It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Americans, what does it sound like this firefighter is saying to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Start at 12 seconds and listen for "We gotta get back," and tell me what you think this firefighter says next.

Is it:

A) "We gotta get back, Seven's exploding"

or

B) "We gotta get back, the second's gonna fall down"

I don't even care to debate the significance of him using the word "exploding," that's not the point.

12 seconds.

Try out both options and post what you think he's saying, even if it's different from both of the above.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

At first I thought he said something's exploding but after a dozen or so listens i think it is 7's exploding.

Why is this thread under scrutiny when noone has flagged starred or even responded??

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thats fair, but also add in for the second firefighter with the black cloth over his face what he is saying:

"Hold it, I know."

That is said just as the firefighter in the middle is saying the end of his sentence, which ever it may be.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A

I'm almost sure I heard "Sevens exploding"

Why is this thread under scrutiny when noone has flagged starred or even responded??

That applies to all 9/11 posts

-E-

[edit on 2-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

This isn't rocket science, or analyzing any kind of complicated problem. I can hear what the guys are saying, as I'm sure most people posting here will be able to.

"We gotta get back," no one else is talking over him. "Seven's exploding" (that's my "vote" btw
) the guy in the foreground loudly mumbles "right?" over top of the word "seven" but I can still clearly here it, and the guy saying "I know" is even quieter than the guy saying "seven's exploding."

So since you've already made it to the party, Gen, I guess it's 2 votes "Seven's exploding" and 1 implied vote "the second's gonna fall down."

Edit: posted too slow, 3 to 1.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe its a requirement to evac all personnel from an unstable building 2.5 time the height of the building

But it would make sense to control a demo on a building, than to let it collapse on its own and cause unknown destruction

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hondahawk

That's fine but this thread isn't about WTC7 being demolished, or the implication of a firefighter saying "seven's exploding" or anything along those lines.

It's just simply, what are you hearing the guy say? What do you think he says there?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
He is saying "Sevens exploding"
95% sure of it,

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I heard ####'s exploding.

Seriously...that's what I'd be saying. In a time like that does it matter what is exploding? Really? They are humans too. "!#%*'s exploding, let's gtfo, now."

Edit: a few more times of listening and he does actually say "Seven". But still, proves nothing.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by MetalCoffeeL]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is the best I can do because of over talking, background noise, and the reverberation of the explosive noise.

0:00 - Yeah here's one of the guys whouse can tell you I'm OK, alright, here hold on.

0:05 - Ya you wanna call your mother or somethin'.

0:07 - (Loud explosive sound)

0:09 - (unintelligible) not supposed to be right now.

0:10 - We gotta get back from here.

0:11 - What the hell.

0:13 - Gotta get back seriously, the city's exploding man.

0:15 - Don't worry about it. You need to make calls, I know.

0:17 - End of recording.........

Very hard to work with the compressed version on YouTube. I'll look for a better copy, or perhaps someone can clean out a bit of the noise.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Since these are all varying slightly, but all include "exploding," I take it that there is a fair amount of agreement that the word "exploding" is particularly audible? I'm hearing "ex-PLOD-ing" with a clear emphasis on the middle syllable.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
See if this is any better on the audio.

www.youtube.com...

EDIT: The originally uploaded video shot by Lucia Davis has been removed from YouTube.
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

[edit on 2/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is what I hear after listening to it a couple dozen more times:

Firefighter in the middle comes up and says "We gotta get back, Seven's exploding".

Firefighter on the very right says either "It's gonna come down, I know." or "Okay, calm down, I know".

"Come down, I know" and "Calm down, I know" are separate from "Seven's exploding".

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

in that case ill go with option a

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

B) "We gotta get back, the second's gonna fall down"

Yep.

Anything else is just conspiracy believers hearing what they want to hear, so that it agrees with their preconceived notions about 9/11.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Neither sound right to me.

What I hear: "We gotta get back, seven's gonna start falling."

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
after listening to the link on anxietydisorders post it is
absolutely positively Sevens exploding

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Honestly if you don't care about the significance of what he is saying, then what is the point of this poll?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk
Honestly if you don't care about the significance of what he is saying, then what is the point of this poll?

To get a consensus on what the firefighter is actually saying.

I just counted through once and I got 8 people, including at least one person who doesn't think it was demolished, agreeing he said "exploding," 3 saying some variation of "fall" or "falling."

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk

The point relates to the WTC7 phone booth explosion thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... by Labtop.

IMO, the significance of what the fireman is saying, is that by most accounts this explosion from tower seven occurred approximately 15 minutes after the south tower collapsed.

Which corroborates a lot of witness testimony about explosions in around tower seven well before the north tower collapsed which was said to have caused the structural damage and fires.

By the way, I would vote A.

<<   2 >>

join