It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cannibal 'Zombies': How Long Would It Take?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
How long would it take for United Statesians to turn cannibal if Walmart, McDonalds, etc no longer had food available? Never mind the 31+ million on food stamps, and who's gonna bail out the government...
usdebtclock.org...
...as either way the numbers scream total collapse in our near future.

Imagine spoiled "America", without meat...
Since only a handful of us will have that covered, or any of the rest, I wouldn't be surprised if it were only a couple-few months until odd reports of missing pets and eventually people began to outwiegh what you'd already expect in such conditions.

First you'd surely hear ongoing reports of neighborhood pets disappearing. Of course everyone would blame others, not admit they had eaten their own cats or dogs. People would likely go for the cats first as dogs chase off people, while cats eat the rat food source. The pets that are used to the outdoors regularly might be annoying about getting to go out... at their own peril. The rationing process would be that if I let him out the people around the corner will eat him anyways, and he's driving me nuts in here, and you can imagine the rest.

Take all the toys away from the spoiled child, and what does he predictably do? Most "Americans" are already zombies in a sense already anyways. They're already the herd, so they'll run in packs. The irony of actual "zombie" films is they typically show the zombies munching as fast as they can, like when the pack of jackals get the antelope. Oh what monsters the live human cannibal 'zombies' might become...

But how long do you think that would take???

[edit on 30-3-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
McDonalds sells food? Since when?

The idea of zombies is completely unfeasible I dont get why so many people obsessed with it. This coming from a guy with all the Resident Evil games.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This scenario could get even more horrific. Imagine if Rush, Hannity, Beck, et.al all crashed in the ocean while taking a flight to Costa Rica to obtain health-care. What happens to ditto=heads when there is nothing to ditto??!! Wait, maybe the hungry could feast on the brain-dead, and it would be all good. Nevermind, carry-on with derogatory trolling.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
The idea of zombies is completely unfeasible I dont get why so many people obsessed with it. This coming from a guy with all the Resident Evil games.

Note the use of 'zombies'. This isn''t to be taken in the literal "zombies" sense (i.e. not silly fictional "zombies".

We're talking cannibals in general here.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ah touche. Well cannibalism is so taboo in our society it would take quite a while to break down. It would take after stockpiles of food and available stuff is stolen, ie. supermarkets and such, and as was mentioned pets and livestock are all slaughtered... it takes insanity to make people kill and eat each other though, not just 'hunger' but hunger insanity, and absolute desperation... as in the Soviet Union around WW2 I believe.

Gross topic.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

do you realise even without a dollar in your pocket, a cow is still gonna hump a cow, and a pig is still gonna hump a pig making more cows and pigs.
if it were me starving like and egyptian 2000 years ago, i'd start breeding chihuaha's.... mmmm sweet and sour....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

It depends what kind of collapse you are talking about.

"The Road" type of collapse (irreparable and fundamental ecosystem collapse). In this case, cannibalism would be inevitable. It would probably start occurring after food sources disappear, within 4 to 6 weeks or so, or;

A breakdown of law and order type of collapse in which the ecosystem remains relatively intact and the survivors can rely on self subsistence, farming, barter and, if the collapse is not world wide, foreign aid. In this case it may only happen in very isolated cases, if at all.

I think that cannibalism, in Western cultures, occurs at the very extreme boundaries of human survival instincts, like in Jamestown in the early 1600's.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Once food and water is no longer delivered, the large cities will not take long for the citizens to go into 'Zombie'-mode...

But I think it might be more like a Soylent Green sorta situation, as the government would never lose it's grip. To keep this grip, the cattle must be fed and consenting to this rule over them. So, letting a massive chaotic Zombie situation happen would not be in their best interests.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It is great then that food does not grow in Mcdonalds/walmarts and co. Since even in case of running out of walmart strategic reserves US has lots of farmers growing lots of food, for export too.
So ,just as in time of great depression, poor people from cities would go to the country to look for work/food. Not saying that it will be nice/easy/comfortable/fair. But cannibalism????

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I love this thread, we bought a little mut last year for just this reason. Ive been fattening him up now with "Ol' Roy" brand dog food from wal mart knowing that someday I would have to eat him! With all the petting and attention he's gonna be tender and juicy im sure....boy I can't wait!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
it takes insanity to make people kill and eat each other though, not just 'hunger' but hunger insanity, and absolute desperation...

Would this 'society' not already be insane? When the masses already EXPECT to have things like food handed to them (ie spoiled), what does the spoiled child do in response?

Perhaps they wont initially kill to eat, but a society gone mad may end up with an ongoing body count. Joe 6 Pack hasn't had any meat in a while, and all these bodies laying around...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is all very disgusting...lol. I mean could you imagine the point where you stop and realilze you have part of a human ear on the end of your fork and are about to take a bite

Seriously though, there would be a lot of violence me thinks. Mob mentality, hoarding, violence. Not sure anywhere in or near a city would be remotely safe. Large groups of people panicking in the streets...as individuals we are problem solvers, as large groups we cause problems.

I'd like to think I am skilled enough to provide for my family regardless of the situation. Hunting, fishing, growing vegetables,etc. My family and extended family even got together for a meeting on evacuation plans and routes out of the city and have stockpiled necessaties in a central location on family land in the woods.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
The post stank of misanthropy and anti-american hatred. I guess that is antithetical to my 'agenda.'

Well....

"America" is an entire hemisphere... not just the most arrogent and hegemonic nation within that hemisphere. Therefore being "anti-american" would mean I was blasting the entire hemisphere, which I did not.

By and large... people here are spoiled, and/or obese, and/or selfish, and/or stuck up, and/or self centered, and/or deliberately ignorant, and/or too lazy to prepare or self-reflect... maybe do some research... and so on... for the most part. There's always a great deal of truth to stereotypes. The "Least Common Denominator" has become the vast majority.

What wouldnt you put past these people?

Assuming you don't already have livestock and such to prosper in such a scenario, are you going to let all that meat go to waste??

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
On a semi-serious note, I would say that the two BEST places
to satisfy that hunger for charred MAGNON-STEAK in a SHTF
situation where no food was available.....is.....

a) For those who like their beef lean may I suggest
lurking about Gold's Gym or Fitnessworld to get your
well muscled, toned and nearly fat-less beef.

b) For those who prefer someting more succulent and marbled
I suggest the local Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig facility
to take advantage of that 200+ pounds of slow-moving
lady-meat that waddles in and out every day.

The choice is yours....Lean or Marbled man/woman beef!
So when the SHTF don't waste your time looking for the
nearest Walmart, Superstore or Save-on-Foods, go for the
jugular and get yourself some Soylent Green to go with
the Fava Beans and a nice Chianti !!!!

P.S. The best cuts are the rump, biceps and quads
lightly seared in-between medium rare to just medium done,
and basted with Hickory Bills Wild Buffalo Barbecue Sauce
and some Hyes Seasoning Salt with a dash of cracked
black pepper. And to top it all off, a nice 25 year old vintage
port with a double mocha creamy New York Cheesecake
with vanilla ice cream to make that Sapien-Cut go down well!

And rather than retire afterwards to the whiskey room and
a game of billiards, may I suggest a nice evening stroll
with a 2 gauge elephant gun for a round of Zombie-Skeet
shooting....remember they don't go down unless you blow
off their heads!!!! And Remember to NOT get bitten yourself!

[edit on 2010/4/1 by StargateSG7]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
After the above....On a much more serious note,
those "Survivalists" who keep dreaming of Hunting, Fishing
and Growing Food & Vegetables are just that....DREAMING!

Why?

Because in a true SHTF (S*** Hits The Fan) situation,
the original calamity would have been caused by war,
large scale natural disaster, mass-scale disease or
cataclysmic geologic or space impact event where
a large portion of the environment would be completely
WIPED OUT or so heavily polluted by radiation and general
contamination that there would be little that is fit to eat
and drink!

There WILL NOT BE ANYTHING to hunt or fish for OR those
resources in themselves would be so contaminated that
large scale die-off would be highly likely leaving LITTLE
OR NOTHING as a practical food source.

What the original disaster didn't finish off, the cold
and damp of winter WILL !!!! What YOU MUST DO is
have enough food and general supplies to last at least
TWO YEARS preferably FIVE where you live quite literally
in an underground bunker or, at the very least, in an easily
defendable compound with enough LARGE-SCALE weapons
to fend off the likely 5,000 to 500,000 refugees who will be
crowding around YOUR space looking for something to eat.

In such a scenario the only practical way to defend yourself
QUICKLY is by using Chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction
because those refugees will quite literally be a stark raving
mad mob of lunatics and crazies looking for something to eat!

I'm not saying this is what you SHOULD DO, what I am saying
is that in a SHTF scenarios the basic rules of society go completely
right out the window and if you want YOUR GENES to survive
and pass on to the next generation, you may need to do some
pretty despicable things in order to prevent yourself from
getting caught up in a mass mob that in the end will simply
cannibalize itself until the population dies off enough to
be able to be supported by it's immediate physical environment.
In the end they'll be half-starved, brain-wasted semi-humans
where it may be better to put them out of their misery than
allow them to further destroy what little natural environment
there will be left.

What is better? Total Human Extinction or saving
the few that that have the ability & intelligence to
actually SURVIVE & PROSPER in an extremely difficult
post-apocalyptic environment by killing off the
weak and dangerous!

Again, you need AT LEAST TWO TO FIVE YEARS of basic supplies
and mass-destruction scale weapons PLUS enough seed supplies
and farm tools to implement a practical, self-supporting
food sourcing operation to serve the best & brightest of the
post-apocalyptic generation and where possible, TO KILL OFF
the portion of society that will cause danger to your compatriots
by way of excessive population, disease, war or famine.

It's better to have a few saved souls than have none at all!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

society is “four meals away from anarchy”. In other words, the security agency believes that Britain could be quickly reduced to large-scale disorder, including looting and rioting in the event of a catastrophe that stops the supply of food. The maxim opens a question as to whether civilized societies could so quickly revert to primitive behavior.

onemansthoughts.wordpress.com...

It wouldn't take long!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
if you live in a big city. it would be total madness.
you lose the power and you all start looting any way!
the best thing is to live in the country side Now!
and have a bunker to hide in.
but I dont have the money to do this.
so I hope I get a very quick painless death.
you can snak on me then...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't know, but if you want to talk let's do it in the basement... where it's safe!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb142733f3c0.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join