It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on Overthrowing the government? It's a Crime!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

This isn't about the 10th Amendment or state rights. That is another issue altogether.

I am talking about individuals. Individual citizens of the United States. Individual citizens, People, groups of people, singular groups that may want to overthrow the government. Secession is not an overthrow of the federal government. It is a breakaway from the federal government, and thus, does not apply in this thread.

I am singularly talking about those groups of people that while they tell us they want a return to the constitution, purposely ignore Article III section 3 of the United States Constitution which makes it a crime of treason to commit an act of war against the United States government.

These people aren't patriots, they are traitors. The people that preach the declaration of independence as a licence to start a war with our federal government are traitors, no better than Al Qaeda. They have the same goal. The means to that end might be different, but the goal is the same, the destruction of America, and the enslavement of it's people under an ideology.

If a state wants to secede from the union and the people are behind it, and the constitution of that state allows it. That is their business. I don't agree with it. But that is their business. But if an individual masturbating to a picture of Thomas Jefferson is telling you that it is his right under the Constitution to overthrow the government, he cannot be more wrong. The above law is completely constitutional because it complies with the will of the constitution. It in fact is a lesser charge than what these people really deserve and that is the punishment for treason.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

People do not have the right to make war with the Federal government, but, collectively and through State secession, they have the right to separate and become their own entity and tell the "Union" goodbye. So I agree with you to that point.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I am glad you agree, but secession is NOT the point of this thread. This thread IS about people, individuals, singular groups who want to violently overthrow the federal government. Again, this thread is NOT about State rights, or secession.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Then there is nothing they can do if the government turns against them, except that which no one wants. Lets hope they all go to the ballot box instead.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The best way to change this government. Elect better people. For too long they have been telling you, that you have no choice, it's a lie.

There is a way, there has always been a way. It is through our system the system our founding fathers gave us. The republic still is there, if you want it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join