It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Crush Economy with Massive CO2 Taxes as Early as Next Week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Obama to Crush Economy with Massive CO2 Taxes as Early as Next Week

www.canadafreepress.com

Abandoning all loyalty to the democratic processes this nation holds dear, President Obama has made the decision that getting energy tax legislation through Congress with the approval of the American people is just too much of a pain to bother with. Instead he will have the EPA declare as early as next week that CO2 is a dangerous global warming gas and will start regulating its emissions immediately.

Obama’s promise to open up vast stretches of ocean on the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico to ene
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
weather if you believe in the Global warming Lie or not a carbon tax will destroy our economy. It will allow the Government to take over the remaining economy. They will have Total control. They will tax everything. nothing will be exempt. also it will destroy all private business. Only big business(IE fortune 500) will be able to afford this tax.

www.canadafreepress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
SO mr. president no new taxes hugh? effin liar* taxing emiisions isnt gunna help reduce them. Your the ones, who killed the electric car, in the late 90's, virtually emission free. this REEKS of scandal. and going over our heads, is another thing seeking approval. this is a good as i gets, as a dictator, in a capitlist system.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The new world order is clamping down really fast and really hard.

People keep on talking about the stick that will break the camel's back, maybe this will do it.

Just within the past few weeks

Job benefits-
Healthcare-
Demonization of opposition-
Destruction of grass roots movements-

And on top of that there has been much exposure the corrupt FED and the MSM clearly losing influence.

Funny that there was another Tiger Woods story today.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My god...........America has become a joke. Our government is OUT OF CONTROL! Carbon taxes? I thought this mess went away. Maybe they should go after the people and companies that are polluting our fresh water, overfishing our oceans, spilling garbage and toxins into the ocean, cutting down forests etc. Pathetic that such a great country has fallen so low.................

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Phase one complete, Phase 2 within days.

Total destruction of the US economy and conversion to complete government control within just 2 years.

Go back to sleep America.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
unless we fight back, we will fail and be overcome. our voices MUST be heard no matter the time or situation, and the president and senate MUST listen. wake up america, and make yuor voioces head, UNACCEPTABLE.
its hard for the senate and congress to have deaf ears when the majoity speak and show up in anger

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
By declaring that CO2 is a dangerous global warming gas this means that exhaling also should be taxed and regulated. Obama should be first since apparently he is one of our greatest polluters.

Also, they need to really address the dietary issues of those in government and especially congress. Methane is a dangerous pollutant as well, and our flatulent congress is producing this dangerous gas at record levels far above the average human populations.

Bottom line, don't exhale, don't fart... don't drive or use any electricity at all and these new executive orders will have no affect on you or the economy.

However, the white house administration and congress must be exempt from this... Of course.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Oh brother........our voices??????????? COME ON! They don't listen to our voices! Those times are over! It's time for mass rioting and violence!!!!!!!!!!! Blowing crap up,, setting stuff on fire, flipping over cars, breaking windows, graffiti, crap like that! It's time Americans GET ANGRY! These people who control our country don't care about our voices............you think they think twice about our stupid little Don't Tread On Me signs? They've been treading on us for 50+ years! The time for dialogue and voting is OVER!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Let me ask you a serious question. How is sensationalism treating you? Is it helping you get through the day? Does it give you something new to focus on, to hope for? Tell me the truth, because I am curious about such things.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I knew Obama was going to do these things long before he was elected. I imagined back then that he was going to try and dismantle America and rebuild in the specifications of Marx, Lenin, and Mao, and he has barely even got started... I do think that he can get his azz kicked in the next election though, and the courts and such could probably repeal all of his treasonous doings, maybe they will even try him for treason. He has alread commited treason, and so has most in congress. But I think they are so full of self pride and corruption that TPTB will go along with these scumbags, because the corruption of many shields the unexposed corruption of many others, and they like Obama because he helps to shield their own corruption and greed. They see the continuing of these things a great opportunity for personal enrichment. In the end these people will be devastated and obliterated

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why not keep pushing if nobody is going to push back.

...just my thought

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh, the insanity!!
How can these lunatics deem a gas humans exhale naturally to be a dangerous global warming gas. This is ridiculous and totally absurd. What's next? Are they going tax my sweat and urine also.

This current administration is out of control and all the so called "fear mongering" seems to be correct in regards to this dictatorship called Obama and the Democrats.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hate to be a spreader of rumor. But, there are those in the economic field talking that they may be going after the last money in the US. The retirement funds of people.

They have already shut down moving money out of the country. They had also talked about this maneuver earlier. Things are really coming to a head and people are talking about November. If there will be a November.

All is fair in love, war and the destruction of your country.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Uh, guys, that is another conspiracy link

In case you happened to look at it.

Sorry to burst yer bubbles, but I put as much stock in it as India Daily.

And I live in Canada 'eh?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Gee how did those 4 British Lads put in back in the 60's?
Something like "if you drive your car we'll tax the street, if you take a walk we'll tax your feet"

At least those were the days of progressive income tax, making the USA look like a tax haven with only a 70% max incremental rate at the time (as opposed to the 19:1 or 95% rate in England then).

It seems to me that policy kept the labor wages ratios throughout the management scale more in line with workers unlike what we see today.
Ultimately my point is "It's been going on a long long time - we're just feeling it more acutely lately - it's reached a pain threshold for the public."

gj

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

I didn't know we could use bloggers as sources for legitimate breaking news stories. Cool. This opens up a whole new field of possibilities.

Another headline for this story might have been:

OBAMA LENDS A HAND TO A HURTING PLANET - HELPS HUMANITY LIVE LONGER by CURBING CARBON EMISSIONS - OBAMA BOOSTS US ECONOMY WITH GREEN JOBS!

GO-BAMA!

We need to be the leaders in this new frontier.

Once a long time ago I heard your ancestors yet again arguing with science and the prevailing wisdom of the day...

"I don't care what you progressive idiots try to peddle on the public, the world most certainly is AS FLAT AS A PANCAKE!"

I just hope the history books will remember where you stood on this issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Phase one complete, Phase 2 within days.

Total destruction of the US economy and conversion to complete government control within just 2 years.

Go back to sleep America.

You are so right! My next thread will explore this.

1. GOP's first move was to elect like minded (pro-corp) members to the Supreme Court.

2. Create loopholes so richest corporations can skip out on paying taxes on the money made off us and AFTER WE PAID OUR TAXES ON IT.

3. Give corporations individual rights.
Now they are actively re-grouping and picking their candidate in the next Presidential.

4. Meanwhile they are working on the governors who will cooperate with this President as no other Governors have.

5. They will push through tort reform and de-regulate so business's can't be responsible for injury or deaths beyond a tiny 250G payoff.

Pollution? Hell, these businesses won't be held liable if their place of operation becomes a SUPERFUND site next year.

Can't wait till we are free from this nasty overwhelming "government"
(set up by and for the people so actually not so bad)

Can't wait until the GOP is in control and companies like Pfizer, Exxon and Halliburton are looking after my liberty and my freedom

...to do all the prescription drugs my insurance will pay for,
...suck up as much carbon dioxide as these companies can pump out
...and use up all the American oil reserves so eventually we do end up paying $4 a gallon for the only game in town. Fossil fuels.

Now there is an ambitious plan.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would be against this if I actually believed it to be true. Going to the site though and finally finding the article under a 'how many days till Obama is out of office' counter I noticed it is at a conspiracy site. One not too happy with Obama obviously.

If you even google Obama co2 tax, that link is the first one that pops up, and all related links talking about it are from that site. I'll hang around and see if anything truly comes from it because, like I said before I would be against it. But until then these sensationalized headlines are just feeding the fire with their outright half truths.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

How is Cass Sunstein doing these days by the way.

Do you actually know anything about this issue and the impact it will have on the average family.

Or do you just know and only care that it is an OBAMA issue?

You will pay an estimated additional 6,000.00 a year in taxes on your energy consumption if Cap and Trade is rammed through Congress.

Do you know many people with an extra 6,000.00 in their budget right now for essentials, like Gasoline, Natural Gas and Heating and Electricity?

Would you say that now is an ideal time considering our economic situation to place another 6,000.00 dollar burden on the average American?

Do you have any clue at all about the Carbon Emission Credits that are going to be traded, by buying on an International Exchange, run by the Banking Cartel, Carbon Emission Credits from under developed countries who have little industrial, mechanized output, to more developed countries that do.

So how will that actually reduce emissions? In reality it won’t.

What real initiatives does the government have to reduce emissions? In reality nothing but smoke and mirror subsidies to the existing energy companies, offering them big government money, at the taxpayer’s expense to promote some green energy at a cost of up to 24.00 per kilowatt hour, paid for by the government.

This has already existed for years by the way, and all the energy companies have done for the most part is create token programs rife with fraud, that many are being investigated for, for not producing anywhere near the amount of green energy that they are billing to the government for the subsidies.

So besides paying a commission to the International Banking Cartel to transfer more American Cash off shore to other countries, what does this bill do to actually reduce emissions?

NOTHING.

Issues are about the nuts and bolts, not the political cult of personality that introduces them.

People who can’t speak to the nuts and bolts of the issues, who want to play political cheerleader, should really just put on a skirt, and go try out for a football team, where they will be at least entertaining and harmless.

Ignorance is a very dangerous thing in this day and age.

People who can only determine the value of an issue by attaching a political personality name to it, truly are ignorant.

This Bill would suck and be detrimental to the American People if Mother Theresa, Gandhi, Paul McCartney or Adolf Hitler introduced it.

Abstract ideas don’t produce results, detailed sound logistical plans produce results, and there is nothing in the details in this plan that will reduce emissions, but only enrich the International Banking Cartel, transfer more American Wealth overseas, and continue to slow down the American Economy and create a new wave of joblessness and foreclosure.

Considering the sky is not falling, I wonder what the Government Shills who will end up paying this tax too will have to say when they are homeless and unemployed.

On a side note the 100,000 net job gain the government is claiming last month, comes from the 700,000 temporary census workers hired to conduct the census, who will produce no product, create no new wealth or permanent jobs, and will be paid out of the bankrupt treasury, of a runaway government, that had to take over the Health Care Industry and now Cap and Trade just to keep on the good side of the International Banking Cartel that funds its continued excesses.

Unless Obama or any other Political Cult Personality is going to pay your rent, and feed you, you might want to look at the nuts and bolts of an issue, the real logistics, beyond the abstract and meaningless ideas put into sales pitches for the ignorant, and stop deeming worth in ridiculous and bankrupting plans simply because a Political Personality Cult Name is attached to them.

<<   2 >>

join