It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Knight (Batman)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Did anyone think that maybe the Joker is trying to save gotham?

Points made:
he steals the criminal's money, and creates something more evil than them,
he progresses batman through the story,
he doesn't kill batman, he strengthens batman's beliefs by tempting batman to kill him,
he brings the citizens to the edge of their moral ethics, destroying the line between good and evil and replacing with a sense of moral justice,

Joker is the little boy from the first film, the boy that batman gives his night vision to after he hears the boys' parents arguing.

Joker's methodology is teaching that heat burns by forcing your hand into an open flame.

The dark knight is not batman, it's joker, both batman and harvey dent failed his test, but the people of gotham did not.

I also believe this film is a microcosm to america's collapse, and the chinese banker represents the rest of the world trying to avoid involvement.

It also shows a sense that when we try and change things for better or for worse, we are complicating the situation, leaking insane results.

the "Dark Knight" film is a precursor of things to come, it questions the justice behind the very laws that dictate justice, and theorizes on how people learn from thier mistakes. Overall I have hope, and believe that we will have much more important things to worry about in the decade to come.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As a big fan of the current Batman series of movies, this is a really interesting idea you have Raj

I wonder if the next installment will give us any more hints along the lines you've suggested ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Joe Chill and the gang (or Kool if you're racist).

But what's the deal with the rough voice?

I mean Frank Miller mentions it, by way of character establishment, but it's not really important for a guy who beats up criminals because he had experienced psychological abuse as a child from seeing the murder of his parents.

The same could be said that via jacking all the mobiles that Bruce is trying to control the masses and bring them into his way of 'right' and not allowing them to discover their own version.

I'm not against you in any shape or form - I think it's a great theory however I think you could tilt it in any direction you wanted with enough conviction.

I'm a man of my word!

Whoa-ah-ha-ha-ha-HA_HA_HA...(etc?).

-m0r

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How can the Joker be the little kid from the first movie ??? at the end of part 1 he is already told about the Joker. logic fail.

for the rest of it, ... I think you have alot of time on your hands, .... why take so much stock in a fictional universe ??? it's just a movie, made for you to enjoy it, ... not dissect it.

any word on part 3 yet ??

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Art is art. A great story should allow people to think about it and draw conclusions from it. A movie, book, poem, painting, song, anything humans create as part of 'art', at its best, makes the participant or viewer or reader think and draw parallels to their own lives or society at large.

I think its commendable to see someone using their brain as apposed to turning it off when they watch something. So much entertainment today is devoid of anything intellectual. I think the Dark Knight offers a lot of interpretations and found this to be enjoyable.

Kudos OP.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

Art is a different perspective on a situation or theme, it is there to help us better understand our world by taking a step back and viewing it from a different angle. We don't enjoy the art, we enjoy the knowledge we recieve on our quest to perceive the world differently.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of the latest south park episode.

I get where you see the connections but I don't think it was written with that uderlying message on purpose.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of the latest south park episode.

I get where you see the connections but I don't think it was written with that uderlying message on purpose.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
most people should know the dark knight is joker and not batman.....

i thought that was a given.

top topics

join