It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about the UK Budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So yesterday the 2010 Budget was revealed, the last one before the next general election.

Seeing as this document could have big consequences for the UK's political and economic future I think it's important that we all at least have an idea of what's in it.

I haven't read the whole document yet but it can be easily accessed here.
2010 Budget

Post your thoughts, links to analysis or anything else relevant.

Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Bit of a snoozefest really, increase on beer and fags as usual oh and Cider this time, seems more people have been getting into their Cider recently.

Nothing really much to comment about really, The first budget of the next government will be a lot more interesting

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yeah, not much to say really. The cuts won't help anyone really in their every day lives, but the increases will affect your working class people, who generally do drink and smoke and stuggle to buy those little comforts as it is.

I mean, 15p on a pack of 20 fags?!? That is 10% above the standard rate of inflation and I think it takes even the cheaper brands to well over £5 a pack, but I wouldn't know, as I quit about a year ago.

So much for labour being for the working class eh?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
the uk has no future, just like neither one of the rest of the countries. this should be easy to see by now.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To be honest I only saw this budget as the signal for the election campaign which I think will be one of the most dirty underhanded back stabbing ones we'll see for a long time..

it will be interesting to see how the markets respond if Cameron starts to undermine the money printing and bailout scams run by a lot of Western Govs, how will those govs respond to a Tory leader calling them out on those scams?? I understand Merkel is already making a stand about the EU, and Lisbon treaty in case Cameron wins..

So all on all, the budget was worthless in comparison to the entertainment I hope to see unfold next :-)

top topics

join