It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says no evidence of DPRK link in S Korean warship sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

U.S. says no evidence of DPRK link in S Korean warship sinking

english.people.com.cn

11:17, March 28, 2010

The U.S. State Department said here Friday that no evidence had been found of Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) involvement in the sinking of a South Korean warship earlier in the day.

"Let's not jump to conclusions here," State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said when answering a question on a possible DPRK attack. "I'm not aware of any evidence to that effect. But I think the authoritative source here would be the South Korean government."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I guess there is a lesson to be learn't here. For the past few days countless news articles either point directly or indirectly to N.Korea due to its dispute with S.Korea. Some have played with the idea that China was involved, however due to the rough seas at the time of sinking and no out of the ordinary movement was noticed by the N.Koreans or the Chinese it tends to point two directions.

Either a tragic internal accident or sabotage as i had posted earlier in another thread.

At this point, I suspect that officials in Beijing, Washington, Tokyo, and perhaps even Seoul are hoping that Cheonan sank becaue of an accidental explosion.

www.guardian.co.uk...

english.people.com.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-3-2010 by tristar]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
At least for a first time they seem to have did the right thing here. People love to jump to all these conclusions that there is a bad man in n korea just waiting to kill, just because it was on the news, lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That is correct, it is why a lesson to be learnt. One must reserve and research the parameters and not fall into the media hype. As the media is there to sell and influence the mass to serve a particular purpose. Its such a text book method thats its incredibly stupid and obvious.

However South Korean military authorities have now said there is no evidence so far that North Korean forces were to blame.

Speculation is now turning to the possibility that the Cheonan, which would have been carrying torpedos, suffered an accident or had perhaps struck a sea mine that had broken free from its mooring.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by tristar]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

S Korean Navy ship sinks possibly caused by mine explosion: YTN

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well that's good that there's no wrong doing on N.K part. But then again, everything can change in a sec. They could end up finding some evidence that links N.K.

top topics

join