It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler's Third Reich 'wonder weapons' finally put to the test.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OldDragger
reply to post by yellowcard

It would have been very quickly rendered useless by aircraft in WW2.
Top speed? not too quick I imagine!

The thing about the Rat is its large naval guns. With this in mind, I think the Germans were trying to advance their technology concerning mobile heavy artillery. They had giant cannons of similar size on railroads and were using them to decimate towns.

The problem was that it could only hit targets at a certain range from the railroad tracks. If I recall correctly, there were maybe 3 of these railway artillery cannons in operation, and I don't know if airplanes took them out, despite having only one path it could be on. The tank would solve that problem (while raising many other problems in the process).

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

You would need approximately 25,000 pounds of pure uranium oxide to make a nuclear weapon, assuming no losses.

You would need 23,430kg of yellowcake Uranium oxide.

The Germans were mining between 35-55 tonnes annually at Joachimasthal (Jach-y-mov) Czechoslovakia but also captured in excess of 2 tonnes of refined Uranium oxide from Belgium. They also had the Auer Uranium refinery at Oranienberg. They were also producing uranium hexafluoride for Uranium centrifuges. The united States tried but failed to manufacture centrifuges during WW2. By 1943, Nazi Germany produced the Bagge isotope sluice enriching 4% per 24 hours, the Anschutz Mark IIIA enriching 250g by 7% per 24 hours and also the Krupp thermal syphon centrifuge invented by Martin and Khun (later called the Zippe centrifuge).

You would also need a facility to turn the Uranium Oxide into Uranium Hexaflouride for enrichment, an enrichment facility, a way to turn the Uranium back to its elemental form, then a way to build all the bomb components and the bomb itself. This generally leaves its mark (i.e. ORNL, LLNL, & LANL). Did all of this infrastructure exist in Germany (or Japan)?

...yes it did.

1. Project Reise in Silesia
  2. SS Quartz II project near Melk in Austria
  3. SS underground facility beneath the castle at Zell am See
  4. Underground radiochemistry labs at Tubingen
  5. 23 MeV particle accelerator captured by ALSOS at Bisingen on 22 April 1945
  6. Plasma physics laboratory at Dresden
  7. Berlin Dahlem nuclear laboratory
  8. Wesser B underground cyclotron facility (now sealed) Richard Mine Czech republic
  9. Espelkamp underground nuclear weapons facility
  10. Kandern underground ultracentrifuge facility
  11. Celle Uranium centrifuge facility
  12. IG Farben LEUNA heavy water plant
  13. Geib Sulfide Beck plant Keil
  14. Montecanteni heavy water plant Italy
  15. Saheim Heavy Water plant
  16. Vermork Heavy Water plant
  17. Munich's Linde Heavy Water plant

Plus evidence of considerable nuclear waste and tailings...

Austrian underground nuclear complex

Asse II underground nuclear waste dump

All your example tells us is that they may of been researching or perhaps developing Nuclear Weapons, but it does not suggest that they were anywhere close to achieving their goal.

BIOS report 142 (reference to large nuclear blast above Starnberger See which used Tritium based heavy paraffin developed in an SS plant at Sigmaringen:

[/URL]

There is also no doubt the US obtained secrets from the Nazi's, however it was primarily the US that developed, built, tested, and used nuclear weapons - to deny that is to deny the entire Manhattan project.

By the end of March 1945 the Manhattan project had only enriched 15lb of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU). The Little Boy project did not even exist before April 1945. Prior to this there were two Plutonium bomb projects, Fat Man and Thin Man.

On 26 April 1945 troops of the US 9th Army 9th Army stumbled upon a 3.8 tonne Uranium Bomb called "76-Zentner" in an underground complex inside a hill above Goslar on 26th April.1945. This is detailed in a report (S.R.A. 4394) which is currently held in archives at Maxwell AFB Alabama. That report notes that Charles Lindbergh who was a consultant to the US Navy Technical Intelligence Mission Europe and a qualified B-24 pilot flew the bomb back to USA.

If Little Boy was an American weapon tell me please how did Oak Ridge manage to produce 64kg of 80% enriched Uranium (HEU) when it had just 6.84kg at the start of April?

You merely smear any history your skewed version of history disagrees with by calling it the 'official story' and 'propaganda'. Manhattan project was well underway before the end of the war, as was all the infrastructure in place to make nuclear weapons (e.g. B Reactor, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge... etc).

I am curious to learn just which side skewed history after WW2?

edit on 22-6-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sy.gunson

Those that are trying to claim Germany developed and tested nuclear weapons!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: sy.gunson

Those that are trying to claim Germany developed and tested nuclear weapons!

Glib comment from someone who can't address the facts to refute them

Given that much of the evidence that Germany developed nuclear weapons is cited from previously classified American intelligence reports are you attacking the US government?
edit on 22-6-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join