It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football/Soccer is EXTREMELY corrupt.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ever since the England v Germany game of the World Cup qualifier in 2001 (in which England won 5-1), I've always been somewhat dismissive of particular games. Even recently with Celtic losing 13 games in a row, and the Mark Hughes saga at Manchester City.

I cant say for certain whose pulling the strings at the FA/Clubs, but as Football makes huge revenue then Its really not too far off from Music/Movie making, where particular clubs/players are popular at any one time, and its the control of the money that goes throughout these clubs that has to be addressed.

I rarely watch any sports these days, infact I'm so fed up with the Mainstream that I make my own creativity in Music, Art, Videotography and at least then I know it hasn't been made to corrupt me (or the masses.)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
OP, for an 'investigator writer', don't you think that your choice of thread title was a bit misleading? My first thought on seeing it was 'all sports are, not just football - it's anything with money attached'. Then, I open up the thread, and you say the same thing in the opening sentences. Why not just say so in the title?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stephenwephentephen

If it wasn't for all the money by bond villians like abramovich being pumped into the premier league over the years, it now wouldn't be the greatest football league in the world.

Big money attracts big players. The prem (or division 1 as it used to be called) was rubbish before the influx of money and foreign involvement.

As for being corrupt? It doesn't just occur in sport remember.

Maybe owners and agents are corrupt, but nowadays for what the players earn compered to a backhander, it isn't worth the risk.

Football is bigger better faster and more exciting than it has ever been.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You all will wanna check out this book

How Soccer Explains the World --

www.amazon.com...

A lot of dirt on football clubs and gangs and corrupt politics, etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Celtic losing 13 in a row??
They've drawn a few, but havnt lost that many!
and what with Robbie Kean on loan there at the moment, he's banging them into the back of the net! Hence Aston Villa's intrestin him.. But will Spurs want to sell him in the transfer window..?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yep about time we had a thread on this.

Electronic mind control is being used amazingly all the time to help some teams teams.

Hint:

If you goto old trafford, your players will be bombarded with mind control techs.

Alex ferguson knows all about this tech and manu also.

Of course others use them too, but i am just pointing this out for you guys. With these techs you can make people lose all focus on the pitch, and make sure they are very tired.

Years ago in england there was a bbc program i think about how they where using binoculars at horse racing to use on certain horses to make them stop or just not win, to make sure the ones they wanted won. They where called sonic guns or something, and cost $50,000 from america if i remember rightly.

Of course today they have satelittes for this, but clubs are big business and clubs like manu do anything to win and i mean anything.

Alex ferguson called real madrid the mob, but he does not ever talk about manu and what they do to win, lol.

Electronic mind control for me has totally ruined football(soccer), and if you do not have these toys you cannot win anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
First off i am sorry for those leeds fan
just because you live near leeds does not mean you have to support such a team like leeds

anyway....

We all know there are problems in football with cheating on the pitch, too much money ect but the FA wont ever charge a team for it, you dont want to ruin the fake view that the prem league is the top league in the world. that would lose money.

Leeds fans dont worry i know you already know all this as you had big problems money wise and sunk very quick.

As a Nottingham forest fan i know how you feel with ups and downs but lets remember the clubs who look atfer the money and the chairman who care about the club always are better to stick with.

support your local team guys

a quick joke about man u fans ......

man u fans are like rats, your never more than 10 feet awat from one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join