It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times News Sites going to charge from June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Times News Sites going to charge from June

www.timesonline.co.uk

The Times and The Sunday Times will start charging for their websites from June, it was confirmed today.

News International, the newspapers’ parent company, announced that readers will be offered a day’s use for £1, or £2 for a week’s subscription. Readers who have a seven-day subscription to the print editions will not be charged extra for access to the websites. International pricing has been set at $2/€1.5 a day or $4/€3 for a week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I just knew this was going to happen soon.... i was counting the days till i heard or read somewhere that news sites would start charging... i'm also willing to bet that when we/they sign up to read these news sites that they will have to give full name and address.... this could also mean that when you comment on a story you'll be liable for any probs caused and you won't be able to speak freely about any subject without coming under scrutiny... they will know who you are and where you live....

Counting the days when other sites will follow suit....

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
who cares no one will pay for there lies anyways why would they internet news is more accurate than msm

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Watch em burn!

Who needs the MSM anymore. Citizen reporters get stuff out quicker and with less SPIN.

There paper business is going under, GREAT.

I have heard some numbers on some online paper subscriptions, they get like 4o people. It is a joke, no one is reading there crap anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Like we should care, oh no the times is offline to us.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Good thingy . all major media need to charge so less people see them and get manipulated. its win win

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I wish them luck with that! I for one can find plenty of news elsewhere that is not charging for it.

You'll not get a dime from me!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think one side-effect of this happening is that sites like ATS will be targeted in one way or another, in order to remove the 'don't have to pay' competition.

Whether this is done by discrediting or by censoring, remains to be seen.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I t is just them trying to keep their jobs. The old newspaper is becoming obsolete. Why would you pay 75 cents for a paper when you can see it for free online.
For all the MSM bashers out there if you look at our "alternative" news you can see it is just Main stream news with our alternative comments. So without MSM we will not have alternative news.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

you know what

I like this idea,

if Tabloids start charging for people to read their crap
think of all the sheep that will be turned away?

Bravo, for once i like this idea

top topics

join