It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Determinism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Great post, thank you.

That is why I badly want to believe in free will.

Hello,
Your last sentence?
Without free will, I don't think it's possible to desire a thing; even a belief in free will.

Very good thread, wonder why or how I didn't see it sooner. Was it predetermined? Maybe, it doesn't really matter to me so long as I got to be a part of it!

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about "so we know the difference." I think they were onto something. Was it predetermined that I'd believe in the afterlife? If so, and this life, I'm actually experiencing hell on Earth, and not until I die will I know that heaven is paradise?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

In case anyone bothers to read this far down the thread, here is a short answer to a long question:

A being can, on its own determinism, design and build things that operate predictably. This whole universe could be an example of such a creation.

A being can even decide to create an automaticity and then conveniently "forget" who created it or why it was created, then claim that someone or something else created it.

For a being to un-create something it is no longer happy with, it must first take full responsibility for its part in the original creation.

Life becomes predictable only to the extent that you can depend on beings to not take responsibility for the automaticities they have created.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

i tell you from where the contradiction appear,

god as usual talk with us as slaves, like if we would be happy that anyone shared anything with us such animals we are

like in the bible the absurdity when god say to the father of all jews that he is going to make of him men to rule the earth, that god said how it pleased that man to know that
it is absurd how god didnt seem to have any concept of wtf for that guy

so here the same point, at conceptions free wills existed but then all stories of bodies were done with different lives and bodies of course

but the problem is what each body is living only itself reality life and for this noone cares especially not god

new topics

<< 1   >>

join