It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Facade: who has read it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I felt Michael S. Heiser's book "The Facade" was a phenomenal take on UFO's, Nephilim and the framework of secrecy and deceit by those privy to the truth. While it is a novel, it comes quite close to the reality of black projects in my opinion.

Has anyone on ATS read it? From what mike said, it appears that the sequel will not be written unless there is demand for it and understandably so. If you have not done so already, I recommend giving it a chance, even if you are an atheist.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm not a Christian in any sense. I like to read all kinds of thing spiritual and non. I have to say, I just finished this book and it blew my mind. I like how it focuses on ancient texts I've never heard before. It goes into bibical translations and I really learned a lot. Heck I think most Christians would learn a lot about thier religion that they didn't know by reading this. Not to mention it ties in HARPP and so many other conspirical topics.

Again, not a Christian but I learned a lot about the hebrew translations, dead sea scrolls, and much more. It has it's own ideas tying it all together but the info is worth reading this book. Even if you don't agree with the outcome, it's still pretty freaking awesome.

Of course I'm non-bais as far as what I will read. I have strong critical thinking skills so I can cope with reading something written by someone I don't agree with and still finish it. It's good to read things you might not agree with, if you are a smart person it makes you smarter when you can read something and not quit just because it goes somewhere that differs from your perspective.

Again, awesome story, awesome book, not sure how I feel about where it all went in the end but whatever, it's just a story. =)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

Is it the equivalent To "the davinci code?". Where he uses real info to weave a fictional story? Curious....

Never heard of this....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I just finished it and liked it .
It offers up another point of view on the UFO take , a point of view not often spoke about .

Now , if it wasn't 3:20 am and I wasn't just getting home from work I would have more to say .

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. It's written by a christian with a christian take on the matter. However, if you are a da vinci code fan, then you can appreciate the story's construction. The weird thing is, even though it was written by a christian, he really doesn't get into the theology until late in the book. Most of it is going over conspiracies from a scientific perspective then it delves into the religious matters oddly enough using ancient texts like Hindu, Dead Sea Scrolls, and Hebrew to explain it, so it's not your average "King James Version" Christian's take of things.

top topics

join