It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is she/they now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

Well technically the taxes I pay for with Medicare, Medicaid, and S.S. are supposed to be there for me in the future. I do though realize that the hopes of that are dead in the water.

If the state had passed it fine. See if I do not agree with laws that are passed in my state it is easier to move to another than if the federal government passes a law and I move to another country. I can speak the language spoken in the U.S. and moving from state to state is not nearly as expensive. As for choosing to own a car I work with some who ride their bikes for many miles to get to and from work. You could always purchase a bicycle.

Some states do not require vehicle inspections and some do not have to have them for the first 5 years, others are very strict. I would personally never live in California due to the strictness of their vehicle inspects. It would make owning certain cars rather boring as you could not modify them much at all.

Sure I have used the emergency room when I needed health care without insurance. I was rather young then and that is how things worked out. Facts are though no one was forcing me to buy insurance from a private company I could not afford at that time to buy.

I am sorry to hear of your plight, it truly must have been an awful experience to go through. I am also sorry to hear about your friend’s father. But in his instance it just sounds like a bad call on the doctor who could have been sued for malpractice. Even if you do not have insurance you can still sue for malpractice. The very first things that should have been done are biopsies and a second scheduled appointment the next week.

The fact is the insurance companies will still get a profit. They are getting bailed out. How do I know this you ask? Simple while yes they now have to accept people with conditions they will be paying for they made a deal to only do this if they could have everyone. Now they will be getting money from those who rarely ever get insurance the healthy 20 something’s who very rarely go to the doctor. Heck even I rarely go to the doctor. I have gone more in the last six months for sinus problems than I have in the last 6 years. Prior to that I had not gone to the doctor in another 4 years. They make more money off of me and people like me than they will spend on those who are sick.

You are being forced to bail out a company that needs no bailing out only because they lost revenue when people started to lose jobs. People who had insurance through their jobs started to drop off the map because they could not afford it. Those people’s money needs to be replaced to put the insurance companies back to where they were.

Raist

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

yes they'll still be making money, but not near as much if it's law that they MUST spend 80% of their profits and money on medical treatments for policy holders. You raise some very good points. Yes they will be getting more business, but at the same time all of them will. If a consumer is being forced to shop around for the best insurance isn't that the roots of capitalism? supposedly the best way that we've been living by as americans? Should'nt they be forced to lower costs a bit because they know we're shopping around?I dunno man, maybe its crap and maybe its not that bad. All I know is I watched G.W. for 8 long years cater to the rich and wealthy, and now what I see is someone whos actually trying to maybe cut the credit cards, the banks overcharge fees, and the insurance companies who've been raping us all for years. After watching the rich get richer for 8 years, it's nice to have someone that maybe actually wants to help the poor and the people who were not so fortunate to have a rich relative bail em out. I do still have my suspicions about everything, including obama. Like I've said before, the top politicians got to be on top because they're the shadiest. Thats just how the system is set up. The guy went from being a nobody to being a senator, then the president in 8 years. And that alone is a little reason to be suspect, you don't do that unless you have some powerful friends. But so far he seems to be going against the status quo, and that alone makes me like him more than bush 2, who might as well have been named Mr. status quo. And as far as the car thing, yeah I could get a bicycle, and ride it to texas from saline lake, LA whenever I wanted to go home, or take a bus, or fly or whatever. But a car is the easiest, its setup that way as well. I live on a lake in the middle of nowhere(which I love by the way) the closest town is 16 miles either way. I also work out of state, in texas right now, but anywhere in the U.S. after this jobs done. I can't ride a bike there man, its impractical. And there's no jobs in LA. there was never any jobs there before the recession, let alone after. Maybe if I lived somewhere like New York or something else with a good public transportation system it would be feasable, but its just not for me, I have to have a ride. Anyways man, I'm not trying to make you believe anything, just maybe see a different point of view is all. And you've raised some very good points as well that I did'nt think about before. Thats exactly what I was hoping for when I signed up for ATS. Thanks for that.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ghostsoldier78]

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ghostsoldier78]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

Well I see bush and Obama as the same people different skin. Same goes for dem. or rep. Both are just sad cases to me. They both work for the same people and it is not the ordinary people of the U.S.

I have read article after article on here and other places showing that Obama is helping the rich just as much as any other. He inflated our debt past anything Bush could have hoped for. He made promise after promise like all politicians have for years. The promise that irritates me the most is his promise of a transparent government. What a joke that has become. His government has more hidden spots in it in the past year than the past 16 years.

Just because I do not like or trust Obama does not mean I liked Bush any better. In fact I have not liked any of them we have had for decades. Even one of the most popular in recent times Regan had issues with just letting illegal’s run rampant in the U.S.

As for the bike riding thing I figured you might be talking about riding 15 miles or so one way. The guy I was talking about rides 10 – 12 miles one way. I did not think of working out of state. Of course with that I would have suggested hired transportation (taxies and planes). Of course this might not be cheaper but it would be an alternate to paying for something you do not want.

With insurance companies most everything they bring in is profit. I believe though that the 80% they will have to spend is on a case per case basis. Meaning that on the policy you buy they would have to spend 80% on you when you need it. The 20 year old though that goes for years with nothing is simply pure profit to them. Now that might be incorrect but that is my take on how it will work. But to say that neither they or credit card places can raise their rates any further is not exactly correct. There will be reasons across the board for both to do so. Now that the insurance companies are readying for a huge influx of customers I am sure their rates are about to jump up. As for competition, well that is debatable. When you know they have to buy you service you can hold your rates. As I said this is a bail out for the big boys, the little companies will fail quickly because they will be “made an example of”. This will remove the smaller competition and only keep a few of the big boys who are friendly with the politicians that are in their pockets.

The world of politics is all about scratching each other’s backs. Those that are giving money to the politicians are not going to suffer you can bet on that.

I was not sure I even hit on things you had not thought of. I was only expressing my view of things. Anyway I am glad to make you feel at home though. ATS is a great place with a wide variety of people some of us are nuttier than others though. I have my nutty times.

Raist

new topics

<< 1   >>

join