It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Senators Think Biometric Identity Card the Key to Immigration Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Source

Could a national identity card help resolve the heated immigration-reform divide?

Two Senators, New York Democrat Chuck Schumer and South Carolina Republican Lindsey Graham, certainly seem to think so. They recently presented an immigration-bill blueprint to President Barack Obama that includes a proposal to issue a biometric ID card - one that would contain physical data such as fingerprints or retinal scans - to all working Americans. The "enhanced Social Security card" is being touted as a way to curb illegal immigration by giving employers the power to quickly and accurately determine who is eligible to work. "If you say [illegal immigrants] can't get a job when they come here, you'll stop it," Schumer told the Wall Street Journal. Proponents also hope legal hiring will be easier for employers if there's a single go-to document instead of the 26 that new employees can currently use to show they're authorized to work.

Havent seen this posted anywhere else yet. So far, its just a bill blueprint basically. The article talks about how this will take a long time to implement because of the size and cost of the entire project.

Im not sure what to think on this subject because it seems just a tad bit invasive to privacy of citizens. I mean finger prints and retinal scans? I can see how this could be good but I can also see how this is a bit bad at the same time. Im just gonna have to wait and see how it would all work out in the end.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
it is a technological inevitiblity.

Cant stop progress.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've never actually seen retinal scans used en masse for biometric identification. The most likely route would be a fingerprint scanner, which the department of defense already uses for its employees. Research 'Common Access Card'.

I, personally, would like to see some greater security implemented in social security cards....apparently my 12 year old son has been hard at work doing construction in Arizona for 11 years!

The term 'biometric' has become a dirty word in conspiracy realms, conservatives don't seem to like it either. It's been used to imply the use of RFID chips injected into the body rather than the less frightening, more affordable use of fingerprint scanning.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Funny how you can get bi-partisan approval of any element of a police state but try to fix healthcare and whoaah!!!

Second line - they can agree to be fascists

Gawd, I despise these cretins

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This has been news for about a week or two now.
Let's cripple small business even more by requiring them to buy and operate biometric ID scanners. The Republicans in Graham's district must be crazy.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ahhhh, the follow up push and the needed link for the chain that's currently under construction to begin the human cattle march to the branding iron.
These twisted freaks cant become more obvious in their agenda and are actually so sloppy now in telegraphing their moves and putting their bold and brazen attitudes out in front and in the open it's just amazing.
Ask for the stars and you may get the moon.
There are way to many shell games going on in congress in hopes that things will get missed as things move too fast.
All we need now are a few more crisis events and this "solution" will be well under way.

There are some wothwhile points here to look at.
I'll cross promote, as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join