It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Abstains I Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

ab·stain   /æbˈsteɪn/
–verb (used without object)

1.to hold oneself back voluntarily, esp. from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually fol. by from): to abstain from eating meat.

What significant do the bible books abstain from saying in writing? It's a few things I know that can think of right off the top of my head. And without further ado here they are:

God's personal life when He is up in His kingdom away from, say, His followers/worshippers. Like does He have wives endless like that of the sand of the sea? What's His favorite food? What's His favorite kinds of music? What's His hobbies? Etc.

The great things the beast of revelation is to speak.

The great things the little horn of Daniel is to speak.

That day and that hour heaven and earth pass away.

Anything I missed? Just feel free to contribute that which I'm missing from the significant things the bible abstains from saying in writing. What I want is a joint effort to uncover the things that the bible books abstain from saying in writing. What we may think of as significant is to each his own. Peace.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I wish the church would abstain from protecting its leaders from its younger members. Here is a good video:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

When it comes to sexuality and relationships, the bible perverts the basic nature of humans. Here is a good article that describes the letdown and mindscrew that the principle of abstaining imparts to its followers:

Bristol Palin and the Trouble with Christian Sex

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And then there's the real crazy, who think that they are going to magically quantum zap into someone's arms in heaven. How come the women never get a say in these crazy fantasies? Why not just get a convincing blow-up doll, you know?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is a lot the Bible doesn't tell us. If God is infinite, which scripture seems to indicate He is, then it would take eternity to learn everything there is about Him.

The Bible is supposed to be God's love letter to humanity, helping us to see where we fell short and how He provided atonement and redemption from those shortcomings.

There is much omitted because it isn't relevant to the message God wants us to be getting today. There is very little in there on angels. Yet, they seem to play a significant role in Heaven. Speaking of which, there's not a ton of information on Heaven, either.

I believe these would detract from the message God is sending us -- how to access the bridge He built to allow us to spend eternity with Him. The Bible isn't an encyclopedia. Just like a restaurant guide isn't going to spend much, if any, time describing the local museums, so the Bible isn't going to spend much time describing things we're going to have forever to be discovering.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i wouldnt put it like that.

If he is is all, it means most things in himself, are made by Will,
not by definitions. So the only formula...would be in this world,
meaning the functionality and reason of the world where
god, who is all, suffers his pain through himself divided up.

This would mean everything exsist in most optimal way,
and releases again definitions of evolving something
in an required process except by optimality in this world,
freedom in his world, but both worlds are one.

It just is.

Everything he wishes for, is, where he is one.

God is not difficult to understand, its difficult 'to see' first.
What we see, we fight first. (Accuse > Forgive, Left > Right)
Water is what the world needs. (repenting = reflecting )
Fire is the result. (forgiving = understanding)

An angel is a message of truth, can be a vision,
an understanding or a word someone brings you.
Understanding are the heavens,
and yes, angels are there.
The moment you defend oneness of god,
which is love, your words are a message
of the higher level of heaven towards
the person receiving them.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by pasttheclouds]

new topics

top topics

join