It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Pictures of Sleeping Insects Covered in Water Droplets

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Some excellent photos for you all to peruse. Don't forget to check out those lovely, pouting lips on that last picture of that dragonfly

When I see these kind of pics it reminds me that there is a whole hidden miniature universe on our very own planet.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
WoW! I don't know what else to say.

I do Photography as a hobby. I like taking close up (Macro) photo's of Spiders and I never thought of taking Photo's of them while they were covered in Water Droplets. Come to think of it, I can't remember them covered. I'll have to pay more attention.

I have some good shot's of Webs covered in Droplets. I'll have to go see what I can "See" in the dark, next time I venture out again..

It's amazing what you can see if you just open your eyes and look!

S&F for you, my friend.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank-you, Damian.

Would you post some of your work here?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I'd love to. I'll have to fire up the "Photo Archive Computer" and sort though some photo's.

I'll try and get it done today...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some of the coolest pictures I have seen for a very long time.

Thank you so much for passing these onto ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! Those pictures are just amazing. I love pictures that show how wondrous the world can be if we just pay attention and look

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Look at these extreme close ups of spiders, absolutely stunning.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Those are extraordinary pictures !! S&F

Spiders...I wonder what the world looks like through their eyes...

Nice find !

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm glad some of the creatures in this next link are too small to see with the naked eye....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here's some more things under the microscope, I'd rather just add these onto this existing thread rather than create new threads. Hope the mods don't mind the minimal posts.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
These are some of the type of photos I am after... when I get the time!
I usually shoot (photograph) general wildlife and birds and have just recently started going for the smaller creatures. A lot of patience and experimenting required but I'm getting there. Not up to the standard or closeness of these shots yet but with a little more time and technique tweaking I hope to be.

It's only when seen in close up like this that you can really appreciate the beauty of something that might otherwise just be batted away as a pest or give you the heebie jeebies.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
It's only when seen in close up like this that you can really appreciate the beauty of something that might otherwise just be batted away as a pest or give you the heebie jeebies.

Aye, part of the unseen universe, it fascinates the life out of me. In that last link I posted, check out the very bottom right handside picture, it is just me or does that look a dead ringer for Madonna?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Look at the intricate detail in these ones, really gorgeous.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Great photos. Only good things to come out of the daily maul really. I loved these recent ones. Especially The Fortune-Teller which I have as a background on my PC.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Got to love the pics and the irony of the Daily Mail running a feature on something good a Pole did!

They usually spend much of their time telling us that hordes of Slavic and African immigrants are ruining our country, taking our jobs, marrying our women and eating our babies.....

top topics

join