It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Buzz! Privacy flaw snags WH CTO Mclaughlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So not many were aware of WH Chief Technology Officer Andrew Mclaughlin. His appointment raised some eyebrows because he was Google's top lobbyist. Well apparently his loyalties to his former company may have exposed his agenda/leanings in deciding national internet policies, including those that may affect Google's competitors.

Google Buzz! is Google's version of Facebook or Myspace that is directly attached to your Gmail account so that you can use your email contacts as contacts on the social networking site. It seems though Mr. Mclaughlin forgot to set his contacts to private and has revealed those who are in his WH Gmail account.

Source

McLaughlin’s Buzz profile (which he quickly made private after his contacts were exposed) is enlightening to say the least. It includes a treasure trove of movers and shakers in high-tech, Internet public policy, and venture capital circles.

But it includes much, much more. At least 28 of the folks Google Buzz pulled from McLaughlin’s Gmail contact list are employed by…Google! And, as you can see from the screenshots below (captured before he made his contact lists private) McLaughlin’s Gmail appears to include a “who’s who” of Google senior lobbyists and lawyers from across the globe:

Conflict of interest? You decide.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hells Yes it's a conflict of interest

Here's a link from your link that delves deeper-

Obama & Google ~A Love Story~

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Too funny. Lends a whole new perspective to that "email or text or other" that you accidentally sent and wish you hadn't...

One would think he would be familiar with the privacy settings... right?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Obama Rasmussen daily tracking.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 30% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13

Obama promise.

I don't take a dime of their [lobbyist] money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House.

The Dem/Repub two headed snake rolls on.

SING WITH ME!

Rolling, rolling, rolling,
keep them lies a coming,
keep elite's asmiling,
Rawhide

Lies and promises broken,
Hell bent for destruction,
Lobbyists a flying,

All my money's amissin,
Teapartiers adissen,
Americans are bitchin,

Tax em up, hold em down,
Tax em up, hold em down,
Tax em up, hold em down,

RAWHIDE!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder if cell phones google and our government are not all in collusion somehow.

I have to admit I love google, and based my smart phone choice on the google os.

What is wrong with a former google lobbyist having google people in his contacts? Wouldnt it look weird if there were not any??

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If they were attached to his private account and not his WH Gmail. Plus there are no other contacts from competitors. The bulk of his contacts are high-up Google employees. Gives the perception he is still watching out for Google's interests. Although now thinking about it you brought up a very good point about Google's Android phones.

top topics

join