on this.

As a bonus, as more of the population begins taking responsibility for their own internal cleanliness, it will end the funneling of billions of dollars to drug, chemotherapy, and radiation companies. It will also keep millions of profit dollars from being directed to government officials who, these days, are creating many pro-drug, anti-food, and anti-health laws.

Begin composting.

Composting returns nutrients to the earth and is an easy backyard project. On a larger scale, compost needs to be utilized by farmers and added to their soils. Healthy soils have far fewer pest problems, so composting easily decreases the "need" for pesticides and helps keep chemicals off our foods. Since a large portion of "trash" is compostable, composting also dramatically decreases what's sent to landfills.

Start a garden.

Having a few fruit trees, vegetable plants, and herbs growing in your yard brings you closer to your food supply. And with the entire neighborhood doing it, it's a great way to create community by sharing the results. It's also a much better use of water than growing grass.

A couple more on the original link but I do not want to make the quote too big.

I agree with everything on this article and this this is fantastic for people to read. The food we eat impacts our lives so much and the way our body functions, we need to be making smarter decisions regarding our body, and not only that your brain functions differently as well. I do not know about anyone else but I do not want my brain functioning on garbage.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Increase your pH level.

Many health issues are related to acidosis, cancer is one of them, the American diet is highly acidic, lowering the pH levels of the body. One of the ways the body tries to neutralize this acidity is by storing it in fat, hence the obesity epidemic in this country.

The is an excellent book, call The pH Diet.....I highly recommend it.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by SirPaulMuaddib]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more. Go Vegan/GMO free (this is almost impossible in the US due to the FDA/monsanto and the backing of the legal system), drink lots of filtered water, Zero drugs including fluoride, detox/fast regular. I did this and a 10year history of colds and skin problems gone in 2 weeks. I'm still staggered by the ignorance or self kidding that people still hide behind because they just can't be bothered to make themselves well. I was in London today and it would seem that every tourist from europe smokes! There is zero excuse these days not to follow at least half of the OP's suggestions.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How do you know if something is genetically modified? And how do you know if something is processed?

I have been trying to eat more healthier, but the main problem for me is I am still a student and don't have the money to go organic. I have yet to find any cheap and healthy foods and drinks that don't have a load of crap in them.

Besides natural spring water, the one drink I like that doesn't have all the crap in it is 3$ - so I can't buy too many of those.

I quit red meat, and the only meat I eat now is chicken and fish. Because of the lack of money though, I get the cheapest chicken I can find and just buy loads of tuna fish lol.

I eat hummus and pita bread a lot, but the bread isn't authentic pita bread...

Does anyone have any cheap healthy recommendations for me?

top topics

join