It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British UFO Base!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Greetings.I live in a tiny lil village in the north west of england called Elton.its about 12 miles form chester and about 2 from cheshire oaks.ok so now you know where it is.the strange thing is ive been living here for 7 and a half years and lots of strange things have happened.there have been strange fire streaks in the sky lasting 8 hours with small white ball type UFOs seen nearby,strange red lights seen hovering in the sky all night,light patterns moving in the night sky,you name it its happened.now this gets me thinking.all of it has happened in the vicinity of Delamere Forest/Helsby Hill.now helsby hill is a big (probably 1,000 foot high) mound of iron ore and rock.im wondering if theres a small outpost there or at least if the area had some significance.

i just remembered some other weird stuff thats happened.now this is only me whos seen this but im the only one who makes a note of this kind of thing in my family.during the night,and occasionally in the day there are intense bright flashes of light that last less than a second but strangely enough never leave any retinal burns like a torch or car headlight would.also (and you can refer to a previous topic ive posted here) occasionally i see strange balls of light in my house.it really does have me wondering what is going on.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
this could be a natural occurance...... do some searches on spook lights very interesting

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thats some crazy s**t i dont live far from u buddy i live in a small town called Widnes...the last 2 times i was at Delamere Forest there was alot of cops there looking for missing ppl dunno if they found them but if there are aliens in the area maybe they where abducted.. just a thought though.......next time im at cheshire oaks i'll keep a look out

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree with jaypeth, probably a natural occurance...

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by malarky]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thats not to far from Rockferry which has a large chemical industrial area. So may be its coming from round there (I'm just guessing obviously) or the UFO's may be taking an interest in that area.

You might want to look at www.mara.org.uk which has a few accounts of UFO sightings around the Liverpool/Mersey area.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by cainey]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaOfTheOmega
Greetings.I live in a tiny lil village in the north west of england called Elton.its about 12 miles form chester and about 2 from cheshire oaks.

Also home of the past decades most infamous baby-sitter!

I don't know anything about any alien base in the NW, I would tend to be quite dismissive of the idea BUT I think there is definately something going on in the skies at the moment, I would reccomend everyone to keep their necks craned and be sure to run to us with anything of interest!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well about the chemical plant there is a huge shell plant but thats on a completely different side from helsby hill.also im gonna keep a look out for stuff in the next few nights.and thanks for the link that halewood lights thing is kinda similair to what i saw.(reinforcing the natural phenomenon theory.not surprising with all the factories lol)also some of my friends who live in the north west have seen strange things.one heard a strange humming during the night,others have seen lights in the sky over the mersey.ill ask around my friends and see if i can find anything significant.one thing is the other night there was a really loud bang during the night.at first i thought it was fireworks but i looked around and there was nothing.coulda just been a car though,but you never know.as i said ill tell you if anything interesting comes up

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm the friend of Alpha. Well I was up late and trying to get to sleep but couldn't so in the end I just started listening to my suroundings. After a while I heard a fighter aircraft in formation. Big deal you might think but following that came a weird humming that lasted for about a minute(I didn't check the time). After this it fadded away slowly. I told Alpha the next day and at first he thought it was wind rustling a tree but I then told him it was unlike anything I had ever heard before.

Theres one other incident which I'm not to sure on. Again trying to get to sleep and I heard a major crash outside. From the sound of the crash it sounded to be fairly small but I'm positive that a few minutes later that I saw a distinct shadow outside my window. After this point I was getting very paranoid for a short while later there was lots and lots of barking form dogs.

Can you explain this to me?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
add to that there have been reports of black spherical craft emerging from the River Mersey,others sucking up water,and (from what ive been told) one small power outage that coincided with a UFO sighting.anybody else know of anything else that has happened in the north west area?we could look for a common link or maybe see if there is a pattern to the sightings.id appreciate only sightings youre realitvely sure of and 2nd hand accounts witnessed by 3 or more people so that anything natural/normal wont disrupt any pattern or trend that we may find.(that is of course assuming there is a pattern) i do think however that a lot of them could be tests of new aircraft but the river mersey one has me stumped lol.

Note: Dread we should ask around our classmates (the ones we can trust lol) and see if they have anything we can add.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
I don't know anything about any alien base in the NW, I would tend to be quite dismissive of the idea

i daresay i agree with you.it is unlikely there is a base but maybe just somewhere that holds some significance that warrants investigation by "them".ill look up some stuff about the area,history and the like.maybe the area has a long history of seeing strange things which would either mean that it is a long standing interest or merely and atmospheric phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a good few years ago a friend and i camped in delamere forest. we arrived at a little pub maybe about a mile away from the forest which had a stock outside (the kind of contraption that locks peoples head and hands in place) which we thought was strange but only if we knew what was to come later that night maybe we wouldnt of thought it was so strange.
it was about noon when we arrived and we ordered some food and had a few ciders because it was still daylight and we didnt know the rules for camping in delamere forest so we though it would be better to wait till nightfall and enter unseen.
it was around 6pm when it got dark so we decided to make our way to the forest and find a suitable place to camp but before leaving we asked the landlord/lady if it was ok to leave our car there overnight which they happily agreed to.
we took most of our supplies out of the car and started the mile/mile and half walk to the forest.we got to the road which cuts through a part of the forest and realised we forgot our torches so we had to get our phones out and use the lights on them...we walked about 500m up the road and just randomly turned left because we just wanted to get a fire going and a couple more beers down us.now it was about 10-11pm and weve been sat infront of the fire sharing memories and stories from back in the day just having a laugh in general. then all of a sudden my mate started kicking the fire out until it was just embers and he pointed to the right of me and when i turned i noticed a line of about 5 lights hovering through the forest we just thought it was a car or cyclists at first but then it dawned on us that we was looking into the forest and not towards the road not to mention it was dead silent and the light these things was giving off was madness...i could almost see every tree in about a 300 meter diameter...when they vanished into the distance the darkness just seemed to creep in and as quick as it went bright it went dark..like really dark...we was rushing to get the fire lit again and quick because we was properly freaked out...i joked whilst he was lighting the fire by saying imagine if we lit the fire and there was a load of figures just stood around us because we couldnt see 3 foot infront of us it was that dark...wish i didnt because i think i scared myself more than him...about an hour passed and my friend became extremely ill to the point he was white as a ghost and he had a strong feeling of wanting to leave so we did...he had to lean on me most of the way back because how weak he felt...walking back down that road seemed alot more than the 500 meters we thought we had came and all the way down my friend kept pointing out lights in the sky that we both could see through the tops of the trees they seemed to be following us...when we got back to the car it started snowing so we just decided to put the heater on and get some sleep before we set off back home to manchester. we rarely ever talk about it to say its one of the most strangest things to ever happen to us and weve known each other for 18 years give or take...plus this is the first time ive ever shared this story in full detail...it would be good to get what he remembered as well because even the day after it happened the number of lights we seen was different...all around strange night but im glad to have been there and witnessed it.

top topics

join