It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regular & Ready Reserve Corps in HC bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is in the HC bill on p496.

Excerpt:

"GENERAL.—There shall be in the Service a commissioned
Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service
in time of national emergency...Commissioned officers of the Ready
Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President...and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws...The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps
is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps
personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed
service’s reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned
Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency
response missions."

Note a huge loophole to allow this to go WAY pass "healthcare".... "for service in time of national emergency" & the 2nd purpose "AND emergency response missions". No mention of "health" or "medical" in the two statements.

Edit to fix url command & change title.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by willow1d]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How in the world can a bill be passed authorizing a "Ready Reserve Corps" without being clear about the nature and structure of such a Corps? Not to mention an authorization of its funding, chain of command, recruitment ect. In short a clear definition.

What is "routine public health" for example?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good find Willow! WTF is this corps crap all about? Oh, wait I know - they all get nice khaki brown shirts and armbands so that they can put a bunch of teenagers in charge, wUnderbaR! Jah, ist gud!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The alarming part to me was:

...and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws...

I guess once again the Federals have determined that they can make up the law as they go, that Civil Service law must have just been slapped together by bumpkin legislators for no reason, and thus should be swept aside at their discretion.

THIS is why I don't believe a bill should ever be so long (2,000+ pages) as to require months to analyze its content ... yet perhaps it is the very reason it is so long..... unless you believe that these guys and gals are so very smart that theirs is the only way to express the idea of reforming health care.....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No only that, but been allowed unlimited amendments after the "bill reform" is passed.

Many people doesn't understand that because the HCR "Reconciliation bill" was passed it was a completed bill, it only means that the actually bill was to be worked on after the passing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

‘‘(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESEARCH.—
‘‘(1) PURPOSE.—The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps
response missions.
‘‘(2) USES.—The Ready Reserve Corps shall—
‘‘(A) participate in routine training to meet the general
and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
‘‘(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to
active duty during national emergencies and public health
crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
‘‘(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left
vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned
Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to
public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
‘‘(D) be available for service assignment in isolated,
hardship, and medically underserved communities (as
defined in section 799B) to improve access to health services.
‘‘(d) FUNDING.—For the purpose of carrying out the duties and
responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there
are authorized to be appropriated $5,000,000 for each of fiscal
years 2010 through 2014 for recruitment and training and
$12,500,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for the
Ready Reserve Corps.’’.

The Bill
Pg. 397

Awfully small budget for a Corps, seems more like a Healthcare version of the Peace Corps. Nothing really alarming about this thing like usual. But still more bureaucratic bullcrap we have to deal with besides the obvious of oversized tax hikes in the near future.

edit to fix link

[edit on 25-3-2010 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Are you enjoying being in Naziland yet?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The alarming part to me was:

...and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws...

THIS is why I don't believe a bill should ever be so long (2,000+ pages) as to require months to analyze its content ... yet perhaps it is the very reason it is so long..... unless you believe that these guys and gals are so very smart that theirs is the only way to express the idea of reforming health care.....

And Nancy said we can figure out whats in it after we pass it or something like that. I bet she didnt even read the dang thing and it wouldnt have mattered much it she had....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

‘‘(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESEARCH.—
‘‘(1) PURPOSE.—The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps
response missions.
‘‘(2) USES.—The Ready Reserve Corps shall—
‘‘(A) participate in routine training to meet the general
and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
‘‘(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to
active duty during national emergencies and public health
crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
‘‘(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left
vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned
Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to
public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
‘‘(D) be available for service assignment in isolated,
hardship, and medically underserved communities (as
defined in section 799B) to improve access to health services.
‘‘(d) FUNDING.—For the purpose of carrying out the duties and
responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there
are authorized to be appropriated $5,000,000 for each of fiscal
years 2010 through 2014 for recruitment and training and
$12,500,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for the
Ready Reserve Corps.’’.

The Bill
Pg. 397

Awfully small budget for a Corps, seems more like a Healthcare version of the Peace Corps. Nothing really alarming about this thing like usual. But still more bureaucratic bullcrap we have to deal with besides the obvious of oversized tax hikes in the near future.

edit to fix link

The thing is the specopwana is that there are thousands of inactive regular militatry resevervists out there still under contract. Used to be 6 years after active discharge. No need for something new really.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

What is "routine public health" for example?
My guess:

Please line up to get your shots, if you don't you will be SHOT.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Nice find. I would expect to discover more Easter Eggs hidden in this dandy of a bill as it slowly evolves.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I cannot believe all the Nazi responses, what a laugh! Thanks, I can skip my trip to the gym today with the work out the responses to the OP are giving my abdomen.

This sounds like a great idea. Where the naziland and armband thing is coming from is a certain mindset, and has nothing to do with this clause.

But I do admire the spirit and gumption it takes to read and ferret out the sections of this bill, so thank you for your time, OP.

I think having core groups of readied civilian medical personnel available for service at a moments notice would be great. Like another poster said, it sounds like a version of peace corps.

What exactly is the down point for medical civilians in each community to be able to activate as a group in an emergency situation of national security/concern? Is it really that bad?

I am failing to understand the Nazi stuff, so someone clear this up for me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is a scary one is it his version of the SS ? Only time will tell I hope not but it seems like the people we likes to surround himself and that follow him no matter what seem to have a paper ass*s and this is a good thing.

What would you rather have some bible toting cowboy or some limp wrist ed metro sexual coming after you.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well I took great interest in this part

Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President...and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws

Makes me think of words and phrases like "Drafted" "Indentured servitude" and of course the old fav "Press Gang"

I would add more, but suddenly I was struck by the urge to sharpen my big bowie knife.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this was in the 'health reform'? *edit add question mark*

i don't see how the two relate

[edit on 3/25/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

i think what the people's problem with this is this:

they passed this bill in a rush, no one wanted it, but they broke the constitution to get it passed as fast as they could because they knew it would be against the will of the people

the problem is giving these people, that have a track record now of acting out of the people's will, now want to have personel on short notice?

seems like passing this bill was too hard, and now for future actions against the people they will use these 'ready on short notice' personel to 'get things done' before anyone can stop them

my main point:

they have already broken the constitution of the united states, and now they are implementing ways to make it easier to do so in the future.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What it sounds like to me with terms used like “commissioned”, “ready reserve” and “active duty”; is military medical personnel who are essentially on standby. It’s much like the individual ready reserve or IRR that the enlisted side of the US Military already has. With those terms it is definitely military.

The Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) is a category of the Ready Reserve of the Reserve Component of the Armed Forces of the United States composed of former active duty or reserve military personnel, and is authorized under 10 U.S.C. ch.1005. As of 22 June 2004, the IRR had approximately 112,000 members (does not include all service IRR populations) composed of enlisted personnel and officers, with more than 200 Military Occupational Specialties are represented, including combat arms, combat support, and combat service support.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have to wonder why it would be the President who is charged to appoint commissioned officers.

(3) APPOINTMENT.—Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.

politicaljules.com...

Incidentally, this has been in the bill since at least the Summer of 2009

Candidate Obama spoke during his campaign of creating a national force “just as well armed, and just as well funded as the military”. Is this part of his plan? The REady Reserve Corps was created under Clinton and this new legislation morphs it to expand power and authority.

This will raise many questions regarding the limit of authority of an officer personally appointed by the President.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I noticed it used the term Corps as well... Here an example of the Corps in the Army.
US Army Corps of Engineers, US Army Signal Corps as well as the US Army Medical Corps which is what I imagine this section of the bill is referring to.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hitler needed a force of men that would answer to him this is how the SS came to be. This is the ground work for something terrible if it falls into the wrong hands. And all the left wing pundits should see that if they open their minds. Why make the ground work? This is looking alot like 1930s Germany folks and I am not talking about what you see on the ground and in your neighborhoods I am talking about the actual laws.

What happens if after Obama we gt a truly crazy nut and something happens America will be lost. I don't think Obama is going to do it he is just doing his part to build it he is to week of a leader. But a nut like Dick Cheney is not weak and will use it think about the future. The worm can turn.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join