It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Never Ending Story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

Over the past couple years I have witnessed doomsday prophecy after doomsday prophecy, and yet the world is still turning in much the same way it has before...

As I recently read in the book "Expect Resistance", it seems the end of the world is happening agonizingly slow, or is it happening at all?

It's not like I'm looking forward to getting detained in a FEMA camp, or losing loved ones in a bloody revolution, but I'm also not looking forward to 50 more years of being a wage slave for the Super Rich, struggling from month to month to pay for the things that should be communally owned, worrying about basic human rights that should be freely available for all.

To read the statements and promises of our leaders and representatives, face palming and shrugging my head in acknowledgment of the hypocrisy and lies seeping through the pages, links, videos... Witnessing the knee jerk reactions elicited from the people exactly as planned, and hearing time and time again that we can change things at the next elections...

Waking up on any given morning hearing about the latest children murdered by unmanned drones, people beheaded for their creed or sexuality, white phosperous bombs dropped on unarmed pregnant women in a ghetto behind barbed wire...

...While later that night the red carpet rolls out for the "mega stars" of the world, who make millions of dollars doing fun stuff like acting, singing or playing sports... while billions of people slave away for a meager existence.

The contrasts are painful to the senses, heart and soul.

Isn't there an oasis for humanity on the horizon? A holiday? A reprieve from this daily onslaught of murder, gore, violence, hypocricy, lies, deception, profiteering and parasitical blood sucking of our planet and it's inhabitants by a mere fraction of humanity?

I actually wish it was that simple.

I wish there was a clear line between victims and perps, but I have long realized that we all play a part in this, some to a lesser degree than others, but we are all holding each other in place. The rich don't want to trade places with me, but do I wish to trade places with the people in Gaza or Somalia? I am rich compared to them!

And my purchases to feed my family contribute to their poverty, and contribute to the never ending war.

Is this the Never Ending story of our world?

I noticed even the poster of one of my favorite childhood movies resembles a detonated nuclear bomb....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a16d2cee2423.jpg[/atsimg]

Are we doomed to repeat history as a part of the cycle of life?

Is Doomsday just a carrot being dangled in front of our eyes to distract us from the Here and Now?

Are we doomed to let the parasitical bloodsucking continue until some outside intervention steps in to burn the tick out of our skin like we do to our trusted sidekick dogs?

Or is the promise of divine intervention just another distraction, a new form of opiate for the masses?

Those who show more awareness about our planetary situation seem to be quite easily caught up in the idea of a New Age, a 2012 Ascension or extraterrestrial assistance... What will they do when 2012 comes and goes and the world keeps turning?

What if there still is no disclosure?

Will we then finally join forces and bring forth the change this planet so desperately need?

I sure hope so.

I hope We will be the ones to liberate ourselves, that We will be the ones we have been prophesying about for centuries.
The unification of humanity with a clear communal vision, ...a shared Messiah Consciousness, instead of a glorified Messiah individual...

Perhaps it is already here, as a result of the Internet?

Either way, the Never Ending Story is just that, a story.

Let's keep it that way, shall we?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
hahaha Obama is the nothing. At first America was there and then nothing...These look like big strong hands? (says the patriots as if a single hive mind)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. Anyways we will always be told the same thing over and over again until we believe it to be true and sadly it works very effectively.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"This is the greatest case of False Advertising I've seen since I sued the movie The Never Ending Story"... Lionel Huntz/Phil Hartman

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sadly as long as the masses are distracted then nothing will ever change. As you stated, people the world over are struggling too hard to scrape by that they don't have time to worry about the big picture.

Making this month's rent or being able to feed yourself/family is a bigger issue than what may be happening elsewhere. Especially considering that the true version of events requires investigation beyond what the MSM spins out onto the airwaves.

Even in the scarce moments when people can relax it is better to lay back and watch 'Survivor' then be concerned with larger issues.

...besides, that's what they voted for their politicians to do for them.

Apathy and the comfort zone. I don't mean to say that people are being selfish, just that the system is deliberately set up to either discourage that type of behavior or make sure that it is so far down the list that it is never reached.

There are only two ways for it to change:

-A crippling disaster on a global scale; something that is beyond what TPTB can deal with causing them to lose power and force people to take control of thier lives instead of shuffling through the status quo.

-Outrage. Either TPTB make a mistake that cannot be covered up or brushed aside or they arrogantly go one increment beyond what people can tolerate.

Personally, I'd rather the disaster, at least then there isn't a witch hunt to seek revenge against TPTB or anyone that can be associated with them. When all you know is exploitation, lying and double talk the odds of survival are low; manipulation has a limited lifespan in a communal/survival setting.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

Any anti- (or Pro- ) Obama statement is imo highly supect on fora these days. Too many people get caught up in stupid squabbles that do nothing but contribute to the division. Divided we fall.

reply to post by [davinci]

Sadly, I agree to an extent; only a miracle or a massive mistake by TPTB are only way there's ever going to be change...

...but there's still a spark of optimism in me.

Thoughts, ideas and behavior are very contagious, and we never know what might light a spark in the hearts and minds of the masses.

Thanks for posting everyone!

top topics

join