It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing their religion? Catholicism in turmoil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

And don't forget the Christian Zionists support of the state of IsraHELL

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

man that place is EXTREMELY important. i'm starting to agree with sitchin on that. somewhere, perhaps buried way under the temple mount, is the remains of a very old spaceport/command center that was ENLIL's main hub of operation at least 50,000 years ago. this guy made a video about jerusalem, the temple mount and some serious questions raised by sir isaac newton.

now THAT is a hotspot

quote on the subject from a sitchinite website:

Long before the days of the Hebrew kings, Jerusalem had been considered to be a sacred city by the native people of the land of Canaan. Called Salem or Ur-Salem (Capital City of Salem), it encompassed three peaks: Mount Zophim in the north (now called Mount Scopus), or literally the "mount of the observers," Mount Zion in the south which meant "mount of the signal," and in the center Mount Moriah or the "mount of directing."

Mount Zion is presently occupied by the Moslem shrine called the Dome of the Rock and is reputedly the place where Solomon built his temple. The Moslem shrine is built on a fashioned rock 57 feet long and 44 feet wide. At present, four to six feet are above the floor, with caves and passageways reportedly underneath. In a way, the monolith stone is similar to the stone platform at Baalbeck, although quite smaller.

The three peaks of Salem were some sort of control center similar in function to that of Larak or Nippur in ancient Sumer. In the Scriptures Jerusalem has been called the "center of the Earth" and the "holy mountain." Mount Zion has been referred to as being "in the midst of the navel of the Earth."

Remarkably, Jerusalem was not a city sacred to the Israelites before the days of David. It is only mentioned once in the Torah, the first five books of the Old Testament, and it is not until later in Joshua 10 that the name is encountered.

Actually, Shechem, a city north of Jerusalem, was regarded by the ancient Hebrews as sacred with the shrine located at nearby Mount Gezerin. Its holy status is reflected in its use as the storage place of the teraphims, the sacred idols or communications devices. In turn, this role may also be due to some as yet unknown reason for its importance, perhaps even as a regional radio with a permanent apparatus to contact the gods.

In Solomon's time, the temple was built upon the monolith rock at Zion which was at that time considered to be sacred. By then, however, its original use as a landing and launching platform was lost in the dim past, although it retained its holy status.

In the days of David, the stone was used only as a threshing floor, but David must have suspected its holy status when he purchased it to build the temple.

It was also near the rock at Zion that Jacob observed the angels going up and down a ladder or stairway to the heavens: "He had a dream: a stairway was set on the ground, with its top reaching to the ski; and the angels of El were going up and down on it ... Jacob awoke from his sleep ... Shaken, he exclaimed, 'How awesome is this place! This is none other than the abode of El, and that is the gateway to heaven.'"

Coincidentally, the phrase "gateway to heaven" is the same terminology used by Gilgamesh to describe the land of Shamash in the story about his trip to the land of cedars where the gods took the shuttle to the orbiting mother

www.apollonius.net...

alot of what we see going on in the churches and governments of the world, may in fact, boil down to allegiances and their ancient power bases. something big is coming on the horiizon.

personally, i've been arguing with myself as to the affiliation of the catholic church. i can't decide if they're enkites or enlilites. but then a comparative reading of the sumerian-akkadian versions of the biblical account, seem to suggest both enki and enlil (the son and the father) had been given the title of jehovah/yahweh. so it would come as no big surprise that religion founded on jehovah/yahweh, would inevitably reflect both positions. in essence, christianity in its various incarnations, are worshippers of both enki and enlil. or so it would seem. kinda makes sense too, if ya think about it for a moment.

in effect, yeshua as the son of God (enlil) would not have been lying when he said he was yahweh, because many of enki's (son of enlil) deeds were written as the deeds of yahweh, and that is how the jews would've recognized him.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'd like to share this recent quote, with you;

Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion, said: “There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.”

And, he is right. Richard is not suggest Islam will now becoming the world's global religion, but we might get a radical or extreme version of Christianity. If another reformation occurs.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join