It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea rules out navy ship sunk by North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240

One other wild theory i'm throwing out here, is a trained Dolphin with explosives strapped to it. It would be able to swim as far as it wants without being detected, detonate the device UNDER the water and nobody would suspect a thing.

That is a good theory and there is a lot of information that would actually back this up as a possibility.

The USA and Russia have studied the feasibility of using weaponized Dolphins and Sharks before. It is not unheard of.

It would be a excellent way of covering up who was behind it. And confusing the hell out of the victims.

But this allows for the inclusion of all kinds of potential aggressors, and is a veritable Pandora's box.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes this stinks to high heaven.

If they were out at sea, the the "flock of birds" would have already been in the air right? Unless they were sea birds wading on the surface... It seems to me if the media is saying they fired at a flock of birds IN THE AIR that doesn't really make sense... Did the S. Koreans think they were hit by N. Korean fighter planes or something?

If they fired on a flock of birds on the surface of the water.... How in Gods name could you mistaken that for a ship?

The simple fact that there was any firing at all raises extreme suspicion in me. Especially with the reports of firing for 15 mins? Thats a lot of rounds of ammunition.

Take a step back and picture the scene in your minds eye. South Korean ship crusing along... BOOM!!! From under the water and an explosion rocks the ship and a hole is blasted in the hull.

Open firing on a flock of birds! A flock of fricken birds? for 15 mins?

I would say they were indeed hit by some kind of torpedo from N. Korea... They were firing upon a retreating ship or sub perhaps (maybe not because you have no chance shooting at something thats underwater)

Maybe they simply don't want a war. Maybe they know N. Korea would launch a nuclear attack in the event of war? Maybe they just don't want a war to break out NOW in the Korean peninsula when whoever is pulling the strings know's an attack on Iran is imminent and the focus must be on Iran and that conflict?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
occassionally the official story has more truth in it than your "creative" mind....

don't let paranoiia consume you....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
An example of torpedo impact -

Also found this article here -

has quotes from ships survivors,

The ship was broken into two parts and the rear of the ship abruptly sank. I tried my best to rescue my soldiers," said the ship's commander, Choi Won Il,

Choi avoided pinpointing the exact cause of the explosion that tore a hole into the rear hull of the ship before the investigation is complete, but said it could have been due to "internal or external shocks,"

Another sailor, however, had differing theories

"There is no possibility whatsoever that the ship sank due to an internal explosion or a collision with a reef. I guarantee that," said a navy lieutenant

www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Out of boredom, I did the math..

A silkworm does Mach 0.8, so if they did fire on an imcoming missile for 15 mins, they would have to had detected it at 547 Km!

Now, even if you saw it from that distance (unlikely) you wouldn't be able to hit it until it was within a few Km, which would only leave a few seconds reaction time.

Then there is the fact a Silkworm only has a range of 150Km, this rules out a missile absolutely.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Even if North Korea did shoot down the ship what is South Korea and America going to do about it? Nothing.

America doesn't have the balls to attack a country that can fight back. Instead it has to go after defenseless unarmed cavemen to continue war profiteering and stealing money from its own public under the pretext of "War on Terror".

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
First i was a mine-sweep electrician in the US navy and am familiar with the damage caused by mines and torpedoes and how they work.

Mines are of three types
moored mines are contact or acoustic or magnetic influence
bottom mine are acoustic, magnetic or pressure influence or a combination

Contact mine for the most part take out the bow of a ship.
Moored or bottom acoustic, magnetic or pressure influence or a combination mine takes out the aft third of the ship.
This gets the engine room. shafts props and rudders.
Even if the ship does not sink its not going anywhere.

Acoustic, pressure or magnetic influence mines take out the ship about 2/3 of the way back under the engine room aft to the area or the screws.
acoustic mines read the sound if the screws and as it just starts to drop the mine goes off.

Pressure or magnetic influence read the signature of pressure or the magnetic field of the ship as a bell curve and just after it reaches max and starts to drop is when the mine goes off.

Torpedoes are of two types strait line runners and guided acoustic.

Strait line runners can go off anywhere under the ship and are contact or magnetic influence fused. the magnetic influence fused go off under the keel and in many cases on smaller ship break the ship in half.

Acoustic torpedoes will target the props as this is the biggest sound source.
and that is about 2/3 of the way back on the ship.

Now as to the south Korean ship.
reports are the water in the area was shallow and parts of the ship are still visible above water.

This most likely rules out torpedo attack from a sub. the water is not deep enough to safely run or hid a sub.

But this is perfect waters for using mines both moored or contact with acoustic,or magnetic fuses.You get two shock waves from the explosion.
a direct and reflected wave off the sea bed.

But this ship also has 4 gun mounts two forward and two aft. that means 4 magazines for ammo.

Though there are not any reports of the ship breaking in two like you would have from a ammo magazine explosion. light load out of ammo??????

All they can do now is to get divers down and see of the hull sheathing is bent inwards(mine or torpedo) or outwards(magazine explosion).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The last post in this thread was 3 days ago.

Has there been any update in this story at all?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There are a lot of updates in this thread.

South Korean navy ship sinks, North link played down
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join