It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Outposts of Tyranny: Pick One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"Outposts of Tyranny", a term coined by the infamous Fmr. Secy of State Kindasleazy Rice refers to 6 countries that " characterize the governments of certain countries as being totalitarian regimes or dictatorships. " Those 6 countries are:

Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Belarus, Burma and Zimbabwe. I can understand why all of these countries are on the list. Tho I find Cuba being listed only because the US holds a life long grudge against Castro for not opening up Cuba to US Business interests. Which of these "outposts" do you think deserves Military attention from the United States or any other country that could affect regime change?

Personally i have to go with Zimbabwe. Robert Mugabe is Adolf Hitler reincarnate. he even has the same damn moustache.

en.wikipedia.org...

According to human rights organisations such as Amnesty International[59] and Human Rights Watch[60] the government of Zimbabwe violates the rights to shelter, food, freedom of movement and residence, freedom of assembly and the protection of the law. There have been alleged assaults on the media, the political opposition, civil society activists, and human rights defenders.

www.zimbabwedefence.com...

The 32-35,000 strong army is divided into five brigades, four of
which are based on geographical areas; the fifth is an elite unit
based in Harare. The Presidential Guard is sometimes refered to
as a group and sometimes as a brigade. Other operational forces
include an armored regiment, an artillery regiment, and 15 infantry
battalions.

Guards (two battalions)
Mechanized (2 battalions)
Commando Regiment
Parachute Regiment
Armored Vehicle Mounted (one battalion)
Two artillery regiments are available: one is equipped with
Chinese field artillery, and one with AA guns and shoulder-
launched SAMs.

Each infantry brigade has:

Three infantry battalions with 31 APCs each
Reconnaissance Company (12 EE-9)
Signals Company
Mortar Battery (6 81/82mm or 120mm)
AA gun battery
Engineer company
Supply and transport
Workshop
Medical units
The Presidential Guard Group consists of two battalions.

The people of Zimbabwe are in the most dire of situations in all the world (debatable) They deserve better than a crazy racist hitler like Mugabe in charge. Any country with an army 100,000 or more could affect regime change in Zimbabwe in Hours... That country needs a good cleansing of all racist authoritarian douchebags..

WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Which of these "outposts" do you think deserves Military attention from the United States or any other country that could affect regime change?

Quantity: None. I think the U.S. should move quickly to an isolationist policy. However, if I had to pick the worst of the choices, I agree with yours. I don't think the U.S. has the right any longer -- if it once did -- to make decisions for other nations.

I read lots of online forums. I've seen what I perceive as an escallation of loathing for the United States. Perhaps some of it is deserved. I think the U.S. should give the globe what it appears to want -- complete hands off, witdrawl from everywhere, instant YOYO*. I fear that the citizens of the U.S. are going to be experiencing their own personal YOYOs shortly.

Does that sound very pissy of me? Don't mean it to be. The U.S. has many allies, and yes, is sometimes somewhat egocentric. There are problems everywhere around the globe. I'm all for helping out... truly..... but when my own house is afire, I must tend to it. If none of my 'pals' thought to assist, I will forgive them. I will build it back myself and remember.

*You're On Your Own

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

i completely agree with you. Isolationism and self-reliance is the key to a successful future in the US, however, this is simply a what if scenario. If you had to choose a country for regime change, you personally, who deserves it? what country can pull it off? thats all im sayin..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Agree with your point-of-view, and appreciate the amount of thought you put into your post; Zimbabwe has a good amount of valued natural resources to purloin, so it might still be on for them.

Good thread

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure iran&cuba should not be in the list but i have no personal experience to back it up.

i've been to burma however (walking 15days/200km in villages until the police finally came to get me to send me back to the tourist place, changed my return ticket and fled the country after that).

situation of the people is terrifying, they basically leave in jail (country divided in area of around 30km2, to get out of your area you need papers that would cost about one year salary for the lucky one that have a nice job - i've seen people bribing the guards at the check post to get through though).

the level of brainwashing/censorship/cultural control is purely amazing, the local culture has been totally destroyed (the cooking is left no surprise they are amazing at it... no other mean to express their creativity). kids are enslaved to build roads for the generals and the western tourists.

I left this country i was crying.

if you go : put a bicycle in the plane, take a tent and go wild in country side to meet the real people, avoid by any means any touristic place or attraction, every dollar you'd spend would go direct in the pocket of the generals.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ::.mika.::]

top topics

join