It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodies of 21 Babies Are Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Associated Press Article: 2 detained for dead babies found along China river

State media says two hospital mortuary workers have been detained by police after the bodies of 21 babies were found on a riverbank in eastern China.

Local residents discovered the bodies along the riverbank and initially thought they were toys.
Reports say the babies ranged in age from newborns to several months.

Video footage showed that the bodies — stashed in yellow plastic bags, at least one of which was marked "medical waste" — included some infants several months old. Some wore identification tags with their mothers' names, birth dates, measurements and weights. The official Xinhua News Agency said there were also fetuses among the bodies.

More girls than boys are aborted in China because of the traditional preference for male offspring, especially in rural areas. Although gender-selection abortions are illegal in China, the practice remains widespread and has led to a skewed sex ratio at birth in China with 119 males born for every 100 females. In industrialized countries, the ratio is 107 to 100.

I remember, as a child, hearing stories of China "one child" policy and the ensuing abortion of female fetuses because of traditional and customary preference for males. I wonder if this is still the case or if this is all about something else? There doesn't seem to be all that much difference between 119 and 107 male births compared to 100 female births. On the other hand, with a population of over one billion, that's a lot of female babies.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It is sad that it has come to needing to dump fetuses in rivers.

I mean, seriously. If they MUST implement a one-kid per couple law, then they should look at this and realize gender-based abortions need to be legalized. It is the only way to prevent putting the mom at risk in an illegal abortion.
It's obvious the abortions of the unwanted fetuses will continue, legally or not.

What ever happened to letting the PEOPLE have some say in what happens to them? Apparently this idiotic government would rather to keep having to clean fetuses from rivers.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

i'm not flaming you, i promise, lost, but if people could make their own decisions in a specific society with regard to the sex of their children, would the outcomes necessarily be ok? or would the ramifications warrant "federal" mandates to prevent them? what to do if you have a society where, for whatever reason, it's preferable to have a male child, then someday you wind up with four males for every female? problems result from this. does society deal with those problems as they occur or does it prevent them from happening?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

To be completely honest with you, I was worried about this EXACT same scenario re: 4 males to 1 female issue....

Err, I worried about it, until my best friend went out to Singapore or some crazy place and brought back a wife.

The moral of my story? We are globalizing. Would it really bother you if the whole world became a "melting pot" like the US?

Things will equal out. But some may need to get over their phobias of other people quick.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
No matter what the details of this are, it is obvious that foul play is a t work when babies are found in a river. 21 babies. I have a strong stomach, but this sends shivers down my spine. The laws governing the people of this country are creating this, I would bet money. NO babies should die due to rules set by stupid politicians, or for any other reasons beyond natural death for that matter. 21 babies. imagine what they haven't found. Seems as though I am stumbling upon a lot these days that make me question humanity, and the world my children will grow up in.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

true enough, tm, a baby killed by malicious intent is never, ever justified. and when there's multiples, there's an obvious indication of a serious flaw in civilization. i wish i knew, in this case, what, exactly, it is.

top topics

join