It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Our plans to release the video on April 5 proceed"-Wikileaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Often when a bold new government arises, bureaucratic institutions remain loyal to the old regime and it can take time to change the guard. Former regime loyalists must be discovered, dissuaded and removed. But for the security services, that first vital step, discovery, is awry. Congenitally scared of the light, such services hide their activities; if it is not known what security services are doing, then it is surely impossible to know who they are doing it for.

Our plans to release the video on April 5 proceed.

We have asked relevant authorities in the Unites States and Iceland to explain. If these countries are to be treated as legitmate states, they need to start obeying the rule of law. Now.

http://__._/

These, IMO, are the bravest people of our times and will end up on the right side of history. These are our heros.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Awesome news, not long to wait now either.

Got to be a positive sign

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When this video is released, will the U.S. government deny it? Will they investigate these murders because they want answers and justice? I don't think they will.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I once read on ATS that the president could "cut off" the internet. Is this a possibility? To prevent the "masses" on the internet from seeing it? As more and more info comes out about, it makes you wonder what they will do.
Although I do not have interest in politics or government, I love a good secret. Curiosity IS my middle name, after all. LOL.
-FCL

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by First Curiosity Last

If that happens on April 5th, everyone will know why. Maybe that is the reason for the wait. The people will be in an uproar, knowing thay are clearly being manipulated and lied to by a government hiding evidence of illegal murders commited by themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well, my apologies. I agree that it IS massive news, I just didn't know if it was breaking.

Also, if the moderator moved it here, completely disregard my comment about the formatting. I realize the other forums don't have the specific submission format that Breaking News has.

Exciting Times

[edit on 26-3-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I posted it elsewhere initially and it was moved by a moderator to breaking news. I agree about the quote; I sometimes forget not everyone has read the article and not everyone will go to the link.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Not to pick at you, but you might want to transfer a more substantial quote from the source that explains the video they are talking about, in the future.

I had no clue what this was about until I went and read the article. Also, is this really breaking news?

There are already several threads about this, and it has been called the most important news of the year!

DoD was already targeting wikileaks before this development, and they are likely considering criminal charges at this point.

Yes, this is indeed "Breaking News" and although you may have not been aware of this particular story, it is common knowledge to a lot of people, so I can understand why the quote wasn't larger. No offense, because I have to play "catch-up" all the time. My first hint of these things is usually long after everyone else knows!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Also, is this really breaking news?

Released:

Fri Mar 26 08:44:46 UTC 2010

I cannot fathom, in the context of this site, a more apt definition of breaking news.

This is MASSIVE ... here on ATS and many across the web toil on a daily basis to uncover such sordid conspiracies from our governments, if this evidence is all that they say it is, Wikileaks has done it.

Smoking guns are the rarest of all evidence ... I just hope these guys are safe, and cringe that they are willing to wait till the 5th.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I could not have put it better. I share your sentiments exactly. This is the most significant progress made for the side of truth, ever, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
DoD Thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
WikiLeaks SOS Thread.

This story will make or break WikiLeaks.

Either they have the video, it is legit, and it has had its encryption broken. In which case they have the most important breaking story of the year.

Or

This is a marketing ploy, they are delaying the release because they have promised more than they can deliver, and their credibility will be shot after April 5th when they come back with some lame excuse at how the government stopped them from releasing it.

If they are legit, then surely they have taken precautions to get the video out into the press regardless of any government actions. If they get shutdown, or prosecuted, or vandalised, or broken into, or anything else, I would expect them to have already made the appropriate releases to get the video viewed. If they delay the release and wind up losing the evidence, then they are frauds!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It will be very interesting to see. If the release is blocked or prevented, the US govt may as well release a press release confirming that it's real. If they allow it to be released, they place themselves in the position of having to deny it. Roll on April 5th.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
why all this drama,almost like hollywood promoting a movie. Why not just release the damn thing and ask questions later!!! "sigh"

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
please excuse my ignorance but what are they meant to be revealing???

Surely by now the US will have got there targets?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
totally awesome, guys. Keep up the good work.

These scam artists, frauds, & criminals can't be calling themselves the government if they keep doing these things. People need to stop hesitating & just treat these losers like the usurpers, filthy little pricks, & dirty scumbags they are.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sounds too good to be true...something doesn't feel right, I also feel they sould just release it if they really have video, it seems like they're looking for attention and donations...hope I'm wrong cause this would be the biggest bomb dropped on the government...can't wait for april 5th now

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Harper's, Salon, and The Huffington Post are the closests thing to main stream news outlets covering this in the US. This is not going to gain traction in any major way here.

GE owns a large portion of the networks. They make engines for planes used in the war efort. They also make some of the bombs being used. So, why would they want to slow down their business? Count any NBC related news outlet as a no show.

Disney is one of the worlds largest media corporations if not the largest. They are so large that they are now a factor in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. They own ABC and several other networks including ESPN, A&E, Lifetime, and Biography. They also own Marvel comics and a couple of book publishing companies. The federal government's policy of deregulating the media industry has been a boon for them. They have too much to lose by making the government mad. You can count out ABC from the coverage.

Time Warner owns CNN, Time Magazine, Essence, Business 2.0, Fortune, Money, and People. Why are they going to buck the government? It would cost them millions if the administration cut off their access to the president, his cabinent, and most democrats. It would hobble their business. Count them out of the reporting.

News Corporation owns Fox. They also own the Wall Street Journal. More than that they own Satellite providers in England, Australia, and New Zealand. Are they going to risk making these governments made? These are all allies of the US in their mid east wars. Are they going to help paint these governments as accesories to murder? I highly doubt they would gamble their multi billion dollar empire on this story. So, count News Corporation and Fox out of this one.

In other words do not expect this to make a big difference in America. It will most likely not even make a blip on the little ticker at the bottom of the news channels. There will be no awakening and no outrage. It will just be one more thing that you mention and people look at you crazily.

Edit:
I forgot to point out that CBS is owned by Westinghouse. Westinghouse is heavily involved in Nuclear power plant design and maintenance. They also manage four government owned nuclear power plants in the US. Isn't Obama pushing for more nuclear power plants? Can you see why they will not cover this story?

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

You may have just explained the reason for why there is an extended hype period prior to the release on April 5th. Perhaps by doing what they are doing they are increasing the liklihood of internet attention...which isn't owned by any of the aforementioned companies.

Can't stop the signal.

top topics

join