It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Steal An Election But Don�t Touch the Pledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CG

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If you are wealthy, of course he's your man! But if your not wealthy and you recon he's in your corner, then your just a blind fool.

Gore is not my choice for President, he was only mentioned because of a lack of alternatives for the moment. If it was my choice I'd put Jessie Ventura in office, he'd shake things up. And thats just what we need right now. In fact I would vote for any common man that ran for office. We must find away to break the hold these corperations have on our government. But you just can't find a politician that hasn't sold his soul to them or the special interest groups. Party lines are nothing more than an illusion these days. All these fools that vote strictly by party, are exactly why these corperations are able to maintain thier strangle hold on our country. Its so predictable for them, they just throw money both directions and wait to see who they have to collect there favor's from.
But its always the same old boring story, folks won't vote outside the parties because they don't want to throw thier vote away. Untill the common Americans can break that mind set, the corperations have got it made.

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well, Bush did pass a tax cut, 'unsigned' the ICC treaty as well as the '72 nuke treaty allowing us to develop a missile defense. Doing a pretty good job of going after the terrorists. Clinton/Gore: largest tax cut in history...after the Cole was attacked they lobbed a few cruise missiles into nothing. Let us not Forget Chinagate.

At any rate, I think Bush HAS done some good for the people. We have a much better leader than those clowns we had in office for 8 years before.

TC, I am sad to Traficant go. He's sort of a folk hero around here, though not my rep, he's from my state. It's safe to assume that all of those guys aren't boyscouts. Traficant at least has done some good, passing some anti-Irs bills was especially an accomplishment. His demise was due to him getting in the way of Clinton. He was critical of the government unlike no other. He called Reno a traitor and at one point said he had an affidavit sayin Reno used lesbian prostitues.

CG

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 08:07 AM
link   
His independent rogue actions have open the door as wide as ever for other nations to support terrorism against us!
North Korea
Iran
Iraq
Afghanistan
Philiphines
Somalia
China
Cuba
Palistine
And a number of others I'm sure I have forgotten for the moment. It won't be long before they are doing it openly either. Just as soon as we are spread so thin we can't do a thing about it. And that aint going to be long. If you have a son or daughter they have virtually a 100% chance of seeing combat for the coming future. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 08:55 AM
link   
as if those nations weren't supporting terrorism prior to Bush?

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yeah lets bame Bush for somlia. Hmmm let me think,oh yeah it was CLINTON who open that door ,got 16 Rangers killed and then left.Yeah real good man there. If he had the guts go back and take that warlord out, there's a good chance 9/11 would not of happened.All Clinton showed is when things get tough, we leave. What a PUTZ.

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Indeed, Clinton was a putz.

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What is it that you think the Prez should do for the common man? Are you thinking that big spending programs is good for the C-M? Maybe some more Take From the Rich and Give to the Poor (translation, take from the ones who earned it and give to the ones that didn't lift a finger to earn it)?

I never understood what people rexpect the Prez to do for them.

My qualms with this president is that he has acted more like a democrat. That was the problem with his father, he wasn't as fiscally conservative as I'd like him to have been.

People seem to think that the way out of any situation is to throw money at it. I thought that way (thanks to the left-tilted public education system), but by the time I reached 20, I'd read and studied enough on my own to know that isn't the way it works.

The democrats immediately began blaming all the woes on Bush, even before he'd warmed the chair up at all. To be naive enough to think that Dubya was the cause of the economic distress we were in when he first took office is to not understand, not only politics, but economics.

Some think that taxes should not be lowered, and if it is, only for the poor. Since the poor pay little tax, that'll do no good. Since the top 10% pay over 2/3 of the tax collected by the IRS, that is also not fair. Since the wealthy are the ones that have the ability to expand their businesses, creating a larger tax base by employing more people and causing our economy to grow, it is obvious that this is the way to go.

Personally, I have never been offered a job by anyone who was poor. It has always been from the ones who are self-motivated go-getters that took the risks and achieved the American dream.

Thank God for the wealthy, and never mind those who want to steal from them.

CG

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And just in case you aint figured it out, it aint a go getter sitting in the whitehouse. keep repeating the same old dried up cliches, you'll be seeing the truth of it soon enough!

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CG

And just in case you aint figured it out, it aint a go getter sitting in the whitehouse. keep repeating the same old dried up cliches, you'll be seeing the truth of it soon enough!

I'd like to know what you think will happen..... I mean, what truth will we see?!?! *very_curious*

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I am curious as well! CG, does the 'C' stand for Cleo, as in Miss Cleo? Or, are you just speculating - the same speculations that have going around for years, unfounded and no culmination.

posted on Jul, 26 2002 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The response given by you, CG, has only one response back that seems fitting: I know you are, but what am I?

No cliche there, just simple truth. It may have to be said so often that it sounds cliche-like, but that can't be helped.

CG

posted on Jul, 27 2002 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
I am curious as well! CG, does the 'C' stand for Cleo, as in Miss Cleo? Or, are you just speculating - the same speculations that have going around for years, unfounded and no culmination.

And set them on the table and call them my own!

CG

posted on Jul, 27 2002 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The response given by you, CG, has only one response back that seems fitting: I know you are, but what am I?

The situation has changed, you must review your thinking to take into account the new facts. Its called adapting to change. Perhaps what was true yesterday no longer applies, to today.
No cliche there, just simple truth. It may have to be said so often that it sounds cliche-like, but that can't be helped.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
.....Is not the definition of George II, by any stretch. I hate Welfare with a passion, yet I'm not talking about what the Right Wing trots out & beats to death regularly. I don't care as much about someone buying cheap cheese with food stamps, I care about CORPORATE WELFARE! What happened to Mr. Adam Smith's invisible hand concept? I've had my own company for 10 years now & I know if someone brings it to market cheaper-faster-better quality, I'm out of business. Why do large Corporations get to pay fewer taxes than you, often not paying any? Why was Enron set to receive a $245M rebate under Bush�s tax plan? Why did the airlines get a $22B bail out in just 10 day after 9/11, yet, they still fired workers by the thousands? Why does Bush�s government subsidize Steel/Lumber/Agro-business? Business Darwinism will work it out: you can�t sell, another company will fill the niche.
Clinton�s government had sound economic policies; Bush�s administration, unless you�re in the Energy/Defense/Pharmaceutical sectors, has royally screwed the pooch.
Our SEC head�s primary claim to fame is that he was Ivan Boeskys personal lawyer ( if you forgot or are too young to remember, Boesky is one of the biggest Insider Trading criminals in history); Harvey Pitt needs to go.
People don�t benefit from Idiot Boy�s tax cut; it�s a recession builder. The Right Wing will tell you the recession started on Clinton�s watch. A partial truth; the recession didn�t start then, only a leveling out after consecutive growth periods. The recessions �birth day� was 3/01.
People who are in the 39% tax bracket don�t turn around and invest in speculatives, the kinds of things needed to boost the economy, it goes to savings and long-term vehicles. Middle income? That rebate paid down the credit card debt; though it being a rebate is a misnomer; �advance� against future refund is more like it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join