It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of the objects in this *VID* are asteroids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
soho.esac.esa.int...

It seems like an absolutely insane amount of objects go whizzing past in this video.

Are all the asteroids and comets in this vid already charted, and are they known? Or just by watching this vid, did I witness millions of new asteroids, and comets, that I could in fact name, and go down as being their discoverer?

It just seems like if there is that much junk floating around in space, some of it is bound to hit the Earth someday.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
my first question is what spectrum is the video taken in?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by imgone

Seems to be in the blue spectrum.

LOL.

I don't know.

Check this out, it is where I found it.

strictlyhonest.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i feel like its a combination of a filter that only shows the blue spectrum mixed partially with an overlayed image from a radio telescope, regaurdless when i was watchin the video i noticed the stars in distant solar systems in the background were moving at a slow rate because they are much farther away than our sun. if u follow one with your mouse and than stop moving it the white dot will keep moving. Provided these are distant stars u can than determine the speed of orbit of the earth at the time the imaging was captured at least. anyways the reason i state that is because if u do tyhe same process with the bright and larger dot thats off to the left and than leaves the frame it is moving much faster than the distant stars. implying maybe that it could be a normal celestial object within our system and its a regulkar occurance, or an object of unknown origin that for some reason break the suns pull but still be very, very small in comparison to a planet or an asteroid or something like that. what do you think?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by imgone

I think I know the difference between stars, planets and asteroids/comets.

Also, there are a vast amount of objects in the vid, that are not stars or planets, but in fact are asteroids and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

My question to the floor is...

What is that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/350f7e517000.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
When i look at this it reminds me of a petre dish full of bacteria or something. It just go's to show how alive the universe actually is.

As for your question, its impossible to tell really. Whether there all asteroids or some of them are "other" things. It opens your eyes to the ever changing state and the vast amount of movement going on at any given time.

Anyone who thinks space is lifeless and boring should take a look at this i think.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Looks like its time to pull out the anti-asteroid shotgun!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It may for the most part be due to some filter...but think of the universe as the one at the end of "Men In Black", but with our Universe being some kind of "life 101" to higher (and much bigger) entities in some dimension we don't see?

a lot of visual/audio phenomenons that appear from time to time there and there are probably bugs in the "Life Matrix" 'they' are keeping us in. Slight cracks on an old 70's disc if you want...

I come up with an idea like that every 5 minutes.

[edit on 25/3/10 by MattMulder]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

My question to the floor is...

What is that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/350f7e517000.jpg[/atsimg]

Exactly my first thought. Phage? Chadwicks?

I would hazard a guess at some sort of reflection or glare or other anomaly....BUT, notice how it seems to be 'broken up' as it passes through the solar flare (or CME, not sure which that is). That tells me it has a physical substance.....very interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
None.

There are few, if any, asteroids between the SOHO satellite and the sun.
The things you see which appear in one frame and not the next are the result of high energy particles (cosmic rays) striking the sensor. One frame has what appears to be debris being shed from the satellite itself.
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

It just seems like if there is that much junk floating around in space, some of it is bound to hit the Earth someday.

Correct... although there's more space in between the larger rocks for the Earth to pass thru' most of the time. It's only a matter of time before a larger rock hits the Earth and obliterates someone.

new topics

top topics

join