It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud "Boom" Rocks Portland - March 28, 2010 8:05pm PST

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i have noticed at night rainbow cloads hard to explain but they were multicolerd like rainbows, it has been raining and the rain seems rather strange as if it is mixed with something not the usual type of rain we get here...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

This is a very interesting site about earthquake booms
www.terraresearch.net...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

The other day I think we had a bunch of hail mixed in with that down pour. I haven't noticed any rainbow clouds though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
About five minutes ago it was sunny and warm, and now it is hailing like a mofo. I mean, the hail is pretty small, I'd say pea sized, but it's coming down hard enough to make a lot of noise. I've been gardening for the past couple of hours. I guess I'm done with that for the day :/

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
daylight meteor exploding?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
strange weather sunny, hailing, sprinkling rain, sunny pouring rain with mixed hail.. not normal weather..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Awwww. Come on!
I lived in Puddletown for 30 years!
That doesn't sound so unusual to me.
I remember once when I was a kid, it was raining like crazy in the front yard of our house, yet totally dry in the back yard!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

OldDragger is right, ya know.
This really has nothing to do with the atmospheric weather.
This is a completely normal Portland Spring.
Rain, sun, then rain mixed with wind, then still, then hail, then sun MIXED with rain, splotches of hail, splotches of rain, etc. etc. etc.

Totally normal.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Now, as far as the "boom":
I, myself, didn't hear it, (I live out in Aloha), but I don't believe for a second that it was a pipe bomb. First of all, a pipe bomb wouldn't be heard as far north as Vancouver unless it went off on Sauvie Island or some such. Even with cloud cover to "bounce the noise".
Secondly, where is the proof? Has anyone seen any video or picture reports of the aftermath of the explosion? Any cracks, holes, or charred remnants? Anything?

Please! Prove me wrong! Show me proof with my eyes.
Seriously....... I'm very interested in this. I'd LOVE some pics or vids!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I was at the gym so I couldn't really see the full story but I thought they were talking about this stuff in the news and it was something about a a plant exploding someplace in east pdx.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
[edit on 2-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

We're just looking for patterns. Someone upthread asked about our weather. Yesterday's weather was a little weird. It was alternating between really strong winds with hard rain, and totally sunny with a blue sky. It switched back and forth continually about every twenty minutes sometimes. It wasn't just that the weather changed a lot though, the changes were really rapid. Maybe that was more common twenty years ago or so, but in the past several years I've never seen it happen before. I have heard that this area goes through cycles, so maybe it has nothing to do with the boom, but like I said, we're just gathering information and looking for patterns.

IMO, the official explanation for the boom seems much more ominous to me, than any of our speculations so far. I don't know much about pipe bombs, but it sounds like it would have had to been really big to make the amount of noise it made.

And this on the heels of that Professor at PSU accusing one of his students of inciting violence on campus for false flag purposes, and our recent protest fiasco. I don't know if the non-locals have heard about that.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I find this all really fascinating. I started a thread a bit ago about a theory of mine regarding Washington State and EQ's. I think it very possible the boom described could be geological in origin, especially since it isn't an isolated occurance.

Check out this map. Notice the most recent quake in blue? Compare that to the other map locating the personal accounts of hearing the boom and you see what I am getting at.

No, I do not think that small quake is what it could be leading up to, but another indicator that something is going on. Ofcourse, our whole area is one huge ridge of live volcanos and active tectonics so it isn't suprising, really.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm from Oregon city, and I was at practice, but I didn't hear any kind of boom. I do remember some strange lights though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join