It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly - New Video - WTH is this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Thanks for posting. This is amazing. And like I always say, even if it is just a rock formation its so unique that it deserves more pictures and closups if possible from what we have up there. The same as the face on Mars. The more photo's and images the better for all concerned.

I've seen this before but not the video and it truly is amazing.

Here is updated pics from NASA on the Mars Face anomaly. After they got done with it, it looks NOTHING like the original picture...but hey...it's NASA

NASA Mars Face Update

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Lol I kinda feel you on that.
I just posted that data per request by a member.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

well first of all, that's mars not earth so it really doesn't follow that because you can't think of some process here on earth, that there is none on mars. secondly you don't know that it's a hole, it's notoriously difficult to determine three dimensional characteristics of flat images of mars.

you're right it does appear to be a cliff, perhaps thousands of years ago after a major sandstorm part of the cliff face fell away and was buried leaving this strange visage. who can say, pretty much anything you or i say as to it actually being a building or i saying it is a rock is opinion and speculation.

However, if one believes that there are portions of the moon airbrushed out, why would they leave such an obviously anomalous site right out in a picture hosted on their server? zorgons' thread is from 2008 that's two years it's been there....after all the processing cataloging and upkeep over two years they still left a picture of an alien's , or one of their, buildings? seems illogical to me, either they can cover it up or they can't. untill the pics are released to their server they have total control over the images, it's not like they're being broadcast over tv where they can be intercepted.

in summation i guess i'll just exit the thread. after writing all this and rereading all the replies, i figure, what's the point. not like anyone's actually reading my whole posts anyways, just the parts they disagree with.
and quite frankly i resent being called a debunker, politely offering alternative explanations to a picture is not debunking.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

We are reading mate, but the problem is that this is not an anomaly that is easily debunked. I appreciate your contribution to the thread. I just personally think, like others have stated, a perfect circle, inside a perfect rectangle, shown as multi-platform, is more than just a weather caused formation...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is a site of many conspiracies and having a source makes your claims viable and proven(at least to an extent). The coordinates allow someone to use an extra source and find the said location themselves to cross check to see if it is real or not.

It is just another version of a "source" that backs up the data presented. No need to bust your balls to provide a source but they are highly celebrated.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So that's where I dropped my bottle opener.
Now how am I going to get it back. I need it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice new avatar...Yeah man that does look like a bottle opener hah! Seriously though this was a good catch by the author. Any chance any of you guys know how to make a video like this to grab and zoom on objects? Is it done through the actual original photo? Thanks for any help...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Glad you have lightened up a bit Phage love the new AV

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hey Smell!

Check out Robert Deans presentation at the Last exopolitics meeting regarding a structure that he believes may be some type of space port.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks Bob Down Under, I am checking out Bob Dean's speech now.

I just added some pictures to the OP I tried to cut out. You can see it nicely when blown up. Maybe someone with some skills can outline the straight edges and shapes...It looks very geometrical.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thanks again Bob, for any interested here is the video. It is quite long, around 70 minutes, but he has many interesting things he discuses besides space stations. Highly recommended and thanks again for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
With a scaled image width of 4.69 km (~2.9 miles) that "structure" would be enormous. I'm not saying it's not a structure, but a little perspective never hurts. I would ballpark the "structure" at roughly 1/4 mile in width.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting, although I can't really say for certain it's unnatural, it does look like some sort of building, I'd love to see some updated photos if there are any.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Go to the hirise image. hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

View this image in JP2 QUICKLOOK(IAS VIEWER) Full image (grayscale, map projected)

This is without zoom
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b648bd01cba7.jpg[/atsimg]

This is full zoom
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/883b62e74228.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks natural to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Some have mentioned the other Mars anomalies in this thread and their relevance.

Here is what I found.

MARS ANOMALY: Strange artifact caught by rover Spirit.

And here is a Video that looks like the "Glass Tubes" seen in other videos. This one is a bit in depth though and has an analysis to go with it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Remy that is an amazing shot close up! It looks completely different than in the other pictures, even when zoomed. You are right it looks very natural in this view! Thank you very much for the info, I was waiting for something like this to shed some light on the subject. I would say that this one is nothing more than a picture anomaly at the view taken. GREAT WORK!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

No prob mate

second line

[edit on 1-4-2010 by remymartin]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
This is full zoom
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/883b62e74228.jpg[/atsimg]
Are you sure?

I thought this was full, 100% zoom, at 25 cm per pixel.
(click for full resolution version)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4c31deaf7c1980af.jpg[/atsimg]

Apparently most people forget the newer missions and keep looking at old photos.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Apparently most people forget the newer missions and keep looking at old photos.

It's certainly interesting how so many of these "artificial" structures just seem to vanish once a decent image is taken of them. But it sure doesn't stop people from getting all excited about the "proof" they just discovered.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Reading through the linked thread i could almost be persuded to say its a on in a billion chance kind of thing and formed through a natural weathered erosion process. However in the youtube video linked in the OP it shows a anomally located at a different geographical location which the structure has similar style of construction, the hole shape in both structures is one of them, but if you compare both carefully there are also other similar features which can be seen. If both images are truely taken from Mars i would say this is strong evidence for something unatural and Nasa should be retaking higher resolution pictures of these anomallies again.

--

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join