It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another unusual Martian artifact in latest Hires image

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Good Post!

NASA Images are always fun to pick apart. It is hard to tell what the "Artifacts" really are. Need someone like Hoagland to look at the pics. That image did look like it had some crazy cave entrances in the NE corner where the hilly looking mountains are. Anyways.... we need to lay the heat on NASA and tell them to give us some decent images since they have millions of them and we (taxpayers) are the ones who payed for all this!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Fuzzy, Out of Focus

ITS A UFO....

You think it's metal because of that White spotty bit, is that it.

There is big bit piece of White to the Right as well, is that not metal as well.

It is Interesting, and I'm not going say it could be anything, it's even
too big to be Elvis.

If it wasn't for the Mars thing, then I'd say it looks like a sink hole filled
with water. And the sun is shinning of the water.
But it's Impossible to tell with fuzzy Images.

And I have to Ask:
How come the larger HiRes phote is nothing like photo shown
In fact I can't the Items hilighted anything even remotely similar to the
HiRes.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Understand first of all that these are false color images.
When the whole region is seen in greyscale at high resolution the objects look a lot less "out of place".

A very high resolution image is available here:
Lobate Debris Apron in Deuteronilus Mensae (ESP_016959_2240)

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Phage]

Ok, Phage ... lets use that very high resolution image and do a side by side comparison of the items visual quality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/007e99236c32.jpg[/atsimg]

Seems to me that there's a significantly greater amount of image detail presented in the false colour one. Bear in mind also that in the false colour version, the item is sharply and clearly defined indicating that it does in fact exist and is not commensurate with its surrounding terrain.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Fuzzy, Out of Focus

ITS A UFO....

You think it's metal because of that White spotty bit, is that it.

There is big bit piece of White to the Right as well, is that not metal as well.

It is Interesting, and I'm not going say it could be anything, it's even
too big to be Elvis.

If it wasn't for the Mars thing, then I'd say it looks like a sink hole filled
with water. And the sun is shinning of the water.
But it's Impossible to tell with fuzzy Images.

And I have to Ask:
How come the larger HiRes phote is nothing like photo shown
In fact I can't the Items hilighted anything even remotely similar to the
HiRes.

Obviously you didn't read my OP where I definitively stated that I was NOT claiming it was an alien artifact, ufo, conspiracy or whatever.
I simply saw something unusual and worthy of (in my opinion) display here on ATS.
It's entirely up to each individual reader to hypothesize as to what it may be.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Once again, Phage battering the idea of anything abnormal with his gray scale mindset.

Gotta love it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I would guess that those are natural objects.
if you look at the surrounding area, you'll find many other circular objects.

You'll also notice that the left half of the image looks darker than the right half. It also looks flatter. where rocks, wouldn't have cover from the darker sediment that is apparent on the left side. just a thought..

What I did find out of the ordinary was this red capsule looking object next to one of the "objects"

i186.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
These are most likely ancient collapsed lava tubes. You can also find these on the Moon:

Lava Tube

Interesting post though....

I forgot to add the article.

Lunar Lava Tubes

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Kratos40]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My immediate inspection kinda makes me wonder if they are floating around. It looked like shadows underneath barely which would mean that they are just above the surface. Very good thread OP.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aesthetic
I would guess that those are natural objects.
if you look at the surrounding area, you'll find many other circular objects.

You'll also notice that the left half of the image looks darker than the right half. It also looks flatter. where rocks, wouldn't have cover from the darker sediment that is apparent on the left side. just a thought..

What I did find out of the ordinary was this red capsule looking object next to one of the "objects"

i186.photobucket.com...

I actually did see that 'artifact' originally but discounted it as it appear to mes to be an obvious 'glitch' in the image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74244ce7ff26.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Is that from the 1gb jp2 image?
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

The image I linked is not that image. I don't have enough RAM to open it. The page I linked provides higher resolution images, including those of "very high resolution".

But I did not mean to imply that the grayscale image is a better alternative. I was pointing out full image (which is available in grayscale) provides better context. It can be seen that there are numerous similar (though larger) objects scattered throughout the area.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesthetic

Funny you should mention the capsule - I spotted one far off to the right
Wonder what they are?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d92bbe66dc2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The UFO was just a bit sarcasm, nothing to do this at all.
Because most UFO pictures appear that way.
Next time I'll include a warning ***This Post may contain Sarcasm***

it is Interesting, the whole thing looks like a giant glacier though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Is that from the 1gb jp2 image?
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

The image I linked is not that image. I don't have enough RAM to open it. The page I linked provides higher resolution images, including those of "very high resolution".

But I did not mean to imply that the grayscale image is a better alternative. I was pointing out full image (which is available in grayscale) provides better context. It can be seen that there are numerous similar (though larger) objects scattered throughout the area.

I assumed both image links were referring to the same image.
The grey scale image I used came from the 'link to external image' reference on the HIRES site and was NOT from the 1Gb version.

Hmmm ... would be interesting to download the 1Gb version and examine it .... but then again, it IS 1Gb and not sure if such a huge download is justified for what is most likely just a natural feature of the landscape

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Very good catch. S&F.

My first impression is that the objects are not natural formations. But then again I have no clue about areology. I have a feeling that somebody at NASA got demoted ...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Since there is currently *zero* convincing scientific evidence of anything even remotely artificial on Mars, I'm guessing these images depict natural features. Sorry - there I go again with the common sense thing....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chimanta
Since there is currently *zero* convincing scientific evidence of anything even remotely artificial on Mars, I'm guessing these images depict natural features. Sorry - there I go again with the common sense thing....

I wasn't in the slightest alluding to an artificial or alien origin for this artifact ... merely pointing out its unusual location and appearance and that it didn't seem to fit in with its immediate surroundings.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I believe what you are looking at are the mineral drops left from water on mars. "A close up of the rock dubbed "El Capitan" shows fine, parallel lamination in the upper area of the rock, which also contains scattered sphere-shaped objects ranging from 1 to 2 millimeters (.04 to .08 inches) in size. There are also more abundant, scattered vugs, or small cavities, about 1 centimeter (0.4 inches) long". www.news.cornell.edu...

Maybe I am wrong but does look a lot like the picture right??

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstoshadow111
I believe what you are looking at are the mineral drops left from water on mars. "A close up of the rock dubbed "El Capitan" shows fine, parallel lamination in the upper area of the rock, which also contains scattered sphere-shaped objects ranging from 1 to 2 millimeters (.04 to .08 inches) in size. There are also more abundant, scattered vugs, or small cavities, about 1 centimeter (0.4 inches) long". www.news.cornell.edu...

Maybe I am wrong but does look a lot like the picture right??

Yes, there is a similarity in the pic you've supplied.
However, you state that the the dimensions of these spherical objects are in the millimeter size range but checking the HIRES site (and if I'm not mistaken), the minimum diameter being resolved is approximately 90 cms (almost 1 meter). So whatever this spherical artifact may be, its definitely quite sizeable.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7fb7775126c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
For what it's worth I'm downloading the 1gig file now ...

I'm not very good with images so I'll try to find the same location and post it for you guys.

It might take me a while though so don't let me stop anyone else from doing the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
For what it's worth I'm downloading the 1gig file now ...

I'm not very good with images so I'll try to find the same location and post it for you guys.

It might take me a while though so don't let me stop anyone else from doing the same.

Great ... will be very interesting to see if such a 'monster' image file will show a significant amount of additional detail associated with that particular artifact ... common sense says that it should.
Anyway, waiting with baited breath ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join